Jackknife accidents can occur for various causes, from poor weather conditions to machinery malfunctions. Regardless of how your accident happened, you’re likely facing costly medical expenses, severe pain, and missed paychecks. You shouldn’t be responsible for these costs when you didn’t cause your accident. Fortunately, our Florida jackknife accident lawyer can fight for the financial compensation you deserve.
You may be able to file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit to recover compensation. Our Florida truck accident attorney will manage your case from start to finish, giving you time to rest and recover. When you’re ready to begin your case, contact Ged Lawyers for a free initial consultation.
What Damages Can Our Truck Accident Lawyers Seek for Florida Crash Victims?
In Florida, you can recover several economic and non-economic damages. When our legal team manages your case, we aim to recover compensation to pay for all your current and future accident-related losses. Some of the types of damages you might recover compensation for include:
- Medical expenses: Any costs you incurred because of the jackknife collision may be recoverable. You can demand payment for your hospital bills, emergency transport, prescription medications, medical imaging, and doctor’s appointments.
- Physical pain and suffering: Any injury you sustain may leave you in significant pain. Though compensation can’t ease your discomfort, it can help ensure you’re financially stable until you recover.
- Lost income: If you’re facing a spinal cord injury, broken bones, or a traumatic brain injury (TBI), you probably won’t be able to work for a while. Any income you lost because of your accident is recoverable.
- Reduced earning capacity: Some accident victims never return to their pre-accident jobs. If this applies to your case, we can seek compensation to make up for the reduction in your earning ability.
- Mental anguish: Many accident victims suffer from accident-related anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Our truck accident lawyers will also assess your case to determine if you qualify for other recoverable damages.
Wrongful Death Damages After a Commercial Truck Jackknife Accident in Florida
The team at Ged Lawyers extends our condolences for the loss of someone you love. We aim to hold the party who caused your loved one’s death accountable by seeking wrongful death damages.
Our Florida wrongful death lawyer seeks compensation for:
- Funeral expenses
- Mental anguish
- Loss of support and services
- Medical expenses
- Loss of your loved one’s income
- Loss of parental guidance
Our Florida Jackknife Accident Attorney Will Manage All the Legal Details of Your Case
When you bring your case to our jackknife truck accident team, we’re prepared to navigate the legal process for you. You’ll be able to prioritize healing and recovery while we take on the following tasks:
- Determining the amount of financial compensation you deserve
- Assigning a value to your non-economic damages
- Proving the at-fault party’s liability
- Explaining your legal options
- Being accessible and answering all your legal questions
- Gathering evidence to prove how your accident happened
- Ensuring you’re aware of the laws that apply to jackknife accident cases, such as the statute of limitations, Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(a)
- Completing any necessary paperwork to keep your claim or lawsuit moving through the legal process
- Negotiating for the settlement you deserve
- Communicating with the liable party and their insurance company
We’ll also update you about any progress in your personal injury claim. If any decisions are to be made, we’ll ensure you’re aware of your options.
Reviews for Our Firm Serving Florida Jackknife Accident Victims
Deciding to hire a law firm may feel overwhelming. Before making your decision, consider what our former clients say after working with the team at Ged Lawyers:
- “I want thank Maria Colon and her amazing team for all their support, time and help that they’ve done for me. Highly recommend them.” – Cathy
- “Excellent intake and discussion about the process.” – John
- “Knowledgeable, great communication, and friendly.” – Gina
We Charge You Nothing Upfront to Manage Your Jackknife Accident Case
Hiring a law firm shouldn’t add to your financial stress. That’s why Ged Lawyers operates on a contingency-fee basis. When you work with us, you pay nothing upfront or out-of-pocket for our legal services.
Instead of paying to hire us, we only take a payment from you once your case is won or settled. We take an agreed-upon percentage of your final settlement as payment for our legal services.
Our team also provides free initial consultations. During your consultation, a member of our team can review the details of your case and offer advice about what to do next.
Another Party’s Negligence May Entitle You to Jackknife Accident Compensation
Our team will work to prove that another party is the reason you suffered a jackknife accident. To do this, we will collect evidence such as surveillance footage, witness statements, and the police report. We may determine that your accident was caused as the result of:
- Truck driver negligence
- Trucking company negligence
- Driver fatigue
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driver error
Our personal injury lawyers can hold any of the following parties accountable for compensating you:
- A truck driver
- The trucking company that employed the driver
- Another passenger vehicle driver
- A truck cargo loader
- A truck maintenance crew
Regardless of how your trucking accident happened, our team is committed to pursuing justice on your behalf.
Contact Ged Lawyers to Get Started on Your Jackknife Truck Accident Case in Florida
You shouldn’t have to face the financial consequences of a jackknife crash you didn’t cause. Ged Lawyers will fight for the compensation you need to remain financially stable. We’ll help you seek a fair settlement for your medical bills, lost income, and more.
To get started on your case, reach out to us right away. A member of our team is prepared to provide you with a free initial consultation.