As with any car accident, a collision involving an Uber or Lyft can leave those involved with severe injuries, significant medical expenses, and other financial losses. Fortunately, a Boca Raton rideshare accident lawyer with GED Lawyers can seek compensation for your damages with an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Our legal team has fought for injury victims since 1995, so we know what it takes to get the awards you need and deserve. We take cases on contingency and can help you get started today with a free consultation.
Our Attorneys Will Fight for Your Rideshare Accident Damages
If you or your loved one sustained injuries in an accident with a rideshare vehicle or while using a rideshare service, the at-fault party should pay for your medical bills and other damages – not you or your family.
- Medical treatment. Our lawyers can secure your current and future accident-related medical expenses, including the cost of ambulance transportation, emergency medical services, hospital stays, doctor bills, physical and cognitive rehabilitation, long-term nursing care, and any other necessary medical needs.
- Lost income. If you missed work due to your injuries and recovery, we can seek awards for your lost wages, benefits, and earnings. In addition, if you have a severe or disabling injury that prevents you from returning to work, causes you to change jobs, or reduce your workload, we can pursue compensation for your decreased earning capacity.
- Property damages. We can recover the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle if it sustained damage during your rideshare accident. We can also seek the cost of damaged personal items, including laptops, cell phones, and smartwatches.
- Non-economic damages. Non-economic damages provide compensation for physical pain, scarring, disfigurement, loss of mobility, anxiety, stress, depression, and other quality-of-life reductions caused by your car accident injury.
- Wrongful death. If your loved one suffered a fatal injury during a rideshare accident, we can help their personal representative pursue damages on behalf of their estate and surviving family members. Wrongful death compensation may include medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, the deceased’s lost income, support, and services, and awards for survivors’ mental pain and suffering.
Rideshare Drivers Must Carry Liability Insurance Under Florida Law
It is difficult to sue transportation network companies (TNCs) like Uber and Lyft because these companies maintain that they are not employers but merely app-based services linking riders and drivers. Therefore, rideshare companies usually are not vicariously liable for drivers’ negligent or wrongful actions.
However, Florida law ensures that TNCs are financially responsible for damages by requiring that the companies provide liability insurance coverage to rideshare drivers when using the app. Under Florida Statutes § 627.748, TNCs must cover drivers with up to:
- $50,000 for bodily injury or death to one person/$100,000 for bodily injury or death per accident/$25,000 for property damage when the rideshare app is on, and the driver is waiting for a ride request
- $1 million for bodily injury, death, and property damage per accident when the driver is en route to a ride request or transporting passengers
When not logged into a TNC app, a driver’s private insurance policy applies.
Our Lawyers Will Handle Your Rideshare Accident Claim
We want to help you get the most advantageous settlement possible for your rideshare accident claim. However, the insurance company will likely look for reasons to reduce or deny your settlement. For example, the at-fault party’s insurer may:
- Deny their client’s responsibility for the accident
- Allege that you behaved negligently or caused your injuries
- Undervalue your losses
- Fail to respond to your claim in a timely fashion
- Claim the driver was not using the rideshare app at the time of the crash
- Play hardball during negotiations
- Engage in bad-faith tactics
Our Boca Raton rideshare accident lawyers can put decades of legal knowledge and experience with insurance companies behind your claim. Let our attorneys worry about proving your case and fighting for a fair settlement so you can turn your time and energy toward your health and family.
We Will Establish Fault for Your Accident
Securing compensation for your rideshare accident requires proving that another party’s negligent or wrongful actions led to your injuries and related losses. Our lawyers can establish fault by:
- Obtaining evidence, including medical records, police reports, dashcam or surveillance video, TNC app data, and physical data from the crash site
- Locating and interviewing eyewitnesses
- Consulting with medical professionals, crash reconstruction specialists, and other relevant experts
- Proving your damages using bills, receipts, pay stubs, and estimates regarding your future expected losses
Keep in mind that though you usually cannot sue a TNC, you can seek compensation with a lawsuit against a liable third party, such as another motorist involved in your crash or a vehicle or auto parts manufacturer. Our attorneys will help you identify all those responsible for your accident and explore every available option for pursuing financial recovery, from insurance claims to civil court action.
We Will Seek the Most Advantageous Settlement Available
We will not allow insurance companies to pressure our clients into accepting a settlement that may be less than they deserve. We will handle negotiations and aggressively pursue the maximum compensation available in your case. We will represent you during phone calls, emails, and meetings, as well.
You Have a Limited Time to Pursue Your Rideshare Accident Case
According to Florida Statutes § 95.11, you generally have two years to sue for personal injury and two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit. If the statute of limitations expires, you likely cannot seek your car accident damages in court, though there are exceptions. Failing to adhere to these deadlines can also result in a reduced or denied insurance settlement. We can tell you more about the law and help you take action before time runs out.
Work With Our Boca Raton Attorneys Today
Contact GED Lawyers today for a free consultation. A team member can tell you more about our services and connect you with a Boca Raton rideshare accident lawyer near you. We are available 24/7 and can take your case without upfront or out-of-pocket fees.