Spinal cord injuries can result from a variety of accidents, and sometimes, negligence is a contributing factor. If you suffered an accident that left you with spinal cord injuries due to someone else’s negligence, Ged Lawyers is here to help you.
Our Lighthouse Point spinal cord injury lawyers can handle your case and seek fair compensation from a liable party. You can file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit to pursue financial recovery for your recoverable losses, such as your current and future medical expenses. While you rest and recover, we can handle the legal process.
Lighthouse Point Spinal Cord Injuries Can Warrant Various Forms of Compensation
Spinal cord injuries can be severely debilitating, and victims may find it difficult to manage everyday tasks or return to work. On top of that, medical bills can quickly mount, leaving a family to struggle financially.
If someone else caused your accident, they should cover the cost of your losses. Our Lighthouse Point spinal cord injury attorneys can work toward the following forms of financial recovery:
- Current medical bills, including hospitalization, surgery, and medication
- Ongoing medical bills, such as for rehabilitative therapy
- Lost income from the time you took off work to heal
- Reduced earning capacity if you cannot earn your pre-injury income anymore
- Pain and suffering
Other out-of-pocket expenses may also warrant compensation. When we take on your case, we will leave no stone unturned when accounting for your accident-related losses. The last thing you want is to accept a settlement offer that does not meet your future medical care needs.
What Causes Spinal Cord Injuries?
According to Mayo Clinic, a spinal cord injury involves any type of damage to the spinal cord itself or the nerves at the base of the spine. These injuries often result from some type of trauma, and they can greatly affect a person’s mobility, functionality, and overall health. Severe spinal cord injuries can result in permanent disability.
Some types of accidents that can lead to a spinal cord injury include:
- Car accidents and pedestrian accidents: Collisions account for many of the country’s yearly spinal cord injuries.
- Falls: Older adults are particularly at risk of suffering spinal cord injuries due to falls.
- Sports injuries: Sports can be dangerous, especially high-contact sports. Injuries on the field, in the gym, or elsewhere can cause spinal cord damage.
- Workplace accidents: Certain industries come with a higher risk of workplace accidents, but anyone can get hurt on the job and suffer a spinal cord injury.
If you experienced any of these types of accidents, someone may have played a role in causing your spinal cord injury. Our Lighthouse Point attorneys can help with a variety of cases, such as car accident cases, premises liability cases, and construction accident cases.
How Our Lighthouse Point Spinal Cord Injury Team Can Help You
You have enough to worry about when it comes to recovering from your injury. You may even be adjusting to a completely new way of life if you suffer a permanent impairment. A legal case is daunting enough without having to struggle with it on your own under such circumstances.
Our legal team can help you by taking over every aspect of your spinal cord injury case. We can:
- Investigate the nature of your accident to determine what caused or contributed to it
- Gather evidence of negligence
- Compile your medical bills, income statements, and other documents to account for your losses
- File an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit
- Handle all the necessary paperwork
- Negotiate with insurers
- Communicate with the liable party and their representatives
- Represent you in a trial
We will also make it a point to keep you informed about your case throughout the entire process. We never want you to feel confused about what is going on, so we will also make ourselves available to answer any questions you may have. This is the kind of client-focused legal representation you can expect from Ged Lawyers.
You Do Not Have Long to Act on Your Spinal Cord Injury Lawsuit
If we determine that legal action is the best option for seeking fair compensation, we will have to act fast. According to Florida Statutes § 95.11, you generally have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit.
This does not give you much time to prepare a case, especially since investigating and negotiating with insurers does not stall the deadline. The sooner you get started, the better we can protect your right to seek compensation through a civil suit.
We can help you meet this deadline and work to streamline the process as much as possible.
Following Through With Your Spinal Cord Injury Treatment
Likely, you have already seen a doctor for your spinal cord injury. You may have been hospitalized and undergone surgery. Some accident victims may even have to see specialists and begin physical therapy. It may seem like your treatment plan is overwhelming, but you should follow through with it. Do what your doctor tells you and report any symptoms or changes that arise during your care.
This way, you can work toward your maximum medical recovery. Your medical records can also serve as key evidence in your case, especially if you will require ongoing medical care.
Let Ged Lawyers Handle Your Spinal Cord Injury Case in Lighthouse Point
You don’t have to grapple with the legal process alone. You have the right to an attorney, even if you are filing an insurance claim. Call us today for a free consultation. We can tell you more about what to expect with your case and how our Lighthouse Point lawyers can help you.