A Sarasota distracted driving accident lawyer with GED Lawyers can help if you suffered injuries in a car wreck caused by driver inattention. Our attorneys can put decades of legal experience behind securing the personal injury compensation you need and deserve.
All your accident-related damages may be compensable. From your medical bills and property damage to your pain and suffering, you should not be financially liable for a crash you didn’t cause. We will work hard to document your losses and prove the liable party’s role in your accident.
How Can Our Attorneys Assist With Your Distracted Driving Accident Case?
Our team has fought for injured Floridians since 1995, so we know the difficulties you face as you work to get back on your feet after a car accident. We want to help you through this challenging time by being your legal advocate and compassionate ally. You focus on healing while we focus on your case. Our Sarasota car accident lawyers can:
- Identify liable parties
- Prove negligence using evidence like witness statements, police reports, and data from the crash site
- Hire and consult with case experts, including doctors, economists, and crash reconstruction specialists
- Establish your financial losses using invoices, pay stubs, bills, and receipts
- Handle meetings, emails, and phone calls with insurers and opposing counsel
- Aggressively negotiate for the most advantageous available settlement
- Represent you at trial if necessary
We Have a Winning Record in Car Accident Cases
Our firm has won multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts for injured clients like you. Our motor vehicle accident case victories include:
- A $7.13 million commercial trucking accident verdict
- A $1.4 million verdict for a car accident case
- A $1 million verdict for a T-bone car collision
- A $500,000 settlement for a motorcycle accident
We Take Cases on a Contingency-Fee Basis
We do not want your current financial situation to be an obstacle when seeking justice. Therefore, we take personal injury cases on a contingency-fee basis, meaning our services cost nothing upfront or out of pocket. We collect attorney fees only when we secure compensation for you.
Recoverable Distracted Driving Car Accident Damages in Sarasota, FL
You must first turn to your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance to pay for medical expenses after an auto accident. However, if you have severe injuries or health care bills that exceed your coverage, you can seek damages from the distracted driver who caused your crash.
In general, our Sarasota distracted driving accident lawyers can pursue compensation for:
- Current medical bills and necessary future treatment, including ambulance transportation, emergency services, surgeries, hospital stays, physical therapy, medical equipment and devices, and extended nursing care
- Lost income if you were not able to go to work
- Lost earning capacity, if you suffered an injury that forces you to change jobs, reduce your hours, or retire from the workforce
- Vehicle repairs or your car’s fair market value if the damages are a total loss
- Non-economic damages, including disabling injuries, scarring, disfigurement, physical pain, mental anguish, emotional distress, inconvenience, and diminished quality of life
- Wrongful death of a loved one, including medical expenses, funeral and burial costs, lost income, and loss of the deceased’s services, support, protection, care, and guidance
Do Not Wait Too Long To Seek Your Losses After a Distracted Driving Accident
You should start on your car accident case as soon as possible. Acting quickly will help preserve evidence and ensure you leave ample time to work through insurance claims and negotiations before the statute of limitations expires.
Failure to meet these deadlines will likely end in the court refusing to hear your case. In addition, if the insurance company knows you can no longer take legal action, it may use it as a reason to deny your claim or reduce your settlement.
Financial Liability for a Distracted Driving Accident in Sarasota
Driving distractions include anything that takes your hands off the wheel, eyes off the road, or mind off safe driving. Examples include other passengers, eating, looking in the mirror, adjusting vehicle controls, and texting and driving (which is illegal under Florida Statutes § 316.305).
Distractions can cause drivers to engage in negligent behavior that ultimately results in a crash. Examples include the following:
- Tailgating or failing to stop behind a lead vehicle (resulting in a rear-end collision)
- Failing to stop at a red light or stop sign
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Traveling into the wrong lane
- Making an improper turn/pulling out in front of oncoming traffic
If you or your loved one suffered injuries on Washington Boulevard, Fruithill Road, or anywhere else in the metro area because of a distracted motorist, our attorneys can fight to hold them financially accountable for their wrongful and reckless actions.
Claims Involving Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists
According to Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), drivers must have a minimum of $10,000 in personal injury protection (PIP) insurance to pay for their medical treatment following an accident, no matter who is at fault for the collision. Drivers must also carry $10,000 in property damage liability (PDL).
Regardless of the law, some drivers do not purchase coverage. The Insurance Information Institute (III) reports that around one in five Florida drivers do not have insurance. In addition, because bodily injury liability (BDL) is not mandated, even drivers who carry the required policies may not have insurance to pay for injuries they cause.
For these reasons, we advise that all drivers purchase uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) protection. If you have this optional coverage, we can seek a claim with your provider if the party liable for your crash does not have the financial resources to pay for your losses.
Contact GED Lawyers Today for Help After a Distracted Driving Car Accident
To learn more about how our Sarasota distracted driving accident lawyers can serve you, contact us today for a free consultation. Don’t wait to seek justice from the party who caused your crash.
A team member is available 24/7 to answer your calls and connect you with an attorney near you. Hablamos Espanol.