Negligent medical care can cause severe and life-changing harm. You deserve economic justice if you or your loved one suffered a brain injury in Coral Springs due to a medical error. Ged Lawyers’ personal injury attorneys can hold the medical provider or healthcare facility that hurt you accountable for their mistakes.
Our Coral Springs brain injury lawyers will fight so you don’t pay for medical treatment or expenses arising from a medical malpractice injury. Let us manage the process of recovering damages owed to you while working tirelessly to minimize your stress and legal burden.
Our Attorneys Can Recover Medical Malpractice Brain Injury Compensation
A severe brain injury can devastate your life. You might face expensive and ongoing medical treatment. In addition, your injury may prevent you from working, and you may even need assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs).
Unfortunately, knowing your injury resulted from preventable medical negligence could make the situation even worse.
Our Coral Springs personal injury lawyers can help you recover damages with a medical malpractice insurance claim or lawsuit. A settlement or verdict can ensure you have the money you need for your care without jeopardizing your financial stability. The compensation we can recover for a medical malpractice brain injury could include the following:
- Medical bills: We will seek reimbursement for the cost of the treatment that caused you harm. Additionally, we will seek compensation for necessary care for your brain injury, including emergency services, hospitalizations, surgeries, follow-up care, physical therapy, cognitive rehabilitation, long-term nursing, and life care.
- Lost income: We can seek wages, earnings, and employment benefits lost due to your brain injury and the time it takes to recover. If you suffered permanent and disabling harm that prevents you from working or performing your previous job, we could seek compensation for your lost earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering: We can seek awards for intangible losses caused by your brain injury, including compensation for physical and chronic pain, emotional distress, mental anguish, loss of mobility, reduced cognitive functioning, and diminished quality of life.
- Wrongful death: If your loved one suffered a fatal brain injury, our Coral Springs wrongful death lawyers can seek compensation on behalf of the deceased’s estate and survivors. Damages may include medical expenses; funeral and burial costs; loss of the decedent’s income, support, services, and companionship; and survivors’ mental pain and suffering.
We Will Handle Every Detail of Your Brain Injury Claim or Lawsuit
Medical malpractice cases can be daunting. For instance, claims often involve complex research, complicated medical malpractice laws, and facing powerful healthcare institutions and their insurers. Accomplishing the work needed to secure a successful settlement can be challenging in the best of times. However, it can seem impossible while coping with a severe brain injury or caring for an ailing loved one.
Our Florida brain injury lawyers serving Coral Springs will put the skills and resources of our full-service law firm behind defending your rights and getting the monetary awards you need and deserve. Our legal team will:
- Investigate the circumstances surrounding your brain injury and prove medical negligence occurred.
- Identify and calculate your losses.
- Prepare and file your medical malpractice insurance claims.
- Aggressively negotiate for the maximum compensation possible.
- Handle case-related deadlines, paperwork, and communications.
- Represent you at trial if necessary.
Our Firm Takes Cases on Contingency
We never want the cost of legal representation to stand in the way of our clients’ pursuit of justice and compensation. Thus, we take personal injury cases on contingency, meaning we do not collect attorney fees unless we obtain compensation for you.
Our Lawyers Will Prove Your Brain Injury Resulted From Medical Malpractice
Sometimes, doctors, nurses, and other providers do everything right and still achieve an unfavorable medical outcome. So, how do you know if you or your loved one’s injury resulted from malpractice?
Malpractice occurs when a medical provider fails to treat patients according to the accepted standards of their profession. Our experienced medical malpractice lawyers can help you establish the four elements of medical negligence:
- Professional duty. A doctor/patient relationship existed between you and the provider, who owed you a legal duty of care.
- Breach of duty. The provider acted in a manner that most medical professionals would consider unreasonable or inappropriate.
- Injury. Your injury occurred due to the provider’s actions and would not have happened had they acted according to the standards of their profession.
- Damages. Your brain injury resulted in economic and noneconomic damages.
We will build your case using evidence, which may include the following:
- Medical records
- Expert opinions
- Medical and scientific research
- Eyewitness accounts
- Surveillance video
- Previous complaints against the doctor or healthcare facility
Medical Errors That Can Cause a Brain Injury
Our Coral Springs brain injury lawyers can assist with medical malpractice cases involving the following:
- Surgical mistakes
- Medication errors
- Patient falls
- Failure to diagnose
- Birth injuries
- Lack of oxygen
- Brain bleeds
How Long Do You Have to File a Brain Injury Lawsuit in Florida?
The statute of limitations for suing for personal injury or wrongful death arising from medical malpractice is two years per Florida Statutes § 95.11. However, exceptions could extend this window. Our lawyers can tell you if any apply to your case.
In general, if you do not act before the statute of limitations expires, you cannot pursue your case in civil court. The deadline will also affect your medical malpractice insurance claims because it will significantly reduce your bargaining power if you cannot pursue a legal case. You may be unable to get fair compensation from the insurance company and have no legal recourse.
Contact Ged Lawyers About Your Coral Springs Brain Injury Case
You do not have to handle the stress and hassle of a medical malpractice brain injury case alone. Our Coral Springs, FL, brain injury attorneys can stand by you every step of the way, working tirelessly to build a robust personal injury claim or lawsuit. You can focus on your health and family while we do the work needed to recover your damages.
Contact Ged Lawyers today to schedule a free consultation. A team member is available 24/7 to help connect you with a lawyer in your area.