Travelers on foot are the most exposed to the dangers of the road. Reckless, drunk, or inattentive drivers increase the risk of a pedestrian car accident. The outcome of these crashes is often life-threatening injury and death, but these accidents are preventable, and someone should be held accountable for them.
If you or a loved one were struck by a vehicle while traveling on foot, a Lighthouse Point pedestrian accident lawyer at our firm can take your case and help recover compensation for your injuries. We offer a free case review to understand your story, explain your rights, and answer your questions.
Recoverable Damages After a Pedestrian Accident in Lighthouse Point, FL
Florida law allows injury victims to seek damages from the party who hurt them. Damages are the compensation awarded to make up for your economic and non-economic losses from the accident. If a moving vehicle hits you, you are almost certain to have serious injuries that not only bring about medical bills but could affect your physical functionality, relationships, and mental well-being.
The driver who hit you is under a legal obligation to restore you financially after these losses. Our pedestrian injury lawyers will review your financial losses and examine the effects of the crash on different aspects of your life to determine how much compensation you are entitled to receive.
You could recover compensation for losses, such as:
- Lost income
- Medical care costs
- Physical rehabilitation
- Occupational therapy
- Mental health therapy costs
- Personal property damage
- Transportation expenses
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
If you lost a loved one due to a pedestrian crash in Lighthouse Point, FL, your family could obtain justice and recover compensation for your loss. Our injury lawyers can file a wrongful death lawsuit against the negligent party. You could be entitled to:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical expenses
- Lost financial support
- Loss of companionship
Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Offer Exceptional Service
Our Lighthouse Point pedestrian accident attorneys are focused on bringing you results and making the personal injury claim process as painless as possible for you. We’re here for you when you need us. Morning, noon, or evening appointments are available, and we can even come to you if you’re unable to travel. Our firm has a multilingual staff fluent in Spanish, Arabic, Creole, Greek, Portuguese, Russian, and Turkish able to answer your questions.
Victories in Florida Motor Vehicle Accident Cases
Our team of legal professionals has won numerous multi-million dollar settlements and court victories on behalf of our clients throughout Florida. Our successes in motor vehicle accidents include:
- $4.5 million for a man severely injured when a car hit him while he was riding a scooter
- $1.4 million court verdict for a doctor injured in a car accident
- $900,000 settlement for a pedestrian crash
We can’t make promises about the compensation that you will receive in your pedestrian accident claim, but we can promise you that our legal team will do everything in its power to achieve maximum results in your case.
Benefits of Having a Lighthouse Point Pedestrian Injury Lawyer Build Your Case
We take on the full responsibility of fighting for you so that you don’t have to worry as you recover from your injuries. A pedestrian injury lawyer serving Lighthouse Point, Florida, can:
- Investigate the accident and determine who is liable for your damages- This is especially important if a hit-and-run driver struck you. Many times, the police are unable to solve these cases, so having an attorney working for you can greatly help.
- Calculate the total compensation you are entitled to receive based on your accident-related losses and expenses. Injury victims are often unaware of just how much compensation they can collect, allowing insurance companies to take advantage of them.
- Submit your claim for damages and proof of your losses to the insurer
- Negotiate a fair settlement that covers your losses
- File a lawsuit for the money you deserve if negotiations are not fruitful
Don’t Miss the Statute of Limitations for a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Florida
You generally have two years to file a lawsuit for a motor vehicle accident in Florida. The state government shortened the statute of limitations from the previous 4-year window. You should contact our accident lawyers immediately to avoid missing your filing deadline and losing your right to compensation.
Florida is the number two most dangerous state for pedestrians in the country. Further, the MIami-Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach metropolitan area is ranked in the top 20 most dangerous metros for pedestrians in the nation, and conditions aren’t improving.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), major risk factors in pedestrian accidents include:
- Alcohol consumption– Drunk drivers and intoxicated pedestrians were involved in 46% of fatal pedestrian accidents.
- Speed– Drivers carelessly speeding can’t see pedestrians or prevent a collision due to how fast they are moving.
- Location– More pedestrian crashes happen away from intersections where traffic lights are minimal.
- Nighttime hours– Nightfall means lower visibility, making it difficult to see people traveling on foot, many of whom do not wear reflective gear and walk in the same direction as traffic.
With so many factors that can contribute to a pedestrian accident, it’s important to have a dedicated lawyer investigating the crash to identify who or what is responsible for the collision. Figuring out the liable party is integral to financial recovery.
Let Our Lighthouse Point Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Go After Your Compensation
Whether the driver, a car manufacturer, a tire company, or a local government caused your accident, the Lighthouse Point pedestrian accident attorneys at Ged Lawyers will go after the right party and demand the money you deserve. Call us for a free consultation and get started on your case today.