Hit-and-run accidents are tragic, especially because when a third party chooses to flee the scene of an accident, they are delaying medical help to anyone injured and jeopardizing their health.
If you were the victim of a hit-and-run accident, remember you have legal options. You could still receive financial compensation with the help of a Boca Raton personal injury lawyer. For example, if you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, this could help cover your damages. A Boca Raton hit and run accident lawyer from GED Lawyers can help you learn more about your options.
Hiring a Boca Raton Lawyer Can Help
Many victims or family members of victims in hit-and-run accidents choose to hire a lawyer before pursuing legal justice. There are several reasons why hiring a Boca Raton car accident lawyer could make sense. Some potential benefits of having a legal team represent you in your case include:
- Lawyers can answer questions you have about the claim process, so you understand every step of your legal journey
- A team of legal professionals can ensure you meet any important deadlines to keep your case moving through the system
- Having a lawyer by your side can give you a support system you might need following your accident
- Legal teams can help you learn more about compensation you could receive, allowing you to plan for your future
- Proving another party is guilty in hit-and-run accidents can be difficult, but the help of a legal team can add strength to your case by putting the facts together in an organized fashion
- Much more
Your Legal Fees Could Be Waived
While it is clear there are many benefits to hiring a lawyer, one concern many hit-and-run accident victims have is legal fees. During an already challenging time, it is understandable you could be worried about legal bills that can accumulate quickly.
However, with our firm, legal fees are waived unless you win your case. Additionally, if you are charged fees, they would come from your settlement or court award, not your bank account. So, you never pay anything out of pocket.
If you think a lawyer can help you win, do not let the concern of legal fees get in your way of justice and compensation.
At GED lawyers, we take pride in our case results in several seven-figure settlements across a wide range of practice areas. Additionally, we are dedicated to every client and committed to using our resources among our lawyers to get the case results you deserve.
If a strong team with a long history of winning is important to you, our team at GED Lawyers could be the Boca Raton hit and run accident lawyer you are looking for.
Compensation You Could Recover in Your Palm Beach County Case
Victims of hit-and-run accidents could qualify for various types of financial compensation. This could include one or more of the following:
- Compensation for damage to your personal vehicle
- Damages for the emotional trauma of your accident, including compensation if your quality of life was impacted
- Compensation is sometimes available if you have dependents whose lives were affected
- Compensation for lost wages if your accident resulted in a change to your employment
- Compensation for diminished earning capacity
- Reimbursement for medical expenses, including prescription medications, ongoing therapy, doctor office fees, surgeries, and more
- Compensation for wrongful death damages, including funeral and burial expenses, loss of financial support, loss of companionship, and more
- Much more
How an Accident Can Change Your Life
Compensation is awarded in hit-and-run accidents to account for your unfair suffering. Nothing can make up for your injuries and suffering, but compensation can at least help. The more severe of an impact your accident had on your life, the greater the amount of compensation potentially available.
Some common forms of suffering include mental and emotional effects like anxiety, sleeplessness, depression, and more. Additionally, you could be suffering from physical injuries and feeling the effects of a hit-and-run accident financially.
The suddenness of a hit-and-run accident along with your losses can create a lot of uncertainty. It is important to remember you have legal options. Our team can help you learn more today.
Common Causes of Hit-and-Run Accidents
Hit-and-run accidents, like other types of motor vehicle accidents, can occur for a variety of reasons, including:
- Drunk driving
- Reckless driving
- Driving while distracted
- Mechanical failures
- Poor weather or visibility
- Running a stop sign or red light
- Much more
While the initial cause of a hit-and-run accident can be similar to other accidents, what makes hit-and-run accidents unique is an involved party decided to flee the scene. Generally, this choice could be made from panic, but could also result from a guilty party trying to evade liability.
It is illegal and morally wrong to leave the scene of an accident while jeopardizing the health and safety of others involved. Victims like you deserve justice. In some cases, the driver is identified, which may make collecting compensation easier.
How Long Do I Have to File?
In Florida, victims of hit-and-run accidents have four years to file a lawsuit based on the statute of limitations (Florida Statutes § 95.11). Four years can seem like a long time, but with everything else going on in your life after an accident, it is easy to let the days slip away. Take action as soon as you can to ensure you still file within your allotted window.
Contact GED Lawyers Today For a Free Consultation
A hit-and-run accident can upend your life. Victims like you deserve compensation for the losses you experienced due to the careless and selfish acts of others. The attorneys at GED Lawyers can help you learn more about what you can do next. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation.