Most accidents are as costly to you financially as they are to your health. An unforeseen accident might land you in the hospital, leading to high medical fees. On top of this, you may be unable to work. If you didn’t cause the accident, you should not be responsible for these costs.
If you were in an accident caused by another individual, you could be eligible for financial compensation. In a personal injury case, if someone’s negligent behavior causes harm to another, that person is responsible for paying any medical or property damage fees, among other damages.
Our team serving Margate can explain more about how the legal process works. You may benefit from working with our personal injury lawyer throughout the process.
Why Should Ged Lawyers Be Your Firm of Choice?
At Ged Lawyers, our priority is the health and well-being of our clients. You should be able to spend your time recovering from your injury. By leaving your case to our team, you can visit doctor’s offices, rest, and enjoy time with your family without worrying about the legal process.
Once you hire our firm, you will benefit from our legal service in several ways. You can count on us to:
- File your case for you
- Determine a fair settlement
- Represent you in front of all parties in your case
- Protect your rights
- Investigate your accident and prove liability in your stead
- Provide responsive service and update you on your case whenever necessary
- Treat you and your family with compassion and respect
- Wait until your case is settled to accept payment from you
Decades of experience and millions of dollars awarded in previous cases assure victims that they are working with a firm they can rely on to get the results they require.
Former Clients Leave Us Five-Star Reviews
Our team is proud of the positive client reviews we’ve received. After working with our attorneys serving Margate, former clients say:
- “Michele from GED Lawyers was super easy to work with. She was very adamant about helping me retrieve and provide the proper information to follow through with my claim. This was especially helpful since I was dealing with the overall stress of the situation.” ––R.H.
- “The entire GED Law team is amazing. They are very upfront about your case, where it could lead and disclose every foreseeable step. Nothing is pleasant about a personal injury case, however having good people like Al Johnson and Mark Packo on your side make a huge difference.” ––C.F.
Determining the Value of Your Recoverable Damages in a Personal Injury Case
A successful personal injury settlement reimburses you for all the losses you suffered. You may be able to recover economic and non-economic damages.
The details of your case determine which losses you can recover, but generally, personal injury victims can seek compensation for:
- Medical treatment
- Future medical care costs
- Prescription drugs
- Property damage
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
If you lost a loved one in a personal injury accident, we extend our condolences. Your family may benefit from recovering compensation to pay for expenses associated with their loss. These might include:
- Loss of parental guidance
- Mental anguish endured by surviving family members
- Loss of companionship
- Funeral and burial costs
- Medical expenses
Tallying these damages necessitates a thorough examination of not just your bills, but also your physical and mental state to accurately determine non-economic damages such as pain and suffering. Ged Lawyers will ensure that no damage in your case goes unaccounted for.
What Is the Statute of Limitations on Margate Personal Injury Cases?
You generally have two years to file a personal injury case in Florida, per Florida Statutes § 95.11. Failure to file on time could mean you are no longer eligible to pursue compensation.
Claimants seeking financial relief shouldn’t delay in filing their personal injury lawsuit. If you file with us quickly, we can analyze your case, present evidence more effectively, and gather fresh witness accounts of your accident.
Negligent Parties and How Our Firm Can Assist in Holding Them Accountable
Identifying liable parties in a personal injury case can be simple or difficult depending on your circumstances. Multiple individuals can be responsible for accidents like car wrecks, slips and falls, and premises liability.
Ged Lawyers will gather all relevant information on your behalf to locate and identify all responsible parties in your personal injury case. The liable party in a personal injury case could include:
- Individuals: A driver in a car accident, an employee on an improperly maintained property, or a dog’s owner could hold liability for your personal injury accident. Once we understand how your injury occurred, we can determine who we should hold liable.
- Owners: Business owners, landlords, managers, and those in seats of authority are potentially liable parties in a personal injury lawsuit. These parties are responsible for keeping their area of jurisdiction safe for visitors and customers and are liable to pay damages if they fail to uphold this duty.
- Manufacturers: In a personal injury case, car manufacturers could be responsible for accidents that occur. Faulty automotive parts are a leading source of collisions, and manufacturers can be held liable if any injuries occur because of an accident caused by this catalyst. Manufacturers may also be held primarily responsible in a product liability action.
- City/Municipality: In certain circumstances, the city or government may be held accountable for damages. These include damaged roadways, poorly maintained public spaces, and safety risks in government-owned buildings. These special lawsuits are usually more complicated than normal civil disputes and have their own set of laws and regulations.
Contact Ged Lawyers for Legal Assistance Today
If you reside in Margate and would like to contact a personal injury attorney to help with your case, call Ged Lawyers now. We’re available 24/7, offer free consultations, and will only accept payment if we win your case.