In 1995, GED Lawyers opened with one goal: to serve injured people. We’re proud to say that after recovering more than $50 million in compensation, we’ve done just that. Now, we’re continuing to advocate for our friends and neighbors in Broward County.
Did you or a loved one suffer injuries due to another party’s negligence? If so, you’re well within your rights to partner with a Lighthouse Point personal injury lawyer from our team. We can recover the cost of your medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering. What’s more, we offer free case reviews where you can explore your options in further detail.
What Kinds of Cases Do Our Personal Injury Lawyers Handle?
We’re ready to seek compensation for your losses if you suffered:
- A traffic accident. We advocate for injured claimants who suffer collisions with trucks, buses, trains, motorcycles, and cars. We also support injured pedestrians and bicyclists.
- An incident with a dangerous or defective product. Despite their obligations, not all product manufacturers release items that are safe. These can include cars, car seats, and medications.
- Medical malpractice. Every healthcare professional must render the best possible care. Overmedicating a patient, making an error during surgery, or misdiagnosing a condition could constitute medical malpractice.
- A premises liability incident, such as a slip and fall. All property owners must keep their premises safe for lawful guests. That includes mopping up spills, sealing off dangerous areas, and posting warning signs.
Our lawyers in Lighthouse Point also serve families who have lost loved ones. If another party’s negligence caused your losses, we’re ready to advocate for what you need.
Why Should I Hire a Lighthouse Point Personal Injury Lawyer?
Matters can quickly get complicated if you represent yourself. You could spend hours researching your options, only to get more confused. You could find yourself confident about your case’s outcome one minute and then completely uncertain the next. While dealing with serious injuries, you shouldn’t have to deal with these worries. Instead, you deserve an advocate from GED Lawyers.
- Identify all of your damages: Your lawyer will evaluate your situation from many angles to determine what damages you’re owed. They can include medical bills and lost income in your claim––just to name a few recoverable losses.
- Calculate your non-economic damages: Your lawyer will use receipts and invoices to learn the value of your economic damages. They will assess your condition’s severity to arrive at a figure for your pain and suffering.
- Identify the at-fault and liable parties. Imagine you suffered injuries in a truck accident. The at-fault party is the entity that caused your accident, like the trucker. The liable party pays for your losses, and it’s typically an insurance company.
- File your claim. Filing a claim is more than requesting damages. You need proof, an understanding of the liable policy, and patience. Your lawyer can investigate your case, review the insurance policy, and tirelessly advocate for what you need.
- Negotiate with the insurer. Your lawyer can negotiate with the claims adjuster if the insurer doesn’t offer a fair settlement. This may involve presenting additional forms of evidence and protecting you from bad faith insurance practices.
- Sue for damages: If necessary, your lawyer will sue the at-fault party. This requires taking your case to trial and arguing before a judge. Sometimes, after we file a lawsuit, the insurer comes around and offers fair compensation.
With a lawyer on your side, you don’t have to learn the law or frustrate yourself. Instead, you can spend time with your family and focus on healing. In the meantime, GED Lawyers will fight for the settlement you need.
Compensable Losses in Your Deerfield Beach Personal Injury Case
Financial recovery should account for your past, present, and future injury-related losses, including those without concrete dollar values. A lawyer from our firm can pursue:
- Medical bills, including medications and hospitalization
- Lost income, tips, bonuses, commissions, and contracts
- Diminished earning capacity
- Car repair or replacement costs (if applicable)
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of consortium
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Wrongful death-related expenses, such as funeral costs
We can also seek financial recovery for anything you spent out of pocket on childcare costs, temporary transportation arrangements, and rehabilitative care.
Notable Personal Injury Case Results
By offering client-centered care, we’re confident in our ability to recover compensation for your losses. Just look at the results we’ve secured for others in situations like yours:
- Our client suffered serious injuries after a commercial truck collided with their car. We brought their case to trial, and the judge and jury awarded $7.13 million.
- Our client came to us after suffering burns in a gas explosion. Through negotiations, we settled their case for $6.5 million.
- Our client was riding on his scooter when a vehicle crashed into him. He required a lengthy recovery period. A jury awarded him $4.5 million.
The outcome of your case depends on many factors, including the strength of the evidence we gather. We intend to build the strongest case possible and uphold your right to damages.
You Have a Limited Time to Seek Damages in Lighthouse Point
Recently, Florida changed its laws regarding personal injury lawsuits. Before, you had two years to file your lawsuit. Now, you only have two years, per Florida Statutes § 95.11. The same two-year period applies to wrongful death lawsuits.
Your Lighthouse Point accident lawyer can meet your case’s filing deadline. By promptly hiring our team, you’ll give them more time to prepare and file your case.
Connect With a Lighthouse Point Personal Injury Attorney
If you or a family member suffered an accident, one of our attorneys can pursue compensation through a claim or lawsuit. Your Lighthouse Point accident attorney will leverage our firm’s decades of experience when managing your case. Remember: you don’t pay anything upfront or out of pocket to partner with us, so there’s no financial risk in reaching out to our firm.