Severe weather can cause significant damage to your home or business, leading to costly repairs and other financial losses. If your property sustained wind damage during a hurricane, tornado, or storm, you may be able to recover compensation with a property damage insurance claim.
A Naples wind damage lawyer with GED Lawyers can assist with every aspect of your claim, from documenting your losses to negotiating a fair settlement. Throughout, we will ensure the insurance company respects your rights and honors their contractual and legal obligations. We can tell you more and help you get started today with a free consultation.
Our Naples Property Damage Attorneys Will Fight for You
Since 1995, GED Lawyers has helped clients in Florida and across the United States recover millions of dollars in compensation for personal injuries and property damages. Our decades of experience have provided us with insight into how insurance companies operate and the tactics they use to reduce or deny settlement payments.
We also understand how stressful the claims process can be on the insured, who already have enough on their plates dealing with their property damages and needed repairs. Fortunately, our Naples attorneys can take your insurance or legal burden off your shoulders. Our team can:
Document Your Wind Damage and Pursue Your Financial Losses
Florida Statutes § 627.712 states that insurance companies must provide Floridians with windstorm coverage as part of their residential property insurance. Our attorneys can review your specific policy and help you understand the terms of your insurance agreement, including your covered losses and the potential value of your settlement.
Our Naples wind damage lawyers can then help you document your property damages and pursue the maximum compensation available under your policy. In general, most homeowners’ coverage includes:
- Structural damage. High wind can damage your home’s roof, walls, windows, doors, and more. Some of these damages can also expose your home to further destruction due to water, mold, and debris. We can help you recover a settlement to pay for cleaning up and repairing your dwelling or other damaged buildings on your insured property, including carports, sheds, garages, and gazebos.
- Building contents. Usually, property insurance covers not only a building but its contents. We can help you secure awards to pay for repairing or replacing damaged electronics, furniture, carpets, appliances, clothing, and other personal belongings and household items.
- Relocation and living expenses. You may need to vacate your home due to wind damage or the construction necessary to fix it. If so, we can seek compensation for your additional living expenses (ALEs), including transportation fees, hotel bills, pet boarding costs, storage fees, and restaurant meals.
- Liability. If another party suffered injuries or property damage on your premises, we can ensure your liability protection pays for their medical expenses and other losses.
If your business or commercial building sustained wind damage, your commercial policy may also include coverage for:
- Interruptions to utilities, such as power, water, or computer and internet services
- Damaged merchandise
- Spoiled stock
- Lost business income
Help You Avoid Potential Problems With Your Claim or the Insurance Company
Insurance is a for-profit business, and insurance companies look for ways to increase their bottom line. One way insurers often do this is by attempting to pay as little in settlements as possible. For example, the insurance company may:
- Claim that wind (or another covered issue) did not cause your damage
- Allege your damage is due to negligence or wrongdoing on your part
- Undervalue your insured belongings
- Undervalue your structural damage
- Refuse to pay for covered losses
- Fail to respond to your claim or remit payment according to the Homeowner Claims Bill of Rights (Florida Statutes § 627.7142)
- Employ bad-faith tactics
Our lawyers will hold the insurance company to its contractual and legal obligations. We will not allow them to mistreat you, unjustly deny your settlement, or lowball your compensation. We will aggressively protect your best interests, build the most robust case possible, and negotiate for the most advantageous available outcome.
Furthermore, if the insurance company denies your claim or refuses to offer adequate payment, we can help you appeal its decision. We can also represent you during free mediation through Florida’s Division of Consumer Services or seek compensation in a civil lawsuit if necessary.
Take Action Before Time Runs Out
Florida Statutes § 627.70132 allows insured property owners up to three years to file an insurance claim for damage caused by windstorms, tornados, hurricanes, and other severe weather events. So, for example, if your home sustained wind damage during Hurricane Ian, you have three years from the date the storm made landfall on Sept. 28, 2022, to pursue a settlement.
For a free legal consultation with a wind damage lawyer serving Florida and Massachusetts, call (561) 995-1966
Why Choose GED Lawyers for Your Wind Damage Claim?
Sorting out wind damage to your home or business can be daunting. You likely have home repairs to deal with, you may need to relocate, and you may also need to sort through and replace your belongings. All of this is enough without adding the stress of filing claims and haggling with insurers. Let us handle the details for you. Our firm can:
- Document and prove your damages using photographs, videos, bills, receipts, and estimates
- Calculate your financial losses
- Communicate with the insurance company and other involved parties on your behalf
- Fight for you during negotiations
- Ensure that the insurance company adheres to deadlines and promptly pays your settlement
- Protect your rights as an insured property owner under Florida law
- Pursue wind damage compensation in civil court if necessary
Additionally, we strive to offer professional, affordable, reliable legal services to every client, no matter their current financial situation. We can represent you for nothing upfront, and our lawyers only collect attorney fees if and when they obtain compensation for you.
Florida and Massachusetts Wind Damage Lawyer Near Me (561) 995-1966
Reach Out to GED Lawyers for Help Today
Contact GED Lawyers today for a free consultation. A team member is available 24/7 to answer your questions and tell you more about how our Naples wind damage lawyers can assist with your property damage claim or lawsuit.
Call or text (561) 995-1966 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form