Accidents can happen because of the careless actions of people or groups. After any injury, you may be eligible to recover compensation. However, this can be difficult to do on your own. You may not always receive a fair settlement that adequately covers your costs from the accident.
You might not know what to do next or who to hold responsible for compensating you. Luckily, a Delray Beach personal injury lawyer from GED Lawyers can assist you with your case. We can explain your legal options and fight for the compensation you deserve.
The Benefits of Working With Our Personal Injury Lawyer in Delray Beach
Personal injury lawyers specialize in helping people pursue compensation in personal injury cases. We understand the legal jargon, the paperwork involved, and how to conduct negotiations on your behalf. An attorney can make getting compensation less complicated for you.
If you choose to work with a personal injury attorney from GED lawyers, we’ll help with your case to take out the confusing elements for you. You can expect our team to:
- Handle all case-related communication for you
- Fill out all the necessary paperwork
- Make sure you’re aware of any deadlines that apply to your case
- Determine which damages you can recover
- Inform you of the laws that apply to your case
What Our Clients Have To Say About Working With GED Lawyers
We have helped many clients with their personal injury cases, and many of them have left us positive reviews. Here’s what just a few of our clients had to say after working with us:
- “…I hired GED Lawyers to take over the claim and things are now starting to advance accordingly, finally I feel we can expect to be treated fairly!!! I’m confident with the guidance GED is providing us and hopefully the insurance company will stop treating us unfairly! Manny was comforting to talk to so we could understand the expectations now that he’s handling our predicament. My wife and I are both relieved having the weight of this lifted off our shoulders.” – Alan L.
Compensation in a Delray Beach Personal Injury Case
Compensation should come from those who were at fault for your accident. If a person or group acted carelessly, their negligence likely contributed to your injuries. Payment from these groups should help with your bills and expenses from the injury.
In many personal injury cases, victims can recover damages such as:
- Medical expenses, such as the cost of doctor’s appointments, medications, and assistive devices
- Lost income if you needed to take time away from work
- Reduced earning capacity if your injuries prevent you from working the same job you once did
- Pain and suffering for the physical discomfort of your injuries
- Mental anguish if you suffer from anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) because of your accident
- Lost enjoyment of life if you can no longer enjoy the same activities you once did
- Property damage if your personal property was damaged or lost in the accident
Every case is different. Once we can review what happened in your personal injury case, we can better predict a realistic compensation amount.
How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
Filing a lawsuit is often not a requirement in personal injury cases. Often, groups can reach settlements without having to take this step. If you need to file a lawsuit, you must do so within specific deadlines. You have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit in Florida per Florida Statutes § 95.11.
Consulting with a qualified attorney early can be useful. It can also ensure that you are aware of the deadlines that apply to your case.
Types of Injuries You Can Seek Compensation for in Personal Injury Cases
All sorts of accidents can lead to serious and even life-threatening injuries. Some injuries will require a long time to heal. Others can lead to permanent disability. You may also experience several injuries from one accident situation. Injuries you sustain could include the following:
- Back or spinal cord injuries
- Head trauma
- Broken bones, sprains, or lacerations
- Damages to internal organs
You may need emergency medical care, but you may also need to follow up with your primary care provider in the long term. Surgery or strength re-training with a physical therapist may also be necessary. Our team can gather evidence to prove you deserve compensation for these injuries.
Essential Steps To Take in a Delray Beach Personal Injury Case
It is essential to remain calm and seek medical assistance when you are hurt in an accident. While specifics can vary, doing the following can help ensure your safety and help your case:
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others: Remove yourself from any immediate danger that could cause further injury.
- Get medical help and evaluation: It’s important to know the extent of your injuries as soon as possible and to get the help you need. Evaluation also helps prove what events caused your injury.
- Document damages: Take photos or videos that show what happened and what property or injuries looked like immediately afterward.
- Exchange contact and insurance information: Make sure you can contact the people or groups involved in the accident, including eyewitnesses who can attest to how your injuries happened.
- Report what happened: Who you report to will vary. For example, if you were hurt at a business or establishment, you may need to tell the owner what happened. You may also need to report it to particular insurance providers.
It can also be wise to seek help from an experienced lawyer who can explain how you can recover compensation. A lawyer from our firm can help you negotiate with those involved to pursue a settlement that pays for your personal injury expenses.
Begin Your Personal Injury Case With a Consultation Today
GED Lawyers is ready to review your personal injury case for free. If you choose to hire our firm, we can start your case immediately. We will seek fair compensation on your behalf and hold the liable party accountable. It all begins by contacting us for your free consultation.