Personal injuries in Sarasota, Florida, come in many forms. While some may be intentional and others accidental, both hold the potential to leave innocent victims with life-changing injuries and enormous financial losses. Personal injuries can be caused by motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, medical malpractice, nursing home neglect, and other accidents.
Our Sarasota personal injury lawyer could help you recoup expenses for medical bills, property repair or replacement costs, and other losses through a personal injury claim. We will investigate your accident, gather evidence, and build a convincing case to help secure compensation from liable insurance companies.
How Our Sarasota Personal Injury Attorneys Can Serve Your PI Claim
If a personal injury has left you with mounting medical bills and income loss due to recovery, do not expect the at-fault party or their insurance company to play fair. They might not just hand you the compensation to cover your losses.
Those at-fault are driven by the need to protect their bottom line. They could shift blame to you or try to close the claim with as little payout they can get away with. Our personal injury lawyers can present your claim to the insurer or court. We can serve as your advocate and representative for a fair settlement. Here are some of the services we offer:
- Handling claim-related paperwork and correspondence with all parties involved
- Conducting an in-depth investigation of your case
- Collecting evidence and witness statements
- Identifying all at-fault parties
- Identifying compensable damages and assigning a value to your case
- Negotiating with the insurance company for a fair settlement
- Representing you in court to win fair compensation if the insurer does not agree to a fair settlement out-of-court
Our attorney and legal counsel are equipped to handle every element of a personal injury claim. You will be kept updated on the progress at every step. Should you have questions, we will be there with legal guidance.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Sarasota, call (844) 443-3529
What Constitutes a Personal Injury in Sarasota, Florida?
Personal injuries come in various forms, but they are often rooted in the premise of negligence. Everyone is expected to conduct themselves reasonably, so they do not put others in danger. For example, when driving to work, you’re expected to follow traffic laws and keep your full attention on the road, so other motorists aren’t at risk of a collision:
Negligence occurs when an individual or a business engages in an act of recklessness or wrongful act that results in another person getting hurt or killed. The person who acted negligently can bear fault for the injuries they caused. Some examples of personal injuries cases include:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Drivers or passengers can get hurt in collisions due to the negligent actions of other vehicle drivers.
- Medical malpractice: When a physician or another medical health professional or hospital fails to provide a high standard of care to their patients, it can result in patients sustaining harm.
- Product liability: When a defective or recalled consumer product results in someone’s injuries or death.
- Work-related accident: Factors such as unsafe work conditions and inadequate or improper training can cause injuries to workers.
Many other incidents can also cause individuals to suffer physical, emotional, and mental injuries. If you think you have a personal injury case, consider contacting GED, LLP to consult with our team. We will be able to discuss your accident to verify if you have the legal grounds to pursue a personal injury claim.
Sarasota Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (844) 443-3529
Our Personal Injury Attorney in Sarasota Can Help Secure These Damages
Damages refer to the range of harm you have sustained in the accident. Some of the losses you might collect compensation for include:
- Past, current, and future medical care bills
- Lost income from when you took time off from work for medical appointments, therapy, or recovery
- Loss of earning potential if your injuries forced you to take a low-paying job or have left you disabled
- Permanent disfigurement
- Property damage
- Out-of-pocket expenses related to your injuries
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Diminished quality of life
If you suffered personal injuries from an individual or entity’s careless actions, you might have to undergo medical treatments, seek therapy, and take time off from work to recover.
The court may award you punitive damages. This aims to punish the defendant for intentional malicious acts and deter similar offenses in the future. The Florida court caps punitive damages to three times the compensatory damages up to $500,000.
File a Sarasota Personal Injury Lawsuit Before Deadline
The statute of limitations defines a time frame for an individual to pursue legal action. Suppose your personal injury case is based on negligence in Florida. In that case, you generally have four years to initiate a lawsuit against the liable party to obtain compensation, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). The clock starts ticking from the date of the accident.
Some exceptions exist that may modify the time limit. Our attorney will be able to explain the statute of limitation further as it pertains to your case.
Once the deadline expires, you will be barred from pursuing legal action against the defendant for your personal injuries. So, taking action as soon as possible after the injury is critical. This way, we have enough time to develop a solid claim with a broader range of evidence and testimonies, some of which may otherwise disintegrate with time.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Speak With Your Sarasota Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one would like to discuss your legal options for securing fair compensation, we urge you to contact the GED Lawyers team. During a free, no-obligation consultation, our professionals will listen to your case, determine if it has potential, and explain how we can help you acquire a fair settlement for your losses.
Our Sarasota personal injury attorney will oversee the whole claims process, so you have more time to focus on recovery. Through negotiation tactics, we may secure a favorable outcome from the liable insurance company.