Not paying attention while driving is one of the most dangerous things a motorist can do. When not focused on the road, drivers make errors, fail to see hazards, and do not stop when necessary. These actions can lead to severe and fatal accidents, and often others on the road suffer injuries through no fault of their own.
Fortunately, if you or your loved one suffered injuries in a car accident caused by driver inattention, GED Lawyers can help you hold the negligent motorist financially accountable. Our Middleton distracted driving accident lawyer will fight to help you get back on your feet by protecting your rights and recovering your damages.
Our Attorneys Can Pursue Your Distracted Driving Accident Damages
According to Mass.gov, Massachusetts follows a no-fault car insurance model, meaning drivers must first seek medical damages through their personal injury protection (PIP) coverage after a crash, regardless of who is at fault. However, if you have severe injuries and face significant medical expenses due to a car accident you did not cause, you can seek compensation from the responsible party.
Our Middleton distracted driving accident lawyers can pursue the following damages with a liability insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit:
- Medical expenses. You should not have to pay out-of-pocket for your current or future accident-related medical treatment. Our attorneys can pursue the cost of emergency transportation and services, medical procedures, hospitalizations, physical therapy and cognitive rehabilitation, long-term nursing, and any other necessary medical care.
- Lost income. We can seek compensation for your lost income. In addition, if your injuries prevent you from working or returning to your previous job, we can pursue awards for the loss of your earning capacity.
- Non-economic damages. These awards compensate the injured for severe and disabling injuries, scarring, disfigurement, chronic pain, mental distress, emotional anguish, inconvenience, and other quality-of-life reductions.
- Vehicle repairs and miscellaneous costs. We can seek your vehicle repair costs or compensation for its fair market value if the damage is a total loss. We can also review your case to identify other expenses, such as medically necessary home and vehicle modifications, rental car fees, medical travel costs, and payment for household services you cannot perform due to your injuries.
- Wrongful death. If your loved one suffered a fatal injury, we can help their executor pursue wrongful death compensation on behalf of the deceased’s estate and surviving family members. Awards may include funeral and burial costs, lost income (including what your loved one would likely have earned had they lived), and loss of the deceased’s services, support, protection, guidance, and companionship.
Our Firm Has Helped Car Accident Victims Get the Case Results They Need
Since our firm’s founding in 1995, we have earned a reputation for exceptional service and winning case results. Our motor vehicle accident settlements include:
- A $7.13 million commercial trucking accident case verdict
- A $1.4 million verdict for an auto accident victim
- A $1 million verdict for a T-bone collision
We relentlessly pursue the awards our clients deserve while working to minimize the stress the case puts on them and their families. When you hire our distracted driving accident attorneys, you can rest and recover knowing you have an advocate backed by decades of combined legal experience fighting for you.
For a free legal consultation with a distracted driving accidents lawyer serving Middleton, call (561) 995-1966
What Our Middleton Distracted Driving Accident Lawyers Can Do for Your Case
Our team can do more than fight for the damages you deserve. We will serve as your advocates throughout your case. While you focus on your health, we focus on:
- Identifying, calculating, and pursuing every cent owed to you
- Collecting evidence proving a distracted driver is liable for your injuries and damages (such as police reports, videos, photographs, and witness statements)
- Drafting and filing your insurance claims or lawsuits, managing paperwork, and tracking and adhering to deadlines
- Communicating with insurers and opposing parties on your behalf
- Aggressively negotiating for a fair settlement
- Protecting your rights and standing up to bad faith tactics
- Preparing your case for trial if necessary
Middleton Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me (561) 995-1966
How Long Do You Have To Seek Car Accident Compensation in Massachusetts?
Massachusetts allows three years from your accident or loved one’s passing to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, according to Mass. Gen. Laws Ch. 260 § 2A and Mass. Gen. Laws Ann. Ch. 229, § 2, respectively. The court will likely bar you from seeking recovery if you do not pursue your case before the deadline.
In addition, an expired statute of limitations will reduce your insurance bargaining power because the insurance company will know you can no longer take legal action. We can tell you more about your options for seeking compensation and help you get started today with a free consultation.
Click to contact our Massachusetts Distracted Driving Accident Lawyers today
Distracted Driving Is Negligent and Dangerous
Anything that takes your full attention off the road is a distraction. Cell phones are one of the most common (and also most dangerous) distractions, which is why Mass. Gen. Laws Ch. 90 § 13B mandates the hands-free use of communication devices while operating a vehicle. Other sources of driving distraction include:
- Falling or shifting items inside the vehicle
- Other passengers
- Unrestrained animals
- Looking at events outside the car
- Eating and drinking
- Looking at yourself in the mirror
- Fiddling with navigation, radio, or vehicle controls
Distracted driving is an example of negligence. You deserve justice if a distracted driver’s negligent, reckless, and wrongful actions caused your injuries and damages. Our Middleton distracted driving accident lawyers can stand by you every step of the way, working to protect you and your financial future.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact GED Lawyers for Assistance With Your Distracted Driving Auto Accident Case
Contact GED Lawyers for a free consultation and learn more about how our firm can represent you for nothing upfront or out of pocket. Our Middleton distracted driving accident attorney is ready to fight for the compensation you need. We have years of experience working with injured accident victims.
We offer risk-free, no-cost consultations. Connect with our team today.
Call or text (561) 995-1966 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form