When you suffer injuries due to the reckless actions of others, we can help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim.
Accidents can happen in a variety of situations. You could end up suffering serious and potentially life-threatening personal injuries that prevent you from working and providing for yourself and your loved ones, both now and in the years to come.
At GED Lawyers, a Boca Raton personal injury lawyer can help you pursue the compensation you need from those responsible for your injuries through a personal injury claim.
We have decades of knowledge from representing people throughout our community, providing legal guidance and aggressive representation. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our goal is to ensure you get the amount you are entitled to in your case.
Our Attorneys Can Help After an Accident and You Have Resulting Losses
According to statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), unintentional injuries are one of the leading causes of death and disability in Florida and throughout the United States. Personal injuries send close to 100 million people to hospital emergency rooms every year. While we may call them ‘accidents,’ the fact is that the reckless and negligent actions of others involved are often to blame.
At GED Lawyers, we act as legal advocates, helping you hold those at fault for your losses accountable. Common types of cases we handle include:
- Car accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Bicycle accidents;
- Pedestrian accidents;
- Public transportation accidents, such as those involving ridesharing services, buses, or planes;
- Slip and fall accidents;
- Accidents in which you are struck by or against objects;
- Accidents caused by defective and dangerous products;
- Sports and recreational accidents;
- Dog bites; and
- Any type of accident or mishap that leaves you suffering serious personal injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Boca Raton, call (844) 443-3529
What a Personal Injury Is and How You Could Suffer From One
Personal injuries can occur at home, when driving to or from work, while you are out running errands, or when engaged in your favorite hobbies and activities. Even in cases involving seemingly minor accidents, personal injuries you suffer can impact every area of your life, both now and in the years to come.
At GED Lawyers, our legal team provides legal representation that helps you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Our attorneys serve clients who have experienced the following common injuries:
- Soft tissue injuries such as muscle or tendon sprains, strains, and tears;
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Severe cuts, lacerations, and burn injuries;
- Crushing injuries, resulting in damage to limbs and body organs;
- Back and neck injuries, resulting in herniated discs and fractured vertebrae;
- Head injuries, such as concussion skull fractured, and traumatic brain injuries (TBI); and
- Spinal cord injuries resulting in partial or complete paralysis.
Boca Raton Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (844) 443-3529
How To Know Whether You Have a Personal Injury Case
Personal injuries occur due to the reckless and negligent actions of others. When you suffer serious injuries as a result, you have the right to seek compensation. The medical costs, lost wages, and other expenses you suffer through a personal injury are all compensable.
While you focus on recovering from your injuries, our attorneys focus on holding those at fault accountable. How do you know if you have a personal injury case? At GED Lawyers, we provide the legal guidance you need in these matters, thoroughly reviewing what happened and the circumstances involved. We defend the rights of clients to compensation in the following types of cases:
Motor Vehicle Accidents
While road, traffic, and weather conditions may be contributing factors in car, truck, and motorcycle accidents, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) can affirm that reckless driving behavior is often to blame. This includes:
- Speeding and driving too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights or disregarding other traffic signals;
- Aggressive driving behaviors, such as tailgating, failure to yield, or improper passing;
- Distracted driving, such as using cell phones or texting; and
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs or prescription medications.
These types of dangerous driving behaviors are also common causes of bicycle and pedestrian accidents. In these cases, the motorist involved can be held legally responsible for damages you suffer through a personal injury claim.
Slip and Fall Accidents/Premises Liability Cases
Premises liability is a type of personal injury case involving injuries that occur on another’s property. They can happen at places such as grocery stores, restaurants, shopping malls, resorts, medical facilities, office buildings, or even in other people’s homes.
When slips and falls happen, or you suffer injuries due to being struck by or against objects, it is often the negligent actions or inaction of the property owner that is ultimately to blame. We can hold property owners and managers accountable for failing to warn you of potential dangers and failing to address the following types of safety issues:
- Wet, slippery floors;
- Cluttered aisles and walkways;
- Torn carpeting and loose flooring tiles;
- Overstocked shelves and loose fixtures;
- Lack of proper lighting or landscaping; and
- Lack of hand or guardrails on stairs and at heights.
When injuries occur as a result of any of the above or other causes, you could be entitled to compensation for your losses.
Defective or Dangerous Products
The Consumer Public Safety Commission (CPSC) issues thousands of product recalls each year due to dangerous and defective products. Unfortunately, thousands more of these products end up going unreported and can end up causing users serious personal injuries. At GED Lawyers, we hold manufacturers and distributors accountable in personal injury cases involving the following:
- Failure to provide proper instructions for product use;
- Failure to provide warning labels on the packaging;
- Failure to ensure that products conform with safety regulations; and
- Failure to act on reports of problems and pull dangerous or defective products from the market.
Sports or Recreation Accidents
Personal injuries suffered while engaged in sporting activities are common. They are often due to negligence on the part of team administrators, coaches, and staff. These parties could have failed to provide proper instruction or the appropriate safety equipment.
Recreational accidents can happen due to the lack of experience or being under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or other intoxicating substances. Recreational accidents can include personal injuries that occur while boating, swimming, or while engaging in other hobbies.
In these types of cases, as well as in cases involving dog bites and other common causes of personal injuries, GED Lawyers is here. We can help you seek the compensation you need to recover in a claim.
What Our Clients Say About Our Results
Reading testimonials is the next best thing to sitting down and talking to one of our clients about how hard we work on their Boca Raton personal injury claims. We have hundreds of online reviews. Here are just a few examples of our positive reviews from our clients:
- “GED LAWYERS are incredible! Hired them after facing a serious injury at home. Before accepting any payment, they thoroughly evaluated our situation and confirmed about the case. After that, we did nothing and they just did everything. Quick, easy, painless, and successful! Strongly recommend them.” Joe S.
- “I can’t say enough about Ged Lawyers. After my car accident they helped me out when I needed them most. Professional, knowledgeable and responsive. Was contacted regularly so I was informed and updated every step of the way. If I had questions they were very patient and generous with their time. That’s what I appreciated the most. Even during this Corona/covid era…..the work never stopped. Special thanks to Maria! Made everything simple and easy for me. She is the best!” George H.
- “The entire GED Law team is amazing. They are very upfront about your case, where it could lead and disclose every foreseeable step. Nothing is pleasant about a personal injury case, however having good people like Al Johnson and Mark Packo on your side make a huge difference. My paralegal Shara Silva made communication fast and efficient. Hopefully I will never need them again, but if I do I will definitely return.” Courtney F.
- “Ged Lawyers handled my case with professionalism and exceeded my expectations with excellent results. During these trying times of a pandemic, they were always available to answer of my questions and handle any matter needed. Mark Packo aggressively pursued my lawsuit with excellent results and his paralegal Shara was so kind and professional and kept my updated on my case regularly. I highly recommend this firm to anyone in need of legal services.” Sidney M.
When you get hurt because of someone else’s carelessness, the last thing you should have to do is battle a billion-dollar insurance company for the compensation you deserve. When we are on the case, our clients know that they can focus their attention on getting better because we have everything else covered.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Long You Have To File a Personal Injury Claim in Florida
When you suffer a personal injury in Florida, an insurance policy could cover some of your damages. Unfortunately, as for-profit businesses, insurance companies have a financial motive for either denying or downplaying your claim for compensation.
At GED Lawyers, we can negotiate with these companies on your behalf. If insurance is unavailable or your injuries are severe, we will not hesitate to file a personal injury lawsuit through the Palm Beach County Civil Court.
You generally have up to 4 years to file this type of claim under Florida Statutes § 95.11. This allows enough time to determine the exact nature of your injuries and any long-range impact they are likely to have on your health and your future quality of life.
Things you need to know about filing deadlines:
- Negotiating with the insurance company does not satisfy the statute of limitations, also called the filing deadline. If the deadline passes while you are negotiating with the insurer, you will lose the right to go after compensation for your injuries and losses.
- Claims adjusters know the deadlines that apply to your case. If the adjuster can drag out the negotiations even one day after the deadline expires, you will get nothing. The insurance company will stop taking your phone calls because they no longer have any legal obligation to pay your claim.
- If your loved one died because of someone else’s negligence, you would have only two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit in Florida, under Florida Statutes § 95.11.
- If a municipality was responsible for your injury, you would have to file a written claim within six months of the injury under Florida Statutes § 768.28(6)(a)(1).
Please do not wait to talk to your personal injury about your Boca Raton case. Sometimes, circumstances can extend the deadline a little, but those situations are rare.
What Damages Are Covered in a Personal Injury Claim?
Compensation in personal injury cases is referred to as ‘damages.’ Our goal is to help you get the fair amount you are entitled to for any current losses you suffer (and expect to suffer). Common types of damages available under the Florida Statutes § 768.21 include:
- Economic damages, which cover actual costs, such as current and future medical expenses and lost wages;
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible costs, such as pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your personal injuries;
- Punitive damages, which are an additional amount the judge may order in your case to punish those at fault for conduct that was particularly reckless.
Legal expenses are also often included as part of your personal injury settlement or award. At GED Lawyers, we generally represent personal injury victims on a contingency-fee basis. This means that you pay no attorney fees until we are successful in obtaining compensation for your injuries.
Reach Out Today After a Personal Injury in Boca Raton
When you become the victim of a personal injury accident, you have only one chance to get the compensation you need to recover. Contact us online or call us to request a consultation today. Our team can fight for a fair financial recovery.