If you or a family member were in a motorcycle accident in Lighthouse Point, you may have major injuries and even medical debts. You can collect compensation, but you might not be able to recover all of your due damages through an insurance claim or a lawsuit.
With over 28 years of experience practicing personal injury law, our firm can help in a number of ways. One of our motorcycle accident lawyers can either negotiate with your insurer for certain damages or sue for potentially all of your damages. In a consultation, we’ll review your case with you and explain what it will be like to work with your Lighthouse Point motorcycle accident lawyer.
What Damages Can I Get for a Motorcycle Accident in Florida?
You deserve compensation for your injuries and expenses. It may be difficult to recover all of your damages through insurance or a lawsuit, but you can claim and pursue them but we are here to help.
These damages could include:
- Pain and suffering
- Disability and/or disfigurement
- Mental suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of consortium
- Lost ability to earn an income
- Lost employment income and benefits
- Treatment and therapy expenses
- The cost of repairing your vehicle
Damages for a Fatal Motorcycle Accident
You also deserve closure and damages if you lost a family member in a fatal accident. Through a wrongful death lawsuit against the at-fault party, you may find some sense of closure and recover such damages as:
- Any pain your deceased family member may have experienced
- Your family’s mental suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of familial love
- Lost income and benefits for your family
- Any unresolved medical expenses
- Funeral and burial/cremation expenses
How Do I Get My Damages for a Motorcycle Accident in Florida?
Since Florida is a no-fault state, most injured people can recover injury-related damages through their own PIP (personal injury protection) insurance. They can also recover property-related damages through the at-fault party’s PDL (property damage liability) insurance. However, since PIP and PDL don’t cover motorcycle accidents, injured motorcyclists can’t recover damages through either of these insurances.
If an injured motorcyclist has separate motorcycle insurance, though, they can recover damages through it. They can also recover damages by suing the at-fault party directly. However, typically, insurance doesn’t compensate for non-financial damages, like pain and suffering. And suing can be a major undertaking, especially when the at-fault party is a large corporate entity, like a trucking or rideshare company. A lawyer from our firm can help.
Why Should I Hire a Lighthouse Point Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
If you have been in a motorcycle accident, you should strongly consider hiring a lawyer from our firm. Our lawyer can take over your entire case from you so you can tend to health and family matters. You will be under a great deal of stress and we can take the legal burden off of your shoulders.
You will not have to worry about fees since our lawyer will work for you in a contingency fee arrangement. That means you won’t pay any upfront or ongoing fees for legal representation. Instead, you’ll simply pay our firm out of your compensation. If we do not win your case, you won’t pay anything at all. There is no risk involved for you.
To represent and serve you, your lawyer will take care of all of the following:
- Listing your damages: You might already have a list of damages you want to pursue. Your lawyer can add to this list. For example, your lawyer could add compensable damages you may have in the future, like future income losses.
- Valuating your damages: You might not be able to give fair financial value to your non-financial damages, like your physical pain. Your lawyer can do this for you so they can properly claim these damages.
- Proving your damages: So you can accurately recover your damages, your lawyer will verify you have them. To do this, your lawyer will show the insurer or a judge certain documents and statements, like your medical history or your property receipts.
- Determining who’s liable: A trucking company or another major entity may be liable. For example, if a motorist hit you and they work with a rideshare company, this company may be liable. Your lawyer will seek out evidence in order to determine liability.
- Proving the other party’s liability: To do this, your lawyer will show the evidence to the insurer or judge. The evidence could be a truck’s black box data, a traffic camera’s footage, and/or a witness’s written statement, for example. Then, your lawyer will show the elements of negligence in your case. These elements include the party’s duty of care and breach of duty.
- Negotiating with your insurer: If you have motorcycle insurance, your lawyer will negotiate with your insurer for your damages, including certain damages they typically don’t cover. And if your insurer doesn’t negotiate in good faith, your lawyer could threaten them with a bad-faith lawsuit. Or, your lawyer could sue for your damages.
- Suing the other party: If you don’t have motorcycle insurance, your lawyer can sue the at-fault party directly. First, your lawyer could hire an expert, like a motorcycle accident reconstructionist, for their court testimony. Then, your lawyer will prepare a lawsuit, take your case to a judge, and demand a fair verdict.
About Our Lighthouse Point Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
With over 28 years of experience practicing personal injury law, our team has what it takes to represent you even if you’re up against a large insurance company, an international trucking company, or another major entity. Our personal injury lawyers can even represent you if your case involves catastrophic injuries or loss of life.
You should be confident in our ability to represent you, especially since our lawyers have been so successful for their clients. We were able to close a serious motorcycle accident case for $500,000 and we have secured other personal injury settlements in the millions.
You should be even more confident because our team has received outstanding reviews from our clients, including many 5-star reviews. We’re sure you’ll be fully convinced you’re making the right choice after a consultation with us.
Contact Us for Your Lighthouse Point Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you or a family member were in a motorcycle accident, one of our attorneys will negotiate with your insurer or sue the other party for your damages. Regardless, your attorney will do everything necessary to achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
In a free consultation, we’ll review your case with you, advise you about it, and give you a better idea of what you can expect from your motorcycle accident attorney in Lighthouse Point. To consult with us for free, contact GED Lawyers and we can get you the justice you deserve.