A truck accident can be devastating and even deadly. It can leave a victim with terrible injuries and costly medical bills or leave a family without a loved one and in distress. You may be in such a situation. If so, you can pursue compensation, and our firm can help.
We can evaluate your case for you and then either negotiate a settlement with the other party or litigate your case with a court. With decades of experience in personal injury law, our lawyers know how to handle a case like yours, even if it involves loss of life. During a free consultation, we’ll tell you more about how a Rehoboth truck accident lawyer will help.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Pursue in My Rehoboth Truck Accident Case?
Depending on what happened in your case, you may be able to recover a number of damages with a personal injury claim, including financial and non-financial damages. Your financial damages can be any losses you have bills for, while your non-financial damages can be intangible losses you may not be able to valuate on your own.
A personal injury lawyer from our firm can valuate your non-financial damages for you and then list all of your damages for your claim. Your list of damages may include:
- Your pain, suffering, and mental anguish
- Your expenses for emergency medical care, a doctor’s medical treatment, and rehabilitation (like physical therapy)
- The cost of your damaged or destroyed property, like your vehicle
- The wages you aren’t able to earn during your recovery
- The costs of household services you can’t provide, such as childcare
- The costs involved in managing a long-term or permanent disability
- Diminished earning capacity, if applicable
- Loss of quality of life as a result of your injuries/disability
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one in a truck accident, we’re very sorry for your loss and for what you and your family must be going through right now. To hold the responsible party accountable and recover some recompense for certain losses, you may want to file a wrongful death lawsuit instead of a claim.
With your legal action, you could recover funeral costs, the costs of unresolved medical bills, and non-financial costs such as loss of consortium and loss of family support.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Rehoboth, call (844) 443-3529
How Can a Rehoboth Truck Accident Lawyer Help?
With a truck accident lawyer from our firm on your team, you won’t have to worry about your case at all. Your lawyer will worry about your case for you while you focus on recovering from your accident and taking care of family matters.
You can expect your lawyer to take over your entire case and:
- File your legal action for you: This could be a lawsuit or a claim, including a Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance claim.
- Gather evidence for your case: This evidence could include traffic camera footage, footage from the truck dash cam, your medical bills, the police report, and additional evidence
- Gather corroborating evidence: This kind of evidence confirms existing evidence in a case and can include testimonies from accident reconstructionists and even scientists
- Establish the truck driver’s fault in your case: This requires showing how the party was negligent, which can be a complex legal process
- Valuate your non-financial damages: This can be complicated, since your lawyer will have to attribute values to intangible damages
- Negotiate a settlement: Your lawyer will communicate with the other party’s insurance company on your behalf and work out a settlement with them
- Sue the other party: If the insurer isn’t cooperative, your lawyer won’t hesitate to sue the other party and take them to court
Expediting Your Case
Managing your case on your own may be very difficult and take some time. However, one of our firm’s truck accident lawyers in Rehoboth may be able to develop your case more quickly. This could benefit your case, especially if you want to file a lawsuit against the other party or if you want to keep the option of a lawsuit open. A lawsuit may be or eventually become your best option.
There are filing deadlines for lawsuits in Massachusetts, so you and your lawyer will have to meet the deadline for your particular kind of suit. The deadline for a personal injury suit is three years from the date of an accident, per Mass. Gen. Laws Ch. 260 § 2A. The deadline for a wrongful death suit is three years from the date of the deceased person’s loss of life, per Mass. Gen. Laws Ch. 229 § 2.
Rehoboth Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (844) 443-3529
About Our Rehoboth Truck Accident Attorneys
Since 1995, our firm has been providing legal services for people like you. We represent victims of truck accidents, the family members of wrongful death victims, and others with personal injury cases. To help us represent our clients, we regularly hire experts, like reconstructionists and medical experts, to provide supporting evidence and corroborating testimonies.
One of our personal injury attorneys will be able to accommodate you in a number of ways. For one, your attorney can offer a number of fee options, including a contingency fee option. With this option, you won’t pay your attorney unless they recover compensation for you. Also, since our attorneys are multilingual, yours may be able to assist you in Arabic, Creole, Greek, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, or another language.
We’ve been very successful over the years, having recovered many millions for our clients. For instance, we were able to recover $7.13 million for a victim of a commercial trucking accident.
Contact GED Lawyers for a Truck Accident Lawyer in Rehoboth
If your (or your loved one’s) situation is dire and you’d like immediate assistance, we can provide it today. A member of our team is standing by to speak with you. During the discussion, we’ll review your case with you, and if you choose to hire one of our attorneys, you can be sure your attorney will fight for a fair outcome to your case.
Your consultation and case review with us will be free, and your attorney can work for you on contingency. You have nothing to lose, so call GED Lawyers today.