When you purchase a product, you do so with the hope that it will work safely in the way it was intended. Unfortunately, not all products are safe for use, and many can cause severe injury or death, even when used as instructed.
If you or someone you love is injured or sick after using a product, you may be able to file a claim or lawsuit for your injuries. Our Rehoboth product liability lawyer at GED Lawyers is here to help you navigate complex liability laws, so you can seek the compensation you deserve.
Damages You Can Recover in a Product Liability Case
When a dangerous product injures you, our Rehoboth personal injury lawyer can help you file a claim or lawsuit to recover compensation. You could recover both economic and non-economic damages to help you get your life back on track after facing an injury.
Economic damages are the losses you sustained that have a monetary value associated with them. Some examples of economic damages you can recover include:
- Your medical bills associated with the injury the product caused
- The income you lost if you needed time away from work because of your injuries
- Reduced earning capacity if your injury prevents you from working the same job you once did
You can also recover non-economic damages for your intangible losses. These include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If your loved one passes away because of a defective product, our team can help you recover wrongful death damages. We will calculate the total cost of all your losses to help you recover compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a product liability lawyer serving Rehoboth, call (561) 995-1966
Our Rehoboth Attorneys Represent Victims of Product Defect Injuries
Over the past two decades, our firm has established a reputation for effective representation in a wide variety of injury cases. Our case results speak for themselves, and we have helped out clients recover millions of dollars in settlements.
With extensive hands-on experience in a variety of Massachusetts injury cases, we are well aware of the difficulties presented by product liability and negligence laws. In fact, our attorneys have successfully represented clients in numerous product defect cases for dangerous drugs, personal care products, medical devices, and vehicle defects.
Let Our Team Handle the Legalities
When you have suffered an injury from a product you believed to be safe, the physical, mental, and financial toll can be heavy. At GED Lawyers, we know that your product defect injury can create a host of problems, from hospital bills and lost income to chronic disability and mental anguish. We will fight on your behalf for fair compensation from even the largest corporations.
Our lawyers will:
- Establish your case’s value
- Collect documentation and evidence to support your claims
- Negotiate with the at-fault parties, including insurance companies and opposing counsel
- File a lawsuit for your injuries
While many injury cases settle out of court, our attorneys will gladly take your case before a judge and jury if a suitable settlement cannot be reached.
Rehoboth Product Liability Lawyer Near Me (561) 995-1966
Common Product Defect Liability Cases We Can Handle
With so many different consumer products on the market, it is no surprise that a wide range of injuries can occur due to product defects. Some of the most common causes of product defect cases are:
- Incorrect warnings, instructions, or other critical information
- Defective manufacturing
- Design defects
In essence, a product is considered defective if it does not operate or act in the way that it was designed, manufactured, or advertised. Examples of product defects include:
- Drugs with incorrect formulation or dosage
- A hip or knee replacement that does not work properly
- A medical device, such as a pacemaker or insulin pump, that does not operate correctly
- Carcinogenic substances in personal care products or drugs, which can cause cancer
- Missing or inadequate product warnings on a children’s toy
We know that it can be daunting to take on a large corporation, but we will do the heavy lifting. Let our attorneys fight for your right to fair compensation for injuries you sustained due to a product defect.
Supporting Your Product Liability Case
For you to recover compensation in a product liability case, we must demonstrate proof that the product was the cause of your injuries. Specifically, you must prove:
- The product was defective
- There are laws or standards to protect you from such defects
- The product defect occurred as a direct result of a violation of these laws or standards
- You were injured due to the defect that occurred because of this violation
To prove the above, your attorney will compile evidence from your doctor, the product manufacturer, the distributor, or the retailer that provided you with the product. This proof can help us link the product to the injuries you sustained.
Evidence You Can Use in a Product Defect Case
Our legal team will gather the necessary information on your behalf. Evidence we may use to support your claim includes:
- Photos of your injuries and the defective product
- Doctor’s notes, medical bills, and other medical records
- Expert testimony regarding industry standards, manufacturing processes, and other relevant information
- Product details, including packaging, labels, and instruction booklets
- Relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards
No matter how complex your case is, we will work to obtain all the necessary information to substantiate your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Consumer Protection Measures Are Designed to Prevent Injury
In an effort to prevent consumer injuries and illness, numerous laws and industry standards have been created on the local, state, federal, and international levels. Product safety regulations and agencies include:
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS)
Each of the above agencies offers important standardization and oversight for products ranging from electronics and household goods to drugs, personal care products, and even motor vehicles.
When a manufacturer, distributor, or other entity in the supply chain fails to meet the established standards and regulations for product safety, the results can be catastrophic. The product liability attorneys at GED Lawyers are familiar with the challenges inherent in Rehoboth product defect cases. We will walk you through the legal process and demand the compensation you deserve.
Contact GED Lawyers for a Free Consultation
Our Rehoboth product liability lawyer can help you with every aspect of your case. We have experience fighting for clients like you, and we can help you reach a fair case outcome.
Don’t hesitate to get started on your case. Reach out to GED Lawyers today to get started with a free consultation.