If you or someone you care about was involved in a bicycle accident in Coral Springs, Ged Lawyers understands that you are under a lot of pressure right now. A Coral Springs bicycle accident lawyer from our firm can take responsibility for the legal burden of filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
To make it easier on yourself as you seek compensation for pain and suffering, medical expenses, and lost wages, let a Coral Springs personal injury lawyer from our team manage your case. We charge no attorney’s fees unless you win compensation.
Fighting for Your Bicycle Accident Compensation in Coral Springs
The statute of limitations has recently changed in Florida. Florida Statutes § 95.11 previously gave personal injury survivors four years to file a lawsuit against the responsible party. As of March 2023, you only have two years, per HB 837 / SB236.
If you wish to seek compensation from the party that caused your accident—whether a driver, a trucking company, or a manufacturer—you must file your lawsuit within two years. This process involves cataloging and evaluating how your accident has affected your life. For example:
- You likely suffered financial harm due to lost wages, lost earning capacity, medical expenses, and bicycle repair or replacement costs.
- The collision likely caused physical pain from wounds incurred in the accident. This pain can keep you from moving freely and performing the tasks your family and employer depend on you to perform.
- Traffic accidents and severe injuries can be traumatizing. You might have persistent depression or anxiety because of the accident or even develop a mental illness that requires professional care, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- A bicycle accident can have both short- and long-term consequences. In addition to the losses you have already suffered, you could continue to lose money and/or experience physical and mental pain in the years ahead.
The amount you can get for your injuries depends on their severity, among other factors. For instance, someone with $10,000 in medical bills after an accident will likely be eligible for more compensation than someone with only $2,000 in bills. Similarly, if you suffer a permanent injury, like an amputation, you may qualify for more compensation than someone with a temporary injury that will heal, like a bone fracture.
Asking for the correct amount of compensation is critical to your case’s success. Your Coral Springs bike accident lawyer can use evidence and legal formulas to evaluate your case properly.
When the Driver Who Hit You Is Uninsured
Although drivers are legally required to have car insurance, about 6% of registered drivers in Florida are uninsured, according to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV). This means over one million drivers on Florida roads do not have insurance to cover accidents they may cause. If the driver who caused your accident was uninsured or underinsured, what can you do?
A Coral Springs bicycle accident lawyer from GED Lawyers can still help you fight for compensation if the liable party does not have insurance. Instead of pursuing damages from the insurer, we could go directly to the liable party themselves or investigate other potential avenues of compensation, such as your uninsured/underinsured motorist policy.
Preparing for and Fighting Your Bicycle Accident Case in Coral Springs
You may encounter many obstacles when seeking compensation after a bicycle collision. Your Coral Springs bike accident attorney at Ged Lawyers wants to support you through all of these challenges, including:
- Gathering evidence: To build the strongest case possible, we can collect medical records, police reports, photographs, video footage, witness testimony, and even statements from bicycle accident experts.
- Filing paperwork: We know how overwhelming it can be to find and fill out all the correct forms to file an insurance claim or lawsuit. Our team has a great deal of experience with paperwork and can handle it all so our clients don’t have to.
- Dealing with the insurer: Insurance adjusters are often not easy to communicate with or even get in touch with. We can handle all phone calls and emails with the insurer. In addition, we can negotiate with them for a pretrial settlement that covers your past and future losses.
- Going to court: If we must go to trial, we can ensure you and our team are well-prepared. We stage mock trials before going to court to refine our strategy and prepare for whatever the defense may throw at us.
- Understanding the legal process: Personal injury law is complicated. We can simplify it for you. Feel free to contact your Coral Springs bicycle accident attorney with any questions about your case or the law.
As we handle these tasks, we also keep our clients in the loop. Our team is here to assist our clients by:
- Providing a free case review to let them know if they have a viable legal case
- Helping them make major legal decisions, like when to accept a settlement or when to go to court
- Keeping them informed of how their case is progressing and what is happening
- Charging attorney’s fees only after getting compensation for the client
Your Rights After a Fatal Bike Accident in Coral Springs
The FLHSMV reports that Broward County saw 693 bicycle accidents in 2022, resulting in 15 fatalities. When a bike accident turns fatal, you have the right to file a wrongful death suit with help from our attorneys.
Ged Lawyers handles wrongful death cases and personal injury cases. If your loved one has passed away due to their bicycle accident injuries, we can support your family by:
- Evaluating the value of your loved one’s medical bills and funeral expenses, as well as your family’s loss of financial support and companionship
- Fighting hard for the money you need to pick up the pieces after the unexpected loss of a loved one
- Providing compassionate legal representation in your time of need
Our entire team would like to express our condolences for your loss. We can manage your case while you take the time to grieve.
Were You Hurt in a Coral Springs Bicycle Accident?
Contact our firm today. Ged Lawyers is here to help people like you rebuild their lives after devastating accidents. You can depend on your Coral Springs bicycle accident lawyer to do everything possible to protect your rights by fighting for the financial compensation you deserve.