Were you or a loved one injured in a recent bus accident? If you were a passenger on the bus, a pedestrian, or another driver involved in the collision, our personal injury law firm can help. We will investigate the crash, document your injuries, and prove your right to financial recovery. We will also identify the at-fault party to ensure you seek compensation from the appropriate defendant.
At GED Lawyers, our Massachusetts bus accident lawyer will hold the bus driver, the bus company, or the company who manufactured the bus responsible for the financial aftermath of your accident. You do not have to build your case on your own or determine where to turn for compensation. We will identify the at-fault party for you and pursue recoverable damages for your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and more.
How Our Law Firm Builds Your Personal Injury Case
Bus accident cases can be complex right from the beginning, because it can be difficult to identify the at-fault party. Our law firm will determine how to appropriately assign liability, which is necessary to prove negligence.
Establishing negligence requires proving duty, breach, causation, and damages. Our law firm will do this with the evidence we collect to build your file. In addition, we will:
- Investigate the cause of the crash
- Assess its financial consequences
- Handle all case-related communication
- Compile and organize supporting evidence
- Locate and interview lay and expert witnesses
We will also handle the negotiation process on your behalf and represent you in court if a settlement agreement cannot be reached.
Leave Evidence Collection to Our Bus Accident Team
A robust evidence file can help steer your case toward a monetary settlement versus a trial. At GED Lawyers, we do not tax you and your family with compiling the evidence we need to support your case.
Our evidence collection team will obtain all of the following for you:
- Medical records
- Medical bills
- Written prognosis
- Salary history
- Bus accident report
- Injury photos
- Accident scene photos
- Lay witness statements
- Expert witness statements
The majority of personal injury cases are settled without going to court when the evidence proves liability. Our goal when collecting evidence for you is to prove the at-fault party is responsible for compensating you.
Compensation You Can Recover After a Bus Accident in Massachusetts
A bus accident can leave you with a wide range of financial expenses and losses that are the responsibility of the person or entity whose negligence caused the accident.
Compensation our Massachusetts bus accident lawyer fights to recover can include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future income loss
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Property damage or total loss
- Diminished property value
- Disability and disfigurement
- Ongoing pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
At GED Lawyers, we never stop fighting for you and the damages you are entitled to recover after your accident.
Time Limits on Your Right to Recover Damages
If your bus accident case cannot be settled out of court, you may have to go to trial for resolution. The following time limits will apply to your potential lawsuit:
- Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 260, Section 2A generally imposes a three-year statute of limitations on personal injury cases. This filing deadline will apply if you or someone you love sustained injuries, property damage, or both in the accident.
- Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 229, Section 2 generally imposes a three-year statute of limitations on wrongful death cases. This filing deadline will apply if a family member was fatally injured in the accident.
Filing deadlines may differ if your accident involved a city or transit bus. You might also have notification deadlines that require mandatory compliance. Our bus accident attorney will protect your right to take your case to court by ensuring your lawsuit is filed on time.
See What Previous Clients Say About Our Client-Focused Law Firm
When previous clients share their experience with our law firm, they leave reviews like the following:
- Lydia Armand: “Loved working with everyone at GED Lawyers…if anything were to happen to you, I would definitely call the police first, then make sure you give GED Lawyers a call second! They will help you through [the] entire process! Thank you for your help!”
- Rooster Hawk: “Michele from GED Lawyers was super easy to work with. She was very adamant about helping me retrieve and provide the proper information to follow through with my claim…I was able to receive a check from my claim…and they discovered I was eligible for additional coverage as well.”
Our case history includes compensation in the amount of $1.062 million for the surviving family of a bus accident victim. Learn more about the compensation we fought to obtain for our injured clients on our case results page.
Get Started at No Upfront or Out-of-Pocket Cost
The cost of treating your injuries and the loss of income you experience throughout your recovery can make you hesitate to add to the financial aftermath of your accident. Our law firm will handle your case on a contingency fee basis.
We will handle all aspects of your case including negotiating a favorable settlement or representing you in court at no upfront cost. In lieu of traditional fees and retainers, we will accept a percentage of your financial award as compensation. This fee agreement means you do not have to wait to seek compensation or add to the financial hardship of the accident.
Review Your Bus Accident Case at No Cost or Obligation
Preparing a personal injury or wrongful death case after a bus accident can be complex and stressful. When our Massachusetts bus accident lawyer handles your case, we take care of the big and small details of pursuing compensation so you can concentrate on getting better.
Find out how hard our law firm will fight for you by contacting one of our GED Lawyers team members for a free review of your case today.