Boca Raton Personal Injury Attorneys
When you suffer injuries due to the reckless actions of others, we can help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim.
Accidents can happen in a variety of situations. Through no fault of your own, you could end up suffering serious and potentially life-threatening personal injuries that prevent you from working and providing for yourself and loved ones, both now and in the years to come. At Ged Lawyers LLP, we help you pursue the compensation you deserve from those responsible for your injuries through a personal injury claim.
We have decades of experience representing people throughout our community, providing the knowledgeable legal guidance and aggressive representation you need. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and our goal is to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in your case.
Our Attorneys Can Help
According to statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), unintentional injuries are one of the leading causes of death and disability in Florida and throughout the United States. Personal injuries send close to 40 million people to hospital emergency rooms every year. While we may call them ‘accidents,’ the fact is that the reckless and negligent actions of others involved are often to blame.
At Ged Lawyers, LLP, we act as a strong legal advocate on your side, helping you hold those at fault for your losses accountable. Common types of cases we handle include:
- Car accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Bicycle accidents;
- Pedestrian accidents;
- Public transportation accidents, such as those involving ridesharing services, buses, or planes;
- Slip and fall accidents;
- Accidents in which you are struck by or against objects;
- Accidents caused by defective and dangerous products;
- Sports and recreational accidents;
- Dog bites;
- Any type of accident or mishap that leaves you suffering serious personal injuries.
What is a Personal Injury?
Personal injuries can occur at home, when driving to or from work, while you are out running errands, or when engaged in your favorite hobbies and activities. Even in cases involving seemingly minor accidents, personal injuries you suffer can impact every area of your life, both now and in the years to come.
At Ged Lawyers, LLP, our legal team provides the aggressive legal representation you need to get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Our experienced attorneys serve clients who have experienced the following common injuries:
- Soft tissue injuries such as muscle or tendon sprains, strains, and tears;
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Severe cuts, lacerations, and burn injuries;
- Crushing injuries, resulting in damage to limbs and body organs;
- Back and neck injuries, resulting in herniated discs and fractured vertebrae;
- Head injuries, such as concussion skull fractured, and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Spinal cord injuries resulting in partial or complete paralysis.
How do I Know if I Have a Personal Injury Case?
Personal injuries occur due to the reckless and negligent actions of others. When you suffer serious injuries as a result, you have the right to seek compensation for the medical costs, lost wages, and other expenses you suffer through a personal injury claim.
While you focus on recovering from your injuries, our attorneys focus on holding those at fault accountable. How do you know if you have a personal injury case? At Ged Lawyers LLP., we provide the legal guidance you need in these matters, thoroughly reviewing what happened and the circumstances involved. We defend the rights of clients to compensation in the following types of cases:
Motor Vehicle Accidents
While road, traffic, and weather conditions may be contributing factors in car, truck, and motorcycle accidents, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that reckless driving behavior on the part of others is generally to blame. This includes:
- Speeding and driving too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights or disregarding other traffic signals;
- Aggressive driving behaviors, such as tailgating, failure to yield, or improper passing;
- Distracted driving, such as using cell phones or texting;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs or prescription medications.
These types of dangerous driving behaviors are also common causes of bicycle and pedestrian accidents. In these cases, the motorist involved can be held legally liable for damages you suffer through a personal injury claim.
Slip and Fall Accidents/Premises Liability Cases
Premises liability is a type of personal injury case involving injuries that occur on another’s property. They can happen at places such as grocery stores, restaurants, shopping malls, resorts, medical facilities, office buildings, or even in other people’s homes.
When slips and falls happen or you suffer injuries due to being struck by or against objects, it is often the negligent actions or inaction of the property owner that are ultimately to blame. As experienced attorneys, we hold property owners and managers accountable for failing to warn you of potential dangers and for failing to address the following types of safety issues:
- Wet, slippery floors;
- Cluttered aisles and walkways;
- Torn carpeting and loose flooring tiles;
- Overstocked shelves and loose fixtures;
- Lack of proper lighting or landscaping;
- Lack of hand or guardrails on stairs and at heights.
When injuries occur as a result of any of the above or other causes, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses.
Defective or Dangerous Products
The Consumer Public Safety Commission (CPSC) issues thousands of product recalls each year due to dangerous and defective products. Unfortunately, thousands more of these products end up going unreported and can end up causing users serious personal injuries. At Ged Lawyers, LLP, we hold manufacturers and distributors accountable in personal injury cases involving the following:
- Failure to provide proper instructions for product use;
- Failure to provide warning labels on packaging;
- Failure to ensure that products conform with safety regulations;
- Failure to act on reports of problems and pull dangerous or defective products from the market.
Sports or Recreation Accidents
Personal injuries suffered while engaged in sporting activities are common and are often due to negligence on the part of team administrators, coaches, and staff in failing to provide proper instruction or the appropriate safety equipment. Recreational accidents, such as when personal injuries occur while boating, swimming, or other hobbies, can happen due to lack of experience or being under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or other intoxicating substances.
In these types of cases, as well as in cases involving dog bites and other common causes of personal injuries, Ged Lawyers, LLP is here to help you seek the compensation you need to recover in a claim.
How Long do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Florida?
When you suffer a personal injury in Florida, an insurance policy may be available to cover some of your damages. Unfortunately, as for-profit businesses, insurance companies have a financial motive for either denying or downplaying your claim for compensation.
At Ged Lawyers, LLP, we can aggressively negotiate with these companies on your behalf. If insurance is unavailable or your injuries are severe, we will not hesitate to file a personal injury lawsuit through the Palm Beach County Civil Court. You generally have up to four years to file this type of claim. This allows enough time to determine the exact nature of your injuries and any long-range impact they are likely to have on your health and your future quality of life.
What Damages are Covered in a Personal Injury Claim?
Compensation in personal injury cases is referred to as ‘damages.’ Our goal is to help you get the maximum amount you are entitled to for any current losses you suffer, as well as for any future costs you are likely to incur due to your injuries. Common types of damages available under the Florida Statutes include:
- Economic damages, which cover actual costs, such as current and future medical expenses and lost wages;
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible costs, such as pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your personal injuries;
- Punitive damages, which are an additional amount the judge may order in your case to punish those at fault for conduct that was particularly reckless.
Legal expenses are also often included as part of your personal injury settlement or award. At Ged Lawyers, LLP., we generally represent personal injury victims on a contingency basis. This means that you pay no attorney fees unless we are successful in obtaining compensation for your injuries.
Reach Out Today
When you become the victim of a personal injury accident, you have only one chance to get the compensation you need to recover. To ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to, call Ged Lawyers, LLP at 561-995-1966 or contact us online to request a consultation today.