A spinal cord injury is one that causes damage to the spinal cord or the nerves in the spinal column. These injuries affect the body’s ability to send signals between different parts of the body and the brain. This can affect someone’s mobility and motor function, even causing total or partial paralysis.
Many types of accidents can cause a spinal cord injury. If your spinal cord injury was caused by someone else’s negligence, you deserve justice. A Naples spinal cord injury lawyer from GED Lawyers can represent you and your family in seeking compensation from liable parties.
How a Naples Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Can Help
Spinal cord injury cases can be complex. There’s usually a lot of important evidence to gather to file claims with relevant insurance companies. Plus, these insurance companies may try to undermine your injury and pay you a fraction of what your losses really cost. A Naples spinal cord injury lawyer won’t let that happen.
Here’s what our spinal cord injury attorneys can do for your case:
- Investigate the cause of your injury
- Gather evidence that establishes negligence
- Identify all liable parties
- Calculate your economic and intangible losses
- File insurance claims
- Represent your interests to insurance companies and liable parties
- Negotiate a settlement that reflects your pain and suffering
- File a lawsuit and fight for you in court
You shouldn’t have to handle these time-consuming and stressful tasks on your own. Whether you’re suffering from a spinal cord injury or have a loved one who has been injured, you deserve to have aggressive and thorough legal representation that can get you the money you need.
For a free legal consultation with a spinal cord injury lawyer serving Naples, call (561) 995-1966
Why Choose GED Lawyers?
At GED Lawyers, we’ve successfully recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients, including those who’ve suffered spinal cord injuries. When you work with our firm, you can expect:
- A legal team that’s available to answer your questions and update you on your case any day, any time
- Lawyers who will travel to you for appointments, whether it’s to the hospital or your home
- A multilingual staff so you can discuss your case in the language you feel most comfortable speaking
- Contingency fee representation, so you don’t pay until we recover compensation on your behalf
We are dedicated to helping accident victims and their families get the justice and compensation they deserve. That’s why we’ll do everything we can to maximize your claim and help your recovery.
Naples Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Near Me (561) 995-1966
Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries
Spinal cord injuries can be caused by a significant trauma to the spinal column that crushes, fractures, or puts pressure on parts of your spine. This trauma blocks the neurological signals that travel throughout the body to the brain.
Spinal cord injuries can include fractured or dislocated discs that compress the spinal cord or cutting of the spinal cord. Some common ways that spinal cord injuries occur include collisions, falls, and medical errors.
A Naples spinal cord injury attorney from our firm can use medical records, expert testimony, and more to determine the cause of your injury and identify parties that may be responsible. Knowing the cause of your injury helps us identify all potential sources of compensation so we can maximize your claim.
Types of Spinal Cord Injury Cases We Handle
We handle many types of spinal cord injury accident cases, including:
- Auto accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Premises liability (slip and falls)
- Product liability
- Workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products and mass torts
This is not an exhaustive list. If your spinal cord injury was caused by another type of accident other than what’s listed above, we still want to help. A Naples spinal cord injury lawyer from GED Lawyers is ready to review your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Can Get Compensation for Your Spinal Cord Injury
A spinal cord injury is often a costly one. Even with health insurance, medical bills for a spinal cord injury can be expensive. Patients often need ongoing and regular treatment, such as rehabilitation and physical therapy. They may also need to pay for quality-of-life adjustments in their home or vehicle. Medical treatment, mobility issues, and more can make working and earning an income a challenge for people with spinal cord injuries, too.
We can help you recover compensation for the following economic damages:
- Medical expenses, including current bills and future treatment costs
- Lost income, wages, bonuses, and benefits during recovery
- Reduced earning potential if you become partially or totally disabled and are unable to work
A spinal cord injury can also affect your life in ways that are hard to calculate. GED Lawyers can help you recover compensation for the following noneconomic damages, too:
- Physical pain
- Emotional duress
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
Florida’s Statute of Limitations on Spinal Cord Injuries
Florida Statutes § 95.11 outlines that accident victims must file lawsuits to recover losses within a certain amount of time. How much time you may have to file a lawsuit for your spinal cord injury depends on how your injury occurred and what type of claim you have.
Here are some of the time frames your case may fit under:
- Four years for a personal injury lawsuit, such as an auto accident or premises liability
- Four years for a product liability lawsuit for a defective product that caused a spinal cord injury
- Two years from the date of the negligent incident or discovery of the negligence for a medical malpractice lawsuit
A Naples spinal cord injury attorney from our office can help you better understand how Florida’s statute of limitations may apply in your case. The sooner you reach out to our firm, the more time we have to build a strong case and get you much-needed compensation.
Call GED Lawyers Today
The team at GED Lawyers knows how painful and challenging a spinal cord injury can be. That’s why we are dedicated to helping accident victims and their families hold negligent parties accountable for the harm they’ve caused. Contact our office today for a free case review and to get started on your spinal cord injury claim.