Truck accidents can cause severe, or even fatal, injuries. If you were hurt in an accident, your injuries may prevent you from working. You and your family should not have to pay for your medical bills when another party caused your accident. Luckily, you have options for financial relief.
A Delray Beach truck accident lawyer from our firm can pursue compensation for you. With over 28 years of experience managing cases like yours, we can take your case on and seek justice from the liable party. You deserve to take the time you need to recover while we manage your case.
What Kind of Compensation Can You Get for a Truck Accident in Delray Beach?
In Delray Beach, Florida, anyone injured in an accident may be able to get compensation through their own insurance provider and/or the liable party’s insurer. The injured person can also get compensation by suing the liable party directly.
While you can take action against the truck driver or the trucking company on your own, it may be difficult. Insurance companies do not always pay out on claims, and the legal process can become complicated.
A lawyer from GED Lawyers can assess your case to determine your recoverable damages. You may be able to recover compensation for your economic and non-economic losses. Truck accident victims can typically recover damages such as:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Lost income
- Lost income-earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Lost life enjoyment
- Reduced quality of life
- Mental suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Wrongful death damages if a loved one lost their life in the accident
About Our Delray Beach Truck Accident Lawyers
For over 28 years, our lawyers have been resolving personal injury cases like yours. Many of these cases have been commercial truck accident cases, including one that we resolved for $7.13 million. The compensation you may recover depends on the details of your case.
When you hire GED Lawyers, you can expect:
- Responsive communication
- Answers to all your questions
- Knowledgeable advice
- A results-driven mindset
- Multi-lingual assistance
After working with us, former clients say:
- “Excellent intake and discussion about the process.” – John G Caterham
- “Knowledgeable, great communication, and friendly.” – Gina Rafferty
- “I want thank Maria Colon and her amazing team for all their support, time and help that they’ve done for me. Highly recommend them.” – Cathy Maldonado
You can count on us to advocate for you throughout your case. We have your best interests in mind as we fight for justice.
What Does Our Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Delray Beach Do for Your Case?
A lawyer from our firm can pursue financial relief for you and relieve you of legal responsibilities. These matters could be distressing for you, considering you also need to focus on recovering from your injuries.
You can expect your lawyer to take on all of these tasks for you:
- Appealing a denied claim: If your initial claim for damages was denied, we can explain your options for appealing the denial.
- Identifying your compensable damages: These could include a number of damages that can be difficult for a claimant to identify by themselves. One of these damages could be loss of consortium, for example. Even emotional trauma can be difficult to identify.
- Valuating your damages: It can be especially difficult to give fair monetary values to non-financial damages, like pain and suffering. Your lawyer will do this for you using a fair valuation method the insurance companies (or a judge) will understand.
- Proving your damages: Your lawyer can collect proof of the losses you suffered, like bills for vehicle repairs and even statements from medical professionals. Your lawyer can even refer you to professionals for proof.
- Identifying the liable party: The party liable for your damages is likely a trucking company. Still, your lawyer will have to determine and prove liability before you can recover compensation. To do these things, your lawyer will need evidence, like data from the truck’s black box and/or footage from a traffic camera.
- Proving the at-fault party’s liability: Your lawyer will show the insurers (or judge) the evidence that proves the liable party’s negligence.
- Negotiating a fair settlement: It could be possible to settle your case quickly and fairly with the insurers. In negotiations with the insurers, your lawyer will request your due damages and, if necessary, threaten to sue for them.
- Suing for a verdict: If it isn’t possible to settle your case, your lawyer will sue the other party directly. Your lawyer can prepare a lawsuit, take it to court, and resolve it with a judge. Your lawyer will demand all of your due damages.
How Much Do Accident Lawyers Charge in Delray Beach?
The accident lawyers from our firm can charge clients on a contingency-fee basis. This means you will not pay our team upfront or out of your own pocket. Instead, we take a percentage of your settlement as payment for our services.
We aim to make our legal services accessible to clients who may be struggling financially in the aftermath of a crash. Our team also offers free consultations. This allows you to speak with a member of our team and ask any questions without being charged.
Contact Us for a Delray Beach Truck Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one suffered a truck accident in Delray Beach, our firm can pursue financial relief for you. Our well-experienced team will not back down in our fight for fair compensation.
To learn more about us, you can consult with us for free. We’ll tell you about our Delray Beach truck accident lawyers and what one of them can do for you. For your free consultation, contact GED Lawyers today.