Traumatic brain injuries are some of the most debilitating wounds a person can be diagnosed with. The brain is the most sensitive organ in the body, and even seemingly minor injuries could prove catastrophic. If you have suffered critical brain injuries caused by another party’s negligent actions, you may have grounds for a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
Our Panama City brain injury lawyer at GED Lawyers can review your recovery options. You can start a free consultation today with our legal team to find out more about what you could expect from the brain injury claims or lawsuit process.
How Our Panama City Brain Injury Attorney Could Help You
Our brain injury attorney in Panama City can lead your entire case. Your brain injuries may make it impossible for you to do much of anything except survive and heal from what you have been through.
Our lawyer will investigate the Panama accident or incident that caused the brain injury, identify the liable parties and prove their negligence, calculate the value of your claim, handle talks with the liable party’s insurance company, and take your case to trial if we cannot reach a settlement. You do not have to go through these difficult times alone.
Common Recoverable Damages in a Brain Injury Case
An attorney with our firm could seek to recover the following damages in your Panama City brain injury case:
- Medical expenses
- Income loss
- Reduced earning ability
- Property damage or loss
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Wrongful death damages if a brain injury caused your loved one’s death (e.g., the deceased’s medical expenses, funeral costs, and lost income)
With our legal professional on your side, you can focus on healing from your injuries. We can seek compensation for your damages so that the culpable party is brought to justice.
Panama City Brain Injury Statute of Limitations Deadline
You must move forward with your brain injury claim before the statute of limitations runs out. Personal injury claims in Florida must be filed within four years of the accident, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). If a loved one died and you want to file a wrongful death lawsuit, you have two years from the deceased’s death date, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d).
The date of your accident, when you were diagnosed with your brain injury, and other extenuating circumstances can also affect your filing deadline. Our attorney can determine what your case’s timeline is and how long you have to file.
Do not put your injury settlement at risk by failing to get a lawyer on your case in enough time. Although four years may seem like plenty of time to build a case and hold the liable party accountable, much of the evidence we need to establish liability is time sensitive. If you wait, this evidence could be lost, making it difficult or impossible for you to recover the compensation you would otherwise be entitled to.
How Do Brain Injuries Occur?
Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are some of the most devastating injuries someone can experience. Sadly, they can occur in virtually endless types of accidents, events, and situations, such as:
- Motor vehicle accidents, including those involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicyclists, boats, and other motor vehicles
- Premises liabilities, including dog bites, slip and fall accidents, trampoline accidents, hotel accidents, parking lot accidents, and other injuries on someone else’s property
- Work-related injuries, including construction accidents, trench and ground collapses, factory accidents, stair and ladder accidents, scaffold accidents, and repetitive stress injuries
- Medical malpractice, including surgical errors, anesthesia errors, nursing home abuse, and birth injuries
If you were in another type of accident that caused your brain injuries in Panama City, you may still have the right to move forward with an insurance claim or civil lawsuit. Find out what legal options are available to you when you contact a brain injury lawyer in Panama City for help.
What to Do After a Brain Injury in Panama City
You may be confused, scared, and generally unsure of what to do next after a brain injury occurs. Here are some of the most important steps you need to take after a brain injury in Panama City:
- Always call 911 first. Emergency responders will arrive at the accident scene and give you a medical evaluation. Although your initial head injury may not seem severe, you must rule out any invisible injuries and get the treatment you need now as opposed to later. The longer you wait, the more serious your injuries could be.
- If you can, document the accident scene while waiting for emergency responders and police to arrive. If you can take photos of your injuries and any property damages, collect contact information from witnesses, and otherwise gather evidence to support your case, it could prove valuable when you attempt to pursue your case.
- After you have obtained your medical evaluation, your next call should be to your brain injury lawyer. The sooner you get a brain injury attorney working on your case, the sooner you can recover the compensation you need to cover your costs and help you start over. We are here to help get you through this difficult time.
Contact GED Lawyers for Help From Our Panama City Brain Injury Attorney Today
Recovering damages in a brain injury case can be challenging, but our legal team is always ready to fight for you and your family. Our Panama City brain injury lawyer at GED Lawyers will protect your rights and work to hold the liable party accountable for your losses.
You can get learn more about your legal options during a no-cost, risk-free consultation as soon as today. You can call our office or complete our convenient contact form online.