When you purchase a product, you have the right to remain safe while using it. In fact, companies that place products on the market have an obligation to ensure that they are safe. Unfortunately, however, companies don’t always fulfill this obligation, and people can end up with devastating injuries as a consequence.
At GED Lawyers, our product liability attorneys understand the pain and suffering a defective product can cause you and your family. That’s why our dedicated Florida product liability attorneys fight to hold companies responsible for their actions by making sure you get compensation for your injuries.
Get the Compensation You Deserve With the Help of Our Attorneys
The legal team at GED Lawyers has helped recover millions of dollars for our clients. We’re proud to serve the diverse communities around Florida, and we have multilingual lawyers on staff who speak Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Russian, and other languages.
To best serve you during this stressful and financially straining time, we can take on your case at no upfront cost to you. And we only get paid once we settle or win your case.
For a free legal consultation with a product liability lawyer serving Florida, call (844) 443-3529
We Will File Your Product Liability Case Within the Civil Deadline
Per Florida Statutes § 95.11, you generally have four years from the date of your injury to file a product liability lawsuit. If you lost a loved one, you typically have two years to file your case. This may seem like generous periods in which to act.
However, your legal team needs as much time as possible to investigate your injury, gather evidence, organize your claim, and file your lawsuit. It’s also important to promptly connect with our product liability lawyers in Florida because, if the statute of limitations runs out on your case, you could lose the right to litigation.
Florida Product Liability Lawyer Near Me (844) 443-3529
What Types of Cases Do We Handle?
Product liability law encompasses a wide range of issues, including those involving:
- Health problems caused by talcum powder
- Hip replacement defects
- Dangerous prescription drugs
- Defective vehicles and vehicle parts, like seat belts and airbags
- Defective medical devices
- Absent or ineffective product warnings
- Other defective products
Many people feel discouraged at the idea of pursuing damages from a billion-dollar company. Yet, regardless of how you were harmed, we will fight to ensure that you are properly compensated for your injuries.
How Will You Be Compensated if Your Case Is Successful?
Compensation is determined in a number of ways and based on a number of factors. While every case is different, you could seek;
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
- Diminished earning capacity
- Funeral expenses (if you lost a loved one to a dangerous product)
- Pain and suffering
Our Florida product liability lawyers understand the toll that product-based injuries can take on you and your family, and we believe that big companies should always be held liable when you are harmed by their dangerous or defective products.
And, although no law firm can guarantee that your case will be successful, what we can guarantee you is that we’ll do everything in our power to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Who Is Responsible for My Product Liability Injury in Florida?
One or more of the following parties could bear liability for your losses:
- The company that designed and/or tested the product
- The manufacturer that created the parts or assembled the product
- The packaging company
- The company that sold and distributed the product
- The retailer where you purchased the product
Many personal injury cases require us to prove negligence, meaning that another party’s recklessness caused you harm. This is not a required element in product liability cases, however. Usually, we must show that because you used a product as instructed, you suffered grievous harm.
Here’s an example to understand this legal concept. Suppose you were talking on a cellphone when the battery exploded, leaving you with painful burns. To pursue compensation, we must prove that because you used a defective product and suffered harm, the phone’s manufacturer should pay for your losses.
We Advocate for People Suffering from These Conditions in Florida
We can help you or your loved one seek compensation for a variety of injuries caused by product defects, such as:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Illnesses caused by toxic exposure
- Internal bleeding
We also advocate for families who have lost loved ones.
How Product Defects Cause Injuries
In product liability cases, there are generally three ways in which a product can be defective:
- Design defects, which occur when an inherent flaw in a product’s design causes harm. This can affect entire lines of products––not just one item. An example of a design defect would be cars prone to rollovers.
- Manufacturing defects, which is when a problem in the manufacturing process creates a defective item. For instance, poorly-manufactured batteries can leak acid and cause serious burns.
- Failure to warn or marketing defects, which occur when a product does not have adequate instructions or warnings about the product’s potential hazards. For instance, if a medication doesn’t list side effects on the label, this could cause harm and warrant a product liability case.
The Consumer Protection Safety Commission recalls countless defective products each year. Yet, a product can remain on the shelves for years before the organization learns of any injuries. When this happens, a line of products can injure dozens of people––and they have legal options.
We Consistently Get Five-Star Reviews
Satisfied clients from our firm have disclosed:
- “Michelle is the best! Loved dealing with her especially with my auto accident case the past 4 years. She is so professional and really cares about her clients….I have been very pleased with how efficient she is and so caring & thoughtful.” ––B.H.
- “Michele from GED Lawyers was super easy to work with. She was very adamant about helping me retrieve and provide the proper information to follow through with my claim. This was especially helpful since I was dealing with the overall stress of the situation.” ––R.H.
- “The entire GED Law team is amazing. They are very upfront about your case, where it could lead and disclose every foreseeable step. Nothing is pleasant about a personal injury case, however having good people like Al Johnson and Mark Packo on your side make a huge difference.” ––C.F.
If You Have Been Harmed by a Defective Product, Contact Us Today
At GED Lawyers, our product liability attorneys are willing to take on any company, no matter its size. If you’ve been harmed by a product, we will fight for you. We have a staff of professionals who are fluent in several languages, and we are dedicated to helping all members of our community receive the compensation they deserve. In addition, we will take your product liability case on a contingency-fee basis, so you owe us nothing unless we win.
So, if you’ve been harmed in any way by a product, act now. Contact us immediately to speak with one of our dedicated product liability attorneys today.