Has your loved one passed away in Florida? If your loss resulted from someone’s negligence, you may pursue a wrongful death action to secure justice. You’ve endured the greatest loss one can experience, and our personal injury team at GED Lawyers wants to help you seek a financial recovery.
A wrongful death action is about more than compensation. A Florida wrongful death lawyer from our team wants to hold liable parties accountable for the harm they’ve caused you.
Recoverable Damages for Those Who’ve Suffered a Wrongful Death in Florida
Losing a loved one is as personal as losses get. We will need to speak with you to understand the full impact of your losses, and we’ll take the necessary time to do so. During this conversation, we’ll gain an understanding of the losses you’ve suffered, which may include:
- Pain and suffering: In wrongful death cases in Florida, both the decedent and surviving loved ones may experience pain and suffering. The decedent may have suffered pain from injuries before their passing. Surviving loved ones generally endure grief and various other types of pain and suffering.
- Loss of companionship and guidance: There are many non-monetary losses when you lose a loved one. The loss of companionship for a spouse and loss of guidance for a child are two major damages that our firm accounts for.
- Loss of household value: If the decedent contributed something to your household—handiness, labor, or other benefits—we’ll include this lost household value in your case.
- Lost financial support: When the decedent in a wrongful death case was also a wage earner, surviving loved ones may need coverage for lost financial support. Your Florida wrongful death attorney can pursue fair compensation for your loved one’s lost income, bonuses, healthcare insurance, and other work-related benefits.
- Medical expenses: If your loved one required ambulance or life flight transport, emergency room care, surgery, or any other medical services before passing away, we’ll include these costs in your settlement calculation.
- Funeral expenses: Liable parties may cover the cost of your loved one’s funeral and burial.
- Property damage: If your loved one’s passing relates to an incident where property damage occurred, like a car accident, the damage may be part of your wrongful death action.
You may be able to recover these and other damages. Though a financial recovery cannot bring your loved one back, it is necessary to ensure justice for your loss. Plus, compensation could provide great relief during a time of distress.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Florida, call (844) 443-3529
Is GED Lawyers the Right Law Firm for My Florida Wrongful Death Case?
It is completely your decision which law firm is right for your case. However, you may be interested to know what a Florida wrongful death lawyer from GED Lawyers offers, such as:
- Committed service to clients: We answer phone calls, emails, and other communications promptly. Our team is courteous and compassionate in every interaction with clients like you, and we make client service an essential feature of our representation.
- Proven results: Our firm’s case results include recoveries of $7.13 million, $6.5 million, $4.5 million, $2 million, and $1.4 million. These are only a few examples of the many settlements and verdicts we’ve obtained for clients, including those who’ve lost a loved one.
- Experience with Florida wrongful death cases: The stakes could not be higher than in a wrongful death case. These cases not only involve catastrophic damages, but also involve loved ones experiencing deep grief. Our firm handles wrongful death cases in Florida with legal tenacity, but we relate to clients with the utmost empathy.
- Attorneys who care: We carefully select our roster of attorneys and assign lawyers to cases based on their strengths and experience. Expect strong communication with your Florida wrongful death attorney, who will address all your questions and concerns.
At GED Lawyers, we will do everything possible to secure a positive outcome for you and your loved ones.
Client Testimonials Endorsing GED Lawyers
Our team has earned a positive reputation among former clients. For example:
- “I highly recommend GED Lawyers to everyone reading this review and looking for a lawyer. We can’t praise them enough nor can we ever thank them enough for all their hard work and dedication to our case. The entire team at GED Lawyers was helpful, hard working and thorough.” – Chris Robinson, former client
- “The GED lawyers team is the best in the business. They made me feel comfortable, kept me informed and up to date and have by far the most incredible staff. They care about YOU and nothing else. They are communicative and make sure you are involved in every step of the process. I recommend them 100% and will come to them for any law needs. Thank you team!!!” – Amanda Standley, former client
We earn such praise not just through our case results, but also in how we represent clients. If you have any special requests for your case, we will do our best to honor those requests.
Our Florida wrongful death attorneys consider representing clients to be a service. At a time when you’ve lost your loved one and may need all the help you can get, we are ready to serve you.
Florida Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me (844) 443-3529
Services GED Lawyers Will Perform During Your Florida Wrongful Death Case
GED Lawyers respects your need to grieve and tend to personal affairs. We’ll handle your entire wrongful death action, contacting you only when necessary. We may:
- Investigate the cause of your loved one’s wrongful death
- Gather case-related evidence, including witness testimony
- Document damages suffered by you, your loved one, and the rest of your family
- Oversee all case-related communications and paperwork
- Deal with any insurance companies involved in your case
- Negotiate a settlement
- Take your case to trial, if necessary
You choose to hire a lawyer for a reason—you want them to take care of your wrongful death case for you. GED Lawyers accepts this mission, and we are ready to advocate for you and your loved ones.
Call GED Lawyers Today for Your Free Consultation
There are no obligations when you call our firm, and time may be running out on your case. Florida generally imposes a statute of limitations for wrongful death cases (Florida Statutes § 95.11). Our team will work actively to submit your case before any deadlines, but you must contact us first.
Call GED Lawyers today for your free consultation.