According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over 223,000 people were hospitalized for traumatic brain injuries in 2019. While falls make up the majority of brain injury cases, a person can suffer a brain injury in a number of accidents. These injuries can be debilitating, painful, and life-threatening. Not to mention, getting tested and treated for a brain injury can be very expensive.
That’s why it’s important to speak with a lawyer if you or a loved one have been diagnosed with a brain injury. A Naples brain injury lawyer from GED Lawyers can help you hold negligent parties accountable for the accident and recover much-needed compensation on your behalf.
Why Choose GED Lawyers to Handle Your Brain Injury Case
GED Lawyers has successfully recovered millions of dollars in compensation for accident victims in Naples and other areas of Florida. We are proud to serve the people of Naples and offer them thorough and aggressive legal representation to maximize their claims. Here’s what you can expect with our law firm:
- A free, no-obligation case review to learn the true value of your claim
- Client-focused service that involves traveling to wherever is most convenient for you
- A multilingual staff that speaks Spanish, Arabic, Creole, Portuguese, Greek, Russian, Turkish, and more
- A contingency fee agreement so you don’t owe anything until we recover compensation on your behalf
For a free legal consultation with a brain injury lawyer serving Naples, call (561) 995-1966
Do I Need a Lawyer for a Brain Injury Case?
Depending on how the brain injury occurred, you may be dealing with insurance companies and strong legal teams representing liable parties. You can certainly file claims and negotiate an offer on your own. But these parties may not take your claim seriously; they may try to undervalue your injury and offer you a fraction of what you really deserve.
Our personal injury lawyer serving Naples can make sure this doesn’t happen to you. We will protect your right to recover compensation from negligent and liable parties.
Here’s how we can handle your brain injury case:
- Investigate the cause of your brain injury
- Collect evidence that links your brain injury to an accident caused by someone else’s negligence
- Determine liable parties
- Calculate the total cost of your damages
- File insurance claims
- Handle all communications with insurance companies and legal teams
- Represent you in negotiations
- File a lawsuit for your brain injury claim if negotiations fail
What If I or My Loved One Haven’t Been Diagnosed Yet?
If you or your loved one have been in an accident, you should seek medical attention right away. This is especially true if you experience any symptoms of head injuries, like headaches, memory issues, and confusion. Then, you can contact our team to start discussing the cause of your accident, which parties were involved, and what your legal options may be before you get your diagnosis.
We offer free case reviews so you can start preparing to make a claim as soon as possible.
Naples Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me (561) 995-1966
We Can Help You Get Compensation for Your Brain Injury Claim
You can claim a variety of damages for a brain injury. That includes economic damages that have a clear monetary value and noneconomic damages that are harder to calculate. We can use medical bills, paystubs, cost projections, and more to determine the full value of your losses.
Here are some of the damages we can help you get compensation for:
- Current and future medical costs, such as emergency care, surgery, rehabilitation, therapies, medication, and more
- Lost income, like wages and tips, salary, bonuses, and benefits
- Reduced earning potential if you suffer a disability and can no longer work
- Physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
The average settlement for a brain injury in Naples varies widely. Compensation can depend on a variety of factors, including:
- Your age at the time of the injury
- How the injury occurred
- The parties that are liable
- The severity of the brain injury and its impact on your life now and in the future
Click to contact our Florida Brain Injury Lawyers today
Types of Brain Injury Cases We Handle
We have helped many clients who suffered from a brain injury after these and other accidents:
- Auto accidents, including car crashes, truck accidents, and motorcycle accidents
- Premises liability cases for slip and falls
- Medical malpractice
- Workplace and construction accidents
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Defective products
Your Naples brain injury attorney from GED Lawyers can review your brain injury claim and determine which type of case we can pursue on your behalf.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Brain Injuries Occur
In general, a brain injury occurs when someone suffers sudden or regular trauma to the head. Sudden trauma that can cause a brain injury includes a collision, a fall, or a birth injury. Regular sustained trauma to the head may include collisions during contact sports or abuse.
If You Lost a Loved One to a Brain Injury
If your loved one passed due to complications from a brain injury, we are truly sorry for your loss. We know that no amount of compensation will fully heal your and your family’s pain. But we want to help you get justice for your loved one and hold accountable the party liable for the accident.
A Naples brain injury lawyer can help you recover compensation for funeral expenses, lost household income, and your emotional pain and suffering.
How Long Do I Have to File a Brain Injury Claim in Naples?
Florida Statutes § 95.11 outlines how long accident victims and their families have to file a lawsuit for an act of negligence. In general, you may have between two years and four years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. But that depends on the type of claim you have.
The following are the statutes of limitations for various lawsuits we may be able to file on your behalf:
- Four years for a personal injury lawsuit, such as for an auto accident
- Four years for a product liability lawsuit if a defective product caused your brain injury
- Two years for medical malpractice if a birth injury or other medical error caused your brain injury
- Two years for a wrongful death lawsuit if you lost your loved one to a brain injury
GED Lawyers Is Ready to Take On Your Naples Brain Injury Case
If you or a loved one are suffering from a brain injury or suspect you may have one, you can contact GED Lawyers to learn more about your legal options. Contact a Naples brain injury attorney today for a free case review.
Call or text (561) 995-1966 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form