If you suffered property damage in Panama City, you may deserve compensation from your insurer. A Panama City property damage lawyer from GED Lawyers will ensure that your insurance company lives up to its policy.
Insurance companies look out for their own interests—not yours. Our team will represent you, reviewing your policy and fighting for the coverage you’re entitled to.
Events That May Warrant a Property Damage Claim
Homeowners insurance most commonly covers property damage claims. There are several events that your homeowner’s policy may cover, including:
- Hurricanes and other natural disasters: Hurricanes are simply part of living in Florida but have the capacity to cause great property damage. If hurricane-related damage has harmed your home or business, you may file a property damage claim. You may also file a claim for damages resulting from tornadoes, tropical storms, and other natural hazards.
- Fire: Fire caused by defective electrical components, faulty appliances, lightning, or other sources may entitle you to coverage. As the Insurance Information Institute (III) notes, homeowners policies cover a wide range of fire-related damages, including those from wildfires.
- Internal water damage: If you have a sewage backup, burst pipe, leak from a hole in your roof, or other hazard that causes water damage, you may get coverage through your homeowner’s policy.
- Loss of valuables through theft: Homeowners policies generally cover the value of items lost to theft, providing that you file the necessary report to document the loss.
Standard homeowners insurance policies cover two broad categories of losses:
- Damage to the physical structure, including the roof, walls, flooring, and built-in components like plumbing, air conditioning, and electrical work
- Damage to valuables inside the structure, including but not limited to appliances, furniture, and electronics
Each insurance policy contains vital details. Our team will review your policy to determine which of your losses entitle you to financial coverage. We’ll also review any coverage limits that could affect your possible compensation.
Covered Losses That You May Get Compensation For
Homeowners in Panama City may pay their insurance premiums regularly, but many policyholders aren’t exactly sure what property coverages their insurer provides. As your attorneys, it will be our job to identify all of your covered losses, possibly including:
- Damaged appliances and electronics: Damaged washer-dryers, refrigerators, air conditioners, televisions, stereo systems, and other valuable appliances and electronics may entitle you to insurance coverage.
- Damage to physical structures other than your home: If your property contains a detached shed, garage, or other structures, then your homeowner’s policy could cover damage to those structures (either partially or completely)
- Damaged furniture: Couches, cabinets, tables, and other furniture may be part of your property damage claim.
- Damage to a building’s core structure: The floor, walls, ceiling, roof, and other internal structures of the home may be costly to repair or replace, and your homeowner’s policy may cover the removal and replacement of such damaged features.
- Damage to internal components of the building: Plumbing, electrical components, insulation, A/C ducts, and other damaged features of the home may also be recoverable through a property damage claim.
You may have other recoverable losses. Our firm will conduct a full investigation into your recoverable losses. We’ll fight for every dollar of coverage that your homeowner’s insurance policy provides.
Prepare yourself: certain losses may not entitle you to coverage. To identify such non-recoverable losses, we’ll review the fine details of your policy.
Why Should I Hire GED Lawyers to Handle My Property Damage Claim in Panama City?
Events that cause property damage can throw a victim’s life into disarray. If you’re dealing with the aftermath of a natural disaster, fire, major leak, or theft, then you may be occupied with cleanup, repairs, various investigations, and other responsibilities.
GED Lawyers will remove one important responsibility from your to-do list: your insurance claim. We’ll handle the insurance process from start to finish and may provide you the compensation you need to cover your losses.
GED Lawyers oversees property damage claims on a regular basis. This familiarity with the insurance process allows our attorneys to handle your claim efficiently. We’ll also ensure that insurers don’t unnecessarily delay your claim, take advantage of you, or pull any other questionable tactics.
Testimonials Explain How We Serve Clients, Including Property Damage Victims
For more reasons to hire GED Lawyers for your claim in Panama City, consider a couple of our client testimonials:
- “Best legal advice and service from GED LAWYERS! To have the right attorney means everything when unfortunate events happen in our lives. They were very attentive and responsive to my case. The end results were so effective. Very pleased!” – Ameer Anders, client
- “I had a great experience working with GED Lawyers. They were great at communicating with me, and I found them very helpful. They were also caring, and they advocated for and represented me very well, producing a positive outcome! Very professional as well, definitely recommend.” – Andrea Echlund, client
We work hard to make our clients’ lives better. Expect compassion, responsive communication, and a tireless fight for compensation when you hire GED Lawyers.
We Address Bad-Faith Insurance Tactics Head On
Our team will handle every step of your property damage claim. We may face various challenges as we work through the claims process, including:
- Delays in the insurance company’s review and processing of your claim
- Inaccurate assessment of your damages
- Unjust denial of your claim, or refusal to compensate specific damages
- Misrepresentation of the facts of your policy
- Claims that you did not adequately document your property before it suffered damage
Our familiarity handling insurance claims gives us a strong idea of what challenges your case could present. Each claim is unique, though, and we must address the challenges specific to your claim. Having our firm handle your case will protect you from the stress and uncertainty of the insurance claims process.
Call GED Lawyers Today to Start Your Property Damage Claim
A Panama City property damage lawyer from GED Lawyers will lead your claim, allowing you to focus on your other responsibilities. We’ll fight for nothing less than a complete financial recovery.
Call GED Lawyers today to complete your free consultation.