A car accident in Middleton can leave you reeling with mixed emotions, including fear and anxiety. If the driver who caused the accident flees the scene, your stress will likely increase. However, you could have compensation options you are unaware of. Let a Middleton hit and run accident lawyer from our team explain how you can seek compensation to cover your post-accident expenses.
At GED Lawyers, we will help you uncover the identity of the at-fault driver whenever possible. We will also help you seek immediate compensation via your insurance policy’s personal injury protection (PIP) and/or uninsured motorist coverage. We will review your hit and run accident at no cost and explain your available avenues of financial recovery.
How Can I Get Compensation if the At-Fault Driver Fled the Scene?
According to Mass.gov, all registered drivers in Massachusetts must carry personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. PIP should cover most of your medical expenses.
Bring us a complete copy of your auto insurance policy. We will review your policy and explain how you can tap into uninsured motorist coverage if your policy includes this option.
You do not have to handle the process or wade through the complexities of your policy alone. We provide personal injury representation in Middleton, MA and will fight to recover the compensation you need and deserve.
What Types of Compensation Can I Recover After a Hit and Run Accident in Middleton?
Any car accident can leave you with various financial expenses and losses. Our goal is to obtain the best possible compensation package for you. If that means negotiating with your insurer, we will. The compensation we request on your behalf may include economic, non-economic, and wrongful death damages.
What Are Economic Damages?
These are tangible losses that are easy to substantiate and calculate. They usually come with receipts, bills, estimates, or invoices. Recoverable economic damages can include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Property loss
Our legal team will collect and asses the documents that prove their financial value for you.
What Are Non-Economic Damages?
Non-economic damages are intangible and can be hard to prove on your own, since they do not have documentation similar to economic damages. They may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Disability or disfigurement
Our case assessment team will explain how we accurately calculate and documents their value.
What Are Wrongful Death Damages?
- Funeral and burial costs
- Medical bills
- Loss of their financial and domestic contributions to your family
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium, companionship, and guidance
How Much Time Do I Have to File a Lawsuit?
Recovering damages after a car accident has a time limit. If you file a lawsuit, it must comply with Massachusetts’ personal injury or wrongful death statute of limitations.
- According to Mass. Gen. Laws Ch. 260 § 2A, you generally have three years to file a personal injury lawsuit. The statutory clock starts running on the date the accident occurs.
- Per Mass. Gen. Laws Ch. 229 § 2, you generally have just two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit. The statutory clock starts running on the date of your loved one’s death.
While mandatory, the statute of limitations is also complex. The best way to ensure you file your case on time is to let us handle it for you.
Do I Really Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in Middleton?
When you trust a Middleton hit and run accident lawyer to represent you after a crash, you reap the following benefits:
- We’ll review your case at no cost or obligation and explain its details and merits
- We’ll deal with your insurer, so you do not have to
- We’ll bring familiarity with state law to your case
- We’ll streamline the recovery process, whenever possible
At GED Lawyers, we work hard to take the stress and anxiety out of the post-accident experience. While we focus on your fight for financial compensation, you can focus on your physical and emotional recovery.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Hit and Run Accident Attorney?
It costs nothing upfront or out of your pocket to put our law firm to work for you. We work on a contingency-fee basis and will cover the initial costs of:
- Investigating your accident
- Collecting evidence
- Preparing any court filings
- Hiring expert consultants
You will compensate us only after we win compensation for you, whether through a settlement or a verdict. If we do not resolve your case with a financial award, you will not owe us any fees.
What Do Previous Clients Say About GED Lawyers?
Our law firm is passionate about fighting for injured clients. Our history of five-star client reviews includes the following:
- Lydia Armand: “Loved working with everyone at GED Lawyers… they did great with negotiating my settlement… If anything is to happen to you, I would definitely call the police first then make sure you give GED Lawyers a call… They will help you through [the] entire process!”
- Jessica Dellinger: “I loved working with this group. The entire group is amazing from the lawyers to the office staff! Michelle helped A LOT throughout my auto settlement! She was amazing and very attentive to all my questions and concerns during the process! I would definitely recommend this group!!”
You never have to fight for compensation on your own. Learn more about our law firm and the results we achieved for previous clients by visiting our case results page.
Contact Our Case Review Team Today
A Middleton hit and run accident lawyer can help you explore your options for financial compensation. Find out how hard GED Lawyers will fight for the compensation you need and deserve.
If you or someone you love was injured by a driver who left the scene without accepting responsibility, contact our case review team.