A Florida personal injury lawyer can assist you in filing a claim for the compensation you are due when you sustain injuries due to someone else’s careless behavior. You might sustain serious personal injuries that result in tens of thousands of dollars in medical costs. Life-changing injuries can also alter your daily routine, causing you excess stress.
Through a personal injury claim, a Boca Raton personal injury lawyer may assist you in getting the money you require from the people at fault. The Personal Injury lawyers at GED Lawyers, LLP have years of experience representing individuals throughout our community and amassing hard evidence to support your claims.
Personal Injury Cases Our Boca Raton Lawyers Can Handle
When someone takes negligent actions that result in an injury, it’s time to seek compensation. Our personal injury attorneys act as legal advocates, helping you hold those at fault accountable for your losses. Common types of cases we handle include:
- Auto accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Public transportation accidents, such as those involving ridesharing services, buses, or planes
- Slip and fall accidents
- Accidents in which you are struck by or against objects
- Accidents involving defective products or dangerous products
- Sports and recreational accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Dog bites
- Nursing home negligence and abuse cases
- Camp Lejeune
Our Boca Raton attorneys are ready to handle the entire process of building and preparing your case. We will prove the negligence of the at-fault parties responsible for your suffering, regardless of the type of accident you’ve suffered. We can gather relevant evidence to help you get the fair compensation you need.
The Benefits of Hiring Our Client-Focused Legal Team
Our law firm is passionate about recovering monetary damages for the injured clients who turn to us for support. We fight for compensation for injured parties and for families who lost a loved one in a negligence-based fatality.
When we accept your case, we take on all of the following tasks:
- Communicate with the negligent party and their insurer
- Identify the liable party or prove there are multiple liable parties
- Assess your compensable damages and intangible damages
- Handle the details of filing your personal injury lawsuit or insurance claim
- Locate and interview lay witnesses and consult expert witnesses
- Review the at-fault party’s insurance coverage and policy limits
Our team works hard to take on all the hard work for you. We are committed to providing personalized legal care and to treating you like an individual client, not a case file.
What a Personal Injury Is and Common Injuries
Personal injuries can happen anywhere, including at home, driving to or from work, running errands, or participating in your favorite hobbies and pastimes. Personal injuries you sustain can affect every aspect of your life, both now and in the years to come, even in situations that seem to be relatively minor.
Our attorneys represent you in court and work to ensure that you receive any benefits to which you are legally entitled. Our lawyers can help you if you’ve sustained any of the following types of injuries:
- Muscle and tendon sprains, strains, and tears
- Dislocated joints and broken bones
- Severe burn injuries, lacerations, and cuts
- Limbs and internal organs damaged as a result of crushing injuries
- Injuries to the back and neck that result in shattered vertebrae and ruptured discs
- Concussions, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries that cause partial or total paralysis
Whether you’ve suffered severe or catastrophic injuries, you should seek medical attention from a medical professional. Even if your injury isn’t listed above, you may still be eligible for financial compensation. We’re here to help you through the legal process so you can recover quickly.
How to Know if You Have a Boca Raton Personal Injury Case
Personal injuries happen as a result of another’s negligent behavior. You have the right to compensation if someone else’s negligence causes you to sustain catastrophic harm. Your personal injury-related expenses, including medical bills, missed earnings, and other costs, are all recoverable.
While you concentrate on getting well from your wounds, our lawyers work to bring the negligent parties accountable. We will give you the legal advice you need and lead you through your case. In the following kinds of cases, we protect clients’ entitlements to compensation:
Accidents involving cars, trucks, and motorcycles may also be caused by weather, traffic, and road conditions. Still, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), reckless driving is one of the main causes. This may consist of the following:
- Disregarding other traffic lights or red lights
- Aggressive driving practices, such as passing too closely, failing to yield, or tailgating
- Driving while distracted while texting or using a cell phone
- Driving when high on drugs, alcohol, or prescription medicine
These risky driving practices frequently cause accidents involving bicycles and pedestrians. In certain situations, you can file a personal injury claim to hold the driver liable for your losses.
Other causes of motor vehicle accidents can include manufacturing flaws and defects and unsafe road and weather conditions.
Slip and Fall Injuries and Premises Liability Cases
Premises liability is a type of personal injury case involving injuries on someone else’s property. Anywhere that a property owner does not take a duty of care to protect you and you get hurt, you can file a personal injury claim.
The ultimate cause of slips, trips, falls, and injuries from being hit by or against items due to the property owner’s negligence, whether shown through action or inaction. We can hold landlords and managers responsible if they don’t alert you to potential risks or ignore the following kinds of safety issues:
- Slick, wet floors
- Cluttered walkways and aisles
- Ripped carpeting and missing floor tiles
- Cluttered cabinets and faulty fixtures
- Improper landscaping or lighting
- Absence of handrails or guardrails at heights
You may be entitled to compensation for your losses when injuries occur due to any of the causes above or others that are not listed.
Dangerous or Flawed products
Each year, agencies recall hundreds of products because they are unsafe or have defects. Unfortunately, thousands more of these goods cause major bodily damage to users yet go undetected. In incidents involving the following types of injuries, our team holds manufacturers and distributors responsible:
- Providing incorrect usage instructions for a product
- Failure to make sure that items adhere to safety rules
- Failure to include warning labels on packaging
- Failure to remove hazardous or flawed products from the market after receiving reports of difficulties
Accidents in Sports or Recreation
There are many instances of people getting hurt while participating in sports. They frequently result from the neglect of the personnel, coaches, and team managers. These parties might not have been given the appropriate training or safety gear.
Due to inexperience or being under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or other altering substances, recreational accidents can occur. Personal injuries sustained while boating, swimming, or engaged in other pastimes are considered recreational accidents.
Our Boca Raton personal injury lawyers are here for you in cases like these and cases involving dog bites and other typical sources of personal injuries. We can assist you in pursuing the money you require to win a claim.
How Much Time You Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Florida
When you suffer a personal injury in South Florida, an insurance policy could cover some of your damages. Unfortunately, as for-profit businesses, insurance companies have a financial motive to deny or downplay your compensation claim.
Our Boca Raton personal injury lawyers can negotiate with these companies on your behalf. If your injuries are serious or insurance is unavailable, we will gladly file personal injury documents through the Palm Beach County Civil Court.
You generally have up to two years to file this claim under Florida Statutes §95.11. This allows enough time to determine the exact nature of your injuries and any long-range impact they will likely have on your health and your future quality of life.
Things to Know About Filing Deadlines
When you file an insurance claim, there are many things you have to keep in mind to have the best opportunity for maximum compensation. Here are some things you should keep in mind when filing a legal claim:
- Negotiating with the insurance company does not satisfy the statute of limitations, also called the filing deadline. If the deadline passes while negotiating with the insurer, you will lose the right to go after compensation for your injuries and losses.
- Claims adjusters know the deadlines that apply to your case. You will get nothing if the adjuster can drag out the negotiations even one day after the deadline expires. The insurance company will stop taking your phone calls because they no longer have any legal obligation to pay your claim.
- If your loved one died because of someone else’s negligence, you would have only two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit in Florida.
- If a municipality was responsible for your injury, you must file a written claim within six months of the injury.
Do not wait to talk to your personal injury attorney about your Boca Raton case. Sometimes, circumstances can extend the deadline a little, but those situations are rare. A lawyer from our firm can help you navigate the claims process.
What Damages Are Covered in a Personal Injury Claim?
Compensation in personal injury cases is referred to as ‘damages.’ Our goal is to help you get the fair amount you are entitled to for any losses you suffer (and expect to suffer). Common types of damages available under the Florida Statutes §768.21 include:
- Economic damages: These compensations cover expenses, including past and present medical care, missed wages, and lost future earnings.
- Non-economic damages: These damages are not monetary but can cover losses such as pain and suffering and any diminished quality of life brought on by your personal injuries.
- Punitive damages: This uncommon type of loss refers to an additional sum that the court could impose in your case to penalize the parties to blame for particularly careless behavior.
Legal expenses are often included in your personal injury settlement or award. We represent personal injury victims on a contingency fee basis. You will pay no attorney fees until we successfully obtain compensation for your injuries.
Reach Out Today to a Personal Injury Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
When you become the victim of a personal injury accident, you have only one chance to get the compensation you need to recover. Our Boca Raton, FL, personal injury attorneys at GED Lawyers have extensive experience in getting our clients the compensation they deserve.
Contact us online or call us to request a consultation with our personal injury lawyers today. Our personal injury law firm team can fight for a fair financial recovery.