According to data from the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), there were 423 bicycle accidents in 2021 throughout Palm Beach County. There were also seven fatal bike crashes that took the lives of multiple riders.
If you or a loved one was injured in a bicycle accident, you might be entitled to compensation for medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Get help from a Boca Raton bicycle accident lawyer from GED Lawyers. Our personal injury team can help you file a claim or lawsuit against the party or parties that caused your accident.
Recovering Compensation for Your Boca Raton Bicycle Accident
While FLHSMV data shows that car accidents are far more common than other crashes, bicycle accidents are another type of road accident that usually cause serious injury.
Seeking necessary medical treatment for fractures, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and other severe injuries can leave you and your family with a mountain of medical debt. Not to mention, you might be unable to work while you recover, creating more financial challenges.
You can file insurance claims or sue the at-fault party to recover much-needed compensation. We can help you calculate the value of your economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Medical bills
- Future medical costs
- Lost income and benefits
- Reduced earning capacity due to disability
- Repair and replacement of your bicycle and related property
- Funeral costs and lost financial support, if you lost a loved one in a bike accident
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Diminished quality of life
How Does Our Team Recover Compensation After Bicycle Accidents?
Florida requires all motorists to have personal injury protection (PIP) insurance coverage. If you’re in a bicycle accident, you can file a claim with your PIP insurance provider to recover compensation that way.
In addition, you could also file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance. Let your attorney handle these claims to preserve your right to seek compensation. GED Lawyers can exhaust all your legal options for recovering compensation, such as:
- An at-fault driver’s auto insurance policy
- Your uninsured/underinsured motorist policy, if available
- A company’s liability policy
- A personal injury lawsuit should negotiations not provide you a just settlement
Types of Bicycle Accidents We See in Our Practice Serving Boca Raton
Per Florida Statutes § 316.2065, bicycle riders are subject to the same traffic laws as motorists and must obey all the same road signs. On the other hand, motor vehicle operators must be extra attentive to bicycle riders, as a bicycle is so much less noticeable than a car or truck. Drivers must equate a bicycle with a motor vehicle and observe the same laws to protect the riders.
Some common scenarios causing bicycle accidents include:
- A motor vehicle driver turning directly in front of a bicyclist
- An automobile driver entering the street from a driveway or parking spot and pulling out into traffic in front of the bicyclist
- A motorist’s failure to yield at an intersection or running a stop sign or red light
- A vehicle driver’s inattention while driving past a bicyclist
- An automobile driver’s failure to look both ways when resuming travel after stopping at a stop sign
- An automobile driver under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- A bicyclist avoiding a road hazard, like a pothole or debris
- A bicyclist avoiding collision with a pedestrian who’s jaywalking
- A bike part malfunctioning
Sometimes, it is not one act of negligence that causes a pedestrian accident but several. In these cases, we will investigate each contributing cause of your accident and work to hold multiple liable parties accountable. When several parties are involved in a bicycle accident, it can make seeking compensation more difficult as one party blames another. Regardless, our Boca Raton bicycle accident attorneys will fight for what you deserve.
A Note About Pedestrian Accidents in Boca Raton, Florida
Pedestrian accidents can include people walking their bikes on the side or across the road, on the sidewalk, or at street crossings. These and other pedestrian accidents can cause serious injuries. Our team can evaluate your losses and bring your case to trial. But determining who is negligent in pedestrian and bike accident cases can be tricky. Many factors must be taken into account, including:
- Were you paying attention to traffic when you crossed?
- Were you jaywalking or crossing in a designated crosswalk?
- Did the car run a red light or commit another infraction?
A third party could also be responsible for pedestrian and bicycle accidents. For example, if a crossing signal or traffic light malfunctions, the municipality could be responsible for failing to adequately maintain or repair the light.
Our Lawyers Will Look at Your Case From All Angles To Determine Fault
If you were injured in a pedestrian or bicycle accident, contact GED Lawyers as soon as you can. We will examine all the circumstances surrounding the accident to determine whether a claim for damages may be brought on your behalf.
Our Boca Raton accident attorneys have the knowledge to handle all such claims. We can bring your case to trial, when necessary, to obtain a fair recovery for your injuries.
We Can Handle Your Bicycle Accident Claim
In all pedestrian and bicycle accident cases, you must take proper prompt measures to preserve evidence, investigate the accident in question, and enable physicians or other expert witnesses to thoroughly evaluate any injuries.
A Boca Raton bicycle accident attorney from GED Lawyers can be an invaluable source of guidance for you during this time. We will:
- Investigate the cause of your bicycle accident
- Gather evidence to determine negligent parties
- Calculate your damages and accurately represent the impact of your injuries
- Handle all claims and communications with insurance companies
- Negotiate a settlement out of court of file a personal injury lawsuit
- Give you regular updates on your case
GED Lawyers is proud to serve accident victims from all backgrounds. That’s why we offer free case evaluations and never charge you upfront costs for our legal counsel. We also have attorneys and paralegals on staff who speak a variety of languages, including Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Creole, Greek, Russian, and Turkish.
GED Lawyers Can Start Helping Your Bicycle Accident Case Today
If you are in Florida and are a victim of a pedestrian or bicycle accident, contact GED Lawyers now. Our Boca Raton bicycle accident lawyers have successfully handled these types of cases before. We’ll look into your circumstances, assess whether you might have a valid claim, and make preparations and gather information for you.
Per Florida Statute § 95.11, you generally only have two years from the accident date to file a personal injury lawsuit against negligent parties. Your initial case review with our team is free of charge, so call or email us today.