When a natural disaster or other event causes significant property damages, you may be relying on your insurance company to foot the bill. However, insurance companies are known for taking advantage of claimants during their greatest time of need.
If you hope to avoid being taken advantage of, make sure you have a Boca Raton property damage lawyer at GED Lawyers advocating for your best interests. A team member is standing by for your free consultation today so you can learn more about what your next steps should be.
Common Reasons to File a Property Damage Claim in Boca Raton
There are many different reasons you may need to file a property damage claim with your insurance company. Boca Raton may be a fantastic city to live in, but that does not mean it is not without threats.
Some of the more common reasons for filing a property damage claim include:
- Water damage, including mold damage and flood damage
- Damage caused by fires and explosions
- Damage to your roof caused by storms, hurricanes, and falling trees
- Theft and vandalism
- Wind damage caused by powerful thunderstorms, windstorms, and hurricanes
Unfortunately, you may be surprised that the insurance company has denied your claim for benefits and compensation. Insurance companies are known for attempting to reduce their profit loss wherever possible. When the insurance company is giving you the runaround, make sure you have a property damage lawyer in Boca Raton backing you up.
For a free legal consultation with a property damages lawyer serving Boca Raton, call (844) 443-3529
How a Property Damage Lawyer in Boca Raton Could Help You
Your property damage lawyer in Boca Raton can handle all of the legal details of your case. After everything you have been through, dealing with an adversarial insurance company is the furthest thing on your mind.
Your attorney can handle the insurance company’s threats and tactics used to delay the processing of your claim or if they denied your claim entirely. Your lawyer will be responsible for:
- Handling all of the paperwork and documents associated with your case
- Determining how to best approach the insurance company’s denial of your claim
- Negotiating with the insurance company to obtain a fair and reasonable settlement
- Bringing your case to court if the insurance company is unwilling to settle your claim fairly
- Helping you and your family recover the compensation benefits you are entitled to
Boca Raton Property Damages Lawyer Near Me (844) 443-3529
Common Types of Insurance Coverage in Boca Raton
Multiple types of insurance policies could protect you in the event of property damage. Some of the more popular types of insurance coverage our clients have purchased include:
- Renter’s insurance – Renter’s insurance is designed for individuals who rent a property but do not own the premises. Renter’s insurance is designed to compensate individuals for the property inside of their establishment but not necessarily the building itself. For example, if you are a renter and your home was destroyed by a fire, your renter’s insurance policy would cover all of your personal property within the home. However, the home itself would not be. Your landlord would need to file a claim with their homeowner’s insurance company to obtain compensation for the value of the home.
- Property insurance – Property insurance is designed to protect the property, which might include a building and its contents. You will need to go over your property insurance policy details to determine which items are covered.
- Homeowner’s insurance – Homeowner’s insurance is designed for homeowners who need to protect themselves from liability in the event of a national disaster or other event. A homeowner can file a claim with their insurance company when their home or contents within the home are destroyed or damaged in a special event.
- Auto insurance – Auto insurance is required by state law if you are operating a motor vehicle. The vehicle itself is insured and when someone suffers an injury, they can file a claim with their own auto insurance company under Florida no-fault insurance laws. There are several types of auto insurance coverage you should purchase in conjunction with the state minimum requirements. This includes collision, comprehensive, gap insurance, rental car coverage, glass coverage, and your standard property damage and bodily injury liability coverage.
What Does Your Insurance Cover?
One of the top reasons victims of property damage have trouble dealing with the insurance companies is because they do not fully understand what their insurance policy covers. Many people make the mistake of assuming that their insurance policy covers any type of property damage. However, insurance companies may sometimes take advantage of claimants.
Your policy may contain provisions and exclusions and not adequately meet your needs. It is not uncommon for insurance adjusters to claim that you do not have certain types of coverage when you actually do. If you are having difficulty dealing with your insurance company, your attorney can step in and help hold them accountable.
What Is in Your Policy?
You will need to consider your insurance deductible, the maximum amount your insurance policy is designed to cover, and whether there are any exceptions to your policy. For example, you might have water damage insurance coverage, but do you have flood damage protection coverage? These two types of insurance coverage are related but two completely different types of insurance coverage.
Insurance companies purposefully create contracts and policies that may be confusing and often fail to inform you if you do not have the types or amounts of coverage you need to be fully protected. If you are unsure what is covered or not covered by your insurance policy, it may beneficial to review the details of your case with your attorney.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Property Damage Lawyer in Boca Raton for Help
Do not get stuck with the bill for your property damages. Hold the insurance company accountable for their financial obligation when you contact a Boca Raton property damage lawyer at GED Lawyers for help.
Your no-cost, risk-free consultation is simply a phone call away. A team member is standing by to assist you. We can help you secure the compensation you will need to cover your expenses and move forward with your life.