Recovering damages from a rideshare accident can be a complicated process. One of the potential complications is determining and proving the driver’s status in relation to the rideshare app. From there, you can determine which insurance company to pursue—the driver’s private insurer or the rideshare company’s insurer. You do not have to handle these complications on your own.
Our North Lauderdale car accident lawyer supports injured drivers, passengers, and pedestrians. We also fight for compensation for families who experienced the loss of a loved one in a rideshare accident. At Ged Lawyers, our North Lauderdale rideshare accident lawyer will deal with the insurance issues for you. We can start helping you seek compensation for your medical bills and lost income when you call us today.
Compensation Options for Your Rideshare Accident in North Lauderdale
One of the beneficial things a personal injury lawyer can do to fight for you is assign an accurate value to your case. Our results-driven team will assess your potential compensation based on your:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Lost earning capacity
- Property damage
- Property loss
- Physical disability
- Physical disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
Wrongful death damages for surviving family members can include funeral and burial costs for a fatally injured loved one. They also include loss of consortium, companionship, and financial and familial support.
The Statute of Limitations on Your North Lauderdale Rideshare Accident Lawsuit
You generally have two years to file your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11. Our legal team will interpret the appropriate filing deadline in your case. We also explain any factors that cause the statute of limitations to fluctuate.
Because of the filing deadline, you should not delay in getting started on your rideshare service crash. If you miss the statute of limitations, you may not be left with any legal options to recover compensation.
Our Rideshare Accident Lawyer Will Clarify Which Insurance Company to Pursue
When a rideshare driver’s negligence causes an accident, you may have to seek damages from their private insurance company if the driver was not signed into the app. You can seek compensation from the rideshare company’s insurance provider if:
- The driver was signed into the app and waiting for a ride request
- The driver was signed into the app and on the way to pick up a passenger
- The driver was completing a ride with a passenger in their vehicle
At Ged Lawyers, we know how important it is to document the driver’s app status. Our rideshare accident lawyer serving North Lauderdale will handle it for you.
Uber and Lyft Insurance Coverage for North Lauderdale Rideshare Accidents
If they are financially liable for your accident, Uber’s insurance policy provides third-party coverage in the following amounts:
- $50,000 in bodily injury compensation per person
- $100,000 in bodily injury compensation per accident
- $25,000 in property damage compensation per accident
- $1,000,000 in third-party liability, under certain circumstances
When you hire a lawyer for your car accident case, you can leave legal and insurance matters to us and focus on getting better.
Lyft’s insurance coverage for North Lauderdale rideshare accidents is similar. When they are responsible for compensating you after an accident, our rideshare accident lawyer will explore the limitations and maximums of their policy.
The Role of Negligence in Defining North Lauderdale Rideshare Accident Liability
To hold the at-fault party accountable after your accident, we will prove the following elements of negligence:
- Duty of care: The liable party owed you a legal duty of care
- Breach of duty: That person breached their duty of care
- Causation: Their breach caused your injuries
- Damages: The injuries resulted in financial and non-economic losses
Our investigation will prove these elements and your right to recover damages for your injuries and related expenses and losses.
Our Rideshare Accident Lawyer Will Build Your North Lauderdale Evidence File
The evidence we compile will tell the story of your accident and the events that led up to it. Your case file will contain:
- Car accident report
- Rideshare receipts
- Witness statements
- Proof of medical attention, such as your medical records
- Proof of income
- Photos of both cars
- Accident scene photos
- Witness statements
- First responder reports
We use the accumulated evidence to fight for a financial settlement rather than a potentially lengthy settlement process.
Our Rideshare Accident Lawyer Will Deal With the Insurance Company for You
The at-fault driver’s insurance company will require proof of the accident’s cause, cost, and the driver’s status on the rideshare app at the time of the collision. Our rideshare accident attorney serving North Lauderdale will handle the insurance company and their adjuster, including:
- Calculating your recoverable damages
- Preparing and filing your insurance claim
- Filing your lawsuit with the court
- Canvassing for photos and video footage
- Interviewing lay and expert witnesses
We know how hard it can be to wonder about your case, so we also provide timely updates as it develops. This includes informing you at each step of the negotiation process.
Our Entire Team at Ged Lawyers Is Committed to Outstanding Client Service
We are passionate about recovering damages for every injury victim we represent. Our reviews page is packed with testimonials like these from previous clients:
- Michael D. Marineau: “I wanted to share my gratitude for GED Lawyers and their entire staff, most importantly Yasenia … the Paralegal assigned to my personal injury case. From my call from the accident scene to receiving a check … I always had a direct line of communication.”
- Eyad Albuhaisi: “Very helpful and professional customer service. Superb experience. Highly recommend. Service from start to finish and some more.”
You and your case are a priority, so we work hard to provide personalized, communicative legal service and support when you need it most.
Get a Free Review of Your North Lauderdale Rideshare Accident Case
If you or someone you love was injured in an accident with a rideshare driver, recovering damages can be complicated. Our North Lauderdale rideshare accident lawyer will help you figure out which insurance company to pursue for compensation.
Learn more about how hard we will go to bat for you by contacting one of our consultation team members at Ged Lawyers to get started today. Our law firm provides free initial consultations to all accident victims.