Mass torts lawyers seek justice for large groups of people. Whether the defendant is a product manufacturer, environmental polluter, or another negligent party, the mass torts lawyers from GED Lawyers can assist you.
We will seek compensation for the damages you and others suffered. With our firm leading your case, you won’t have to spend a moment worrying about the pursuit of justice.
What Is a Mass Tort?
The Legal Information Institute (LII) defines a mass tort as an “act or omission that harms or injures numerous people.” This definition covers a wide variety of failures, and the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) lists some prominent mass tort cases, including:
- The collapse of a walkway at a hotel that resulted in more than 100 deaths
- The use of Agent Orange, a defoliant that exposed many U.S. service members to health problems like cancer
- The Dalkon Shield, an intrauterine contraceptive device (IUD) that proved defective
Some more recent examples of mass tort litigation involve toxic Roundup weed killer, Juul nicotine vapes, and heartburn medication Zantac, each of which have proven dangerous in their own ways. Mass torts are also evolving with the unique times we live in, as the Federal Big Tech Tort Act seeks to hold social media companies liable when users suffer mental or physical harm related to using social platforms.
These are specific examples of larger failures that can lead to mass torts, like producing dangerous products, poor construction, and environmental pollution that leads to widespread health problems. If a person or institution acts negligently and causes harm to many people as a result, then a mass tort may be necessary.
What Kinds of Recoverable Damages Might a Mass Tort Involve?
Recoverable damages vary between each mass tort litigation. These cases may generally involve:
- Medical expenses: You’ll find many mass tort cases that involve serious bodily harm—including but not limited to cancer and other serious illnesses. Plaintiffs in these cases may seek coverage for all medical care resulting from the defendant’s negligence.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering is not only a damage you’ll find in many mass tort cases, but personal injury and wrongful death cases more generally. Those who deal with illness and injuries generally experience pain and suffering, which is why this loss is so common to mass torts.
- Wrongful death: When a defendant’s negligence causes sudden or drawn-out death to several people, surviving loved ones may seek justice through a mass tort. Contact a wrongful death lawyer in Boca Raton for a free consultation.
Your mass tort could involve other types of damages. A mass torts lawyer from GED Lawyers will identify the damages you’ve suffered and start or locate a mass tort that suits those damages.
Who Might Hire a Mass Torts Attorney from GED Lawyers?
You might hire a mass torts attorney from our team if you’ve suffered injury, illness, or lost a loved one in circumstances similar to other plaintiffs. Our team will evaluate your case to determine if a mass tort is an appropriate form of legal action for you, considering:
- What types of damages you’ve suffered
- How those damages arose
- Whether there are currently mass torts reflecting your damages and the circumstances in which those damages occurred
- Whether you are eligible to join any such mass torts
Mass torts are similar to class action lawsuits and multidistrict litigation. Our firm can explain the differences if you’re interested.
Kinds of Mass Torts We Handle
As a firm representing plaintiffs in mass torts, we keep an eye on the latest developments in this field of law. We see (and handle) many types of mass tort cases, including but not limited to:
- Environmental pollution
- Dangerous and defective consumer products (and failure to warn consumers about those defects)
- Dangerous and defective vehicles and vehicle components
- Faulty construction
- Natural disasters worsened by negligence
- Defective medical devices
Different types of mass torts emerge all the time, and GED Lawyers represents those deserving justice. We will consider your circumstances and determine if we handle your case type.
How GED Lawyers Helps Clients Involved in Mass Torts
Our firm can facilitate the mass tort process for you. Once you enroll in a mass tort, you can resume your daily responsibilities. We’ll oversee the remainder of the legal process, including:
- Collection of evidence: Though the types of evidence required for mass torts may not be comparable to evidence in individual lawsuits, we’ll gather documents, testimony, and other evidence relevant to your case. We may need to prove the defendant put plaintiffs like you in harm’s way, and we’ll obtain any evidence supporting this case.
- Settlement negotiations: Defendants in mass tort cases may face a substantial financial loss. Those defendants may be motivated to settle rather than risking a substantial verdict against them at trial. We will explore settlements in your case, seeking a recovery that compensates plaintiffs fairly.
- Trial (if necessary): A trial could be necessary in your mass tort case. GED Lawyers are comfortable in the courtroom, and we’ll handle the trial process if it becomes a step in your case.
Our team will also handle the day-to-day details of your mass tort. We will gather any information we need from you, keep you updated about your case’s progress, and ensure the legal process moves forward.
Why Choose GED Lawyers as Your Law Firm?
Our clients choose us for several reasons, and we’ll let them explain:
- “I highly recommend GED Lawyers to everyone reading this review and looking for a lawyer. We can’t praise them enough nor can we ever thank them enough for all their hard work and dedication to our case. The entire team at GED Lawyers was helpful, hard working and thorough” – Chris Robinson, former client
- “Very efficient group. Recovered above expectations given the fact they mostly were cleaning up behind another group. Definitely moving forward with them for future needs!” – Philip Renfroe, former client
Client service is our top priority, and you can expect to be represented with dignity and attention throughout the mass torts process.
Call GED Lawyers Today for a FREE Consultation About Your Mass Tort
Hiring a mass torts attorney from our firm starts with a single phone call. We offer free consultations, which allow you to ask questions and learn more about our firm. Don’t wait to call, as there may be a window for enrolling in a mass tort.
Call GED Lawyers today for your FREE consultation.