Personal injury cases are civil action cases that establish whether the defendant’s negligence caused the plaintiff’s injuries. These cases often involve accidents, such as automobile accidents, defective product use, or even medical malpractice. Though some accidents might seem straightforward, personal injury cases can become complex.
At GED Lawyers, we can help you build your case and recover compensation for your damages. If you or a loved one was injured in an accident in Florida that could have been prevented, a Rehoboth personal injury lawyer from our team can represent you and fight to hold the defendant accountable.
Types of Personal Injury Cases Our Team Handles
Personal injury cases involve a wide range of practice areas. The team at GED Lawyers has handled various personal injury cases, from car accidents to amusement park ride accidents. As a result, our lawyers are prepared to face even the most unique challenges.
Some of the more common personal injury cases in Florida involve:
- Personal injury protection (PIP) claims
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Boat accidents
- Uber and Lyft rideshare vehicle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Defective products and mass torts
- Disaster recovery (e.g., hurricane damage)
- Swimming pool accidents
- Cell tower accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Amusement park ride accidents
- Airplane accidents
- Auto glass replacement (windshield claims)
- Construction zone accidents
- Limo and party bus accidents
- Personal watercraft accidents
- Train and railroad crossing accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Workplace accidents
- Wrongful death
What Services Our Law Firm Offers to Clients
We give you full-service treatment when you hire a Rehoboth personal injury lawyer from our firm. We’re willing to manage your case from start to finish. This can benefit you if you’ve never navigated the legal process in Florida or if you are currently recovering from your injuries and cannot build a case by yourself.
Our team will do the work necessary to prepare your claim or lawsuit, submit your case, and work toward a settlement or verdict on your behalf. To do this, we offer the following services:
- Investigative services: We will research relevant laws, insurance policies, and data to support your case. We will also review the official accident report about your case and may investigate further to collect evidence, such as witness testimony or video footage of the accident.
- Administrative services: Personal injury cases involve extensive paperwork, communications, and follow-up reporting. We will handle the administrative tasks on your behalf so that all paperwork is accurate and filed on time. In addition, we will update you with every new notice regarding your case.
- Legal representation services: Your lawyer will serve as your representative in various stages of your case, from the initial notice of intention to sue to the trial hearing. Your lawyer can also handle messages from the opposing party and provide approved statements on your behalf, which avoids jeopardizing your case. If an opportunity to negotiate a settlement deal before or during trial arises, your lawyer can attend these meetings.
- Legal counsel: Many clients get anxious about their case, especially during gaps of no communication. Our team is available to provide guidance on the litigation process and counsel on what steps to take for your case. Feel free to reach out as our client whenever you have questions or concerns.
What Kind of Damages Can You Potentially Win in a Personal Injury Case?
The damages you can recover will vary in each personal injury case. Whether you’re pursuing compensation because you broke your leg in an auto accident or you need to repair your property after an accident, our lawyers aim to fight for compensation that fairly covers your damages. The following types of damages may be available to claim for compensation in personal injury cases:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Current and future loss of wages and benefits
- Current and future pain and suffering, which can be physical or emotional (e.g., chronic pain vs. psychological trauma)
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
- Reduced quality of life
- Permanent disability, including vision and hearing loss
- Physical disfigurement, including amputation, scarring, and burn markings
Our team may suggest other damages not listed above. Remember that while there might be an array of damages to pursue, your time remains limited for you to file your case. The statute of limitations, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11, gives you four years from the date of the accident or injury to file your claim.
Our Personal Injury Team Works on a Contingency Fee Basis
Some people are hesitant to hire a lawyer because they’re worried about the attorney’s hourly rates. However, the personal injury attorneys at GED Lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. We won’t charge fees unless we win your case.
This fee agreement allows clients to hire lawyers on the contingent agreement that the lawyers will postpone their attorney fees until their client’s case settles. This means:
- Our team does not charge hourly rates. Instead, we take a percentage of your compensation award to cover the costs of our legal services.
- You don’t have to worry about surprise fees, as we will be transparent about our services throughout your case.
- Because we only charge our fees if we win your case, we have an incentive to build a comprehensive claim for you so that we both get awards.
Call GED Lawyers Today for a Free Personal Injury Case Review
Whether you were involved in a car accident or were injured because of a defective product, the attorneys at GED Lawyers are prepared to take on your personal injury case. If you or a loved one suffered an injury in a preventable accident in Florida, our team wants to listen to your case.
Call now to get a free case evaluation from one of our team members. We can explain what to expect when you decide to file a claim. Contact us today to find out how a Rehoboth personal injury lawyer from our team can help you.