Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) reported over 340,000 automobile accidents in Florida in 2020. Those crashes resulted in over 3,300 fatalities and over 15,000 incapacitating injuries. Common causes for accidents involved drug and alcohol use, speeding, and vehicle malfunctions.
If you or a loved one in Panama City, Florida, suffered an injury in an automobile accident, you may be owed compensation for your damages. A Panama City car accident lawyer from GED Lawyers can investigate your case. We can help identify who may be held liable for your injuries and file a case against them.
Types of Car Accident Cases Our Firm Handles in Panama City, Florida
Panama City sees many accidents daily from the considerable traffic. Each car accident case is different, so when you need a lawyer to represent your car accident case, you will need someone who knows how to handle all types of situations. At GED Lawyers, our accident attorneys handle various types of car accident cases in Panama City, such as:
- Personal injury protection (PIP) claims
- Uber and Lyft rideshare vehicle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Boat accidents
- Bus accidents
- Limo and party bus accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Train and railroad crossing accidents
- Wrongful death
Your case may involve other factors, such as accidents involving a drunk driver or a hit-and-run driver. Our team can review your case and any relevant insurance information involved to see whether it is viable to file a claim or lawsuit.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Panama City, call (561) 995-1966
Types of Damages You Might Claim in Your Car Accident Case
In personal injury cases, damages are generally divided into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Having a Panama City car accident lawyer from our team can help you reach an approximate value for your case that fairly considers your damages, both now and in the future. We inform our clients of all the damages they might qualify to recover so that they can pursue compensation to move forward in life.
Economic damages are based on your financial losses. However, they can also apply to debts you now owe because of your injuries. In addition, these damages can include expenses you had to cover that weren’t planned and wouldn’t have occurred if you weren’t injured in the accident. Some common examples of economic damages include:
- Past and future medical expenses for your treatment, such as past costs for doctor’s appointments and future costs for surgical procedures you need
- Past and future income loss and benefits, such as paid or unpaid time off you had to take to recover from your injuries
- Costs to repair your vehicle and other property damage
- Cash value of your vehicle if it was totaled beyond repair and forces you to replace it entirely
- Reduced earning capacity if your injuries affect your ability to continue working in your position or field
Non-economic damages refer to physical or emotional losses, sometimes referred to as “general” damages. These damages do not have a financial value, so you must assign a value to them based on their impact on your life. Some common examples of these damages include:
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Emotional distress, including insomnia
- Permanent disability caused by the accident, including vision or hearing loss
- Diminished quality of life if you sustained a permanent or long-term injury
- Psychological trauma, which can be confirmed by a psychiatrist who works with you
Wrongful Death Damages
Unfortunately, some families must cope with the loss of a loved one when accidents become fatal. While money cannot replace your loved one, it can cover unexpected costs and help you maintain stability as you get back on your feet. A lawyer from our team can help you file a wrongful death claim against the appropriate party to pursue the following damages:
- Funeral service costs, including costs for burial or cremation services
- Loss of consortium or companionship
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of inheritance
- Medical debts inherited
Panama City Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (561) 995-1966
What Your Panama City Car Accident Lawyer Can Do for You
If you decide to work with a lawyer from GED Lawyers, we offer the following services to you as our client:
- We will investigate your case by reviewing all relevant information, the accident scene, and available evidence.
- We will prepare your claim or lawsuit by filling out legal documents on your behalf, then submit all paperwork within its respective deadlines.
- We will represent you in all legal meetings, hearings, and communications to advocate for your right to compensation. If possible, we will negotiate a fair settlement deal through the insurance company if the opposing party cooperates.
- We will provide legal advice whenever you want guidance on a decision, such as choosing whether to file a lawsuit over a claim.
Why Choose GED Lawyers for Your Legal Representation?
You have options when it comes to personal injury attorneys in Florida, so why choose our firm? Our attorneys have experience resolving cases like yours, including:
- $7.13 million for a commercial trucking accident
- $1.4 million verdict for a doctor injured in a collision
- $1 million settlement for a T-bone accident
These and other case results demonstrate our knowledge of the law and our dedication to injured people. However, the final result isn’t the only indication as to the quality of our services. We strive to provide peace of mind to our clients throughout the process. Because of this, our testimonials attest to the positive experience our firm provides.
Former client Richard Wainwright had this to say about working with our attorneys: “What an amazing group of people! They treat everyone with respect and kindness. It truly is like a family at GED Lawyers. Everyone in the firm is so talented at their jobs. They are passionate at what they do and they get results.”
Click to contact our Florida Car Accident Lawyers today
How Long You Have to File Your Car Accident Claim in Florida
Per Florida Statutes § 95.11, you generally have four years from the car accident date to file your case. Though this period might seem long, certain aspects of your case might delay the discovery period, for example, finding the driver in a hit-and-run accident. In addition, the negotiation period may be prolonged, such as if an insurance adjuster rejects your claim due to technicalities or other frustrating reasons.
Our team will monitor your case’s legal deadlines and file your case when necessary. In many cases, we handle this task quickly, so you never have to worry about jeopardizing your case. Once you miss your case’s deadline, you will be barred from filing a lawsuit on the issue. So, do not hesitate to file your claim while you have time!
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call GED Lawyers to Get a Free Consultation with Our Team
If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident in Panama City, Florida, you might have grounds to sue the at-fault driver or another liable party for compensation. A Panama City car accident lawyer from GED Lawyers can represent your case and advocate for your right to recover from your damages. We help people hold negligent parties accountable.
Call GED Lawyers today for a free case review from one of our team members. During your consultation, we can discuss your legal options and our plan to hold the responsible party accountable for your losses. Don’t hesitate to start your case as soon as possible.
Call or text (561) 995-1966 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form