Being involved in a car accident can leave you feeling overwhelmed and unsure of what to do. When you are trying to recover from your injuries and determine how to handle all the bills associated with the accident, you probably don’t want to add any more tasks to your plate.
Having someone on your side to protect your rights and fight for the compensation you need and deserve is essential. Our Delray Beach car accident lawyer is here to support you throughout your case. Let us handle the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
How Can a Delray Beach Car Accident Lawyer Help You?
The aftermath of an accident can be complex, leaving you with questions and wondering what you should do first. Hiring a personal injury lawyer may be the best use of your resources. We understand how intense the legal aspect of your case can be, which is why we offer free consultations. During this visit, we will:
- Answer any of your questions to the best of our ability
- Give an honest and clear assessment of your case
- Provide legal options on how to move forward
Our Auto Accident Attorney Has Your Best Interests in Mind
When you hire an attorney from our team, you automatically gain strong advocators. You are our priority, and we are dedicated to building a strong case for you. When we work on your case, we have your best interests in mind during each and every interaction. Some of the services we provide include, but are not limited to:
- Investigating your accident. We use our resources to ensure we are collecting all the evidence that can help prove the liable party is responsible for your injuries.
- Evaluating your losses. Recovering lost income and assessing medical bills can be overwhelming. We can assess your losses to fight for compensation.
- Communicating with other parties on your behalf. Speaking to insurance companies can time consuming. Let us advocate for you and negotiate the settlement you deserve.
Contact us as quickly as possible after the accident so we can begin speaking to witnesses and collecting other evidence.
Fight for the Compensation You Need for Your Car Accident Injuries
When you’ve been injured due to the negligence of someone else, you deserve to seek compensation. In many cases, your insurance policy can cover some of the losses you suffered in the accident. However, you may decide to file a personal injury lawsuit to seek compensation for all the damages you suffered.
You may be able to recover both economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages repay you for the financial losses you suffered because of the collision. On the other hand, your non-economic damages are the intangible damages you sustained.
Some of your recoverable damages could include:
- Medical expenses. Past and future medical bills, as well as treatments you will need because of the accident. Depending on your injuries, you could have an intense treatment plan. It is important you know the extent of your injuries for us to estimate your needs appropriately.
- Change in income. As a result of the accident, you could be unable to work for a short time, or your injuries could permanently affect the way you are able to make money.
- Property damage. Depending on the damage to your vehicle and property, you could recover compensation to repair or replace your items.
- Pain and suffering. If your injuries cause physical pain and suffering, you can seek compensation.
- Loss of enjoyment of life. Some injury victims are never able to return to hobbies they once enjoyed. If this is true for you, our team can help you pursue compensation.
When you meet with a Delray Beach car accident lawyer from our team, we will help determine the value of your losses from the accident. Each accident has a different set of circumstances, which makes each financial award different depending on the details of your accident.
Proving Who Is Responsible for the Car Accident
In order to prove who is liable for the accident, we will have to prove the responsible party was negligent. In order to prove negligence, we must show:
- The other party had a duty of care. They were expected to drive safely and keep you and other road users out of harm’s way.
- Their legal duty was violated. If the at-fault party violated their duty of care by being careless or reckless resulting in a dangerous situation for others, those actions show negligence.
- Their breach of duty led to your accident. The responsible party’s negligent actions resulted in the accident, which led to harm that could’ve been avoided if they were more careful.
- You suffered damages. As a result of the crash, you now face medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.
Depending on who is involved in your accident, there could be many people filing claims. It is important you speak with an attorney as quickly as possible to ensure your rights are being fought for to receive compensation.
Evidence We Can Use in Your Car Accident Case
After the accident, we can begin looking for evidence to build your case. Some types of useful evidence might include:
- Witness statements
- Photos and videos of the accident and your injuries
- The police report
- Your medical bills
- Statements from your doctor, friends, and family
If you have any evidence, bring it to your attorney. Don’t worry about collecting evidence on your own, though. Our team can handle this for you.
Contact Our Delray Beach Car Accident Team Today
Having someone on your side that has your best interests in mind may alleviate some of your post-accident stress. Sustaining injuries and reliving the car accident is overwhelming. Let us focus on the legal aspects of your case so you can devote your time to recovering from the accident.
Contact GED Lawyers when you are ready to fight for your rights and seek the justice you deserve. We’re ready to speak with you during a free consultation.