Fire damage can be devastating, and an insurance policy may be the only buffer between you and severe financial losses. Unfortunately, insurance companies do not always act in good faith or honor their contracts.
Whether you have already received a claim denial or are earlier in the insurance process, a Sarasota fire damage claims lawyer from our firm can lead the way, fighting for the coverage you’re entitled to.
Fire-Related Damage Your Property Insurance Policy Should Cover
The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (FOIR) notes that fire and smoke are among the top 10 covered perils common to homeowners’ insurance policies. Other property-related policies, like renters and commercial property insurance, also generally cover fire and smoke damage.
Some specific losses that may entitle you to compensation include damage to:
- The structure of your property, including walls, floors, and the roof
- Electrical wiring, plumbing, and other structural components of the property
Each policy contains unique details that we must consider. However, fire-related policies often have broad coverage. So long as you did not intend to start the fire, you could likely get all of the compensation your insurance policy entitled you to.
Tactics Sarasota Insurers May Use to Undermine Your Fire Damage Claim
Insurance companies know how costly fires can be. Though they issue policies that cover fire damage, these insurance companies hope they’ll never have to pay on those policies. They gladly accept premium payments but often drag their feet when it comes time to reimburse policyholders.
Tactics we may see from bad-faith insurance companies include:
- Claiming that you or someone else started the fire intentionally
- Undervaluing the cost of your fire-related losses
- Offering a lowball settlement and pressuring you to accept
- Misrepresenting the details of your policy
Our firm can combat these and any other bad-faith tactics. Using evidence and skillful legal approaches, we can work tirelessly to hold your insurer responsible for the policy they issued you.
How a Fire Damage Claim Attorney from GED Lawyers Can Fight for Your Benefits
The GED Lawyers team in Sarasota can fight hard for the compensation you deserve. We can handle every step of the claims process on your behalf, including:
- Completing an independent investigation of the fire
- Hiring expert witnesses to diagnose how the fire happened
- Calculating the exact cost of all your fire-related losses
- Documenting your fire-related losses with photographs, receipts, and other documentation
- Managing all communications with insurers
- Leading settlement negotiations
- Protecting your rights throughout the claims process
- Advising you on whether to accept a settlement offer or continue fighting for fair compensation
Depending on the details of the fire affecting your property, a lawsuit could be an option. For example, the manufacturer of a defective stove could be financially liable for the harm the defect has caused you.
Why Hire GED Lawyers for Your Sarasota Fire Damage Claim?
At GED Lawyers, we frequently encounter clients whose lives have been upended by unexpected fires. Our firm stands strong and provides clear, reliable guidance for those affected by fires in Sarasota. We can be a powerful advocate when you need one the most.
You may choose GED Lawyers to lead your Sarasota fire damage claim because:
- Fire damage claims are an important practice area for GED Lawyers: Our firm is passionate about helping victims who suffer harm through no fault of their own. Fires are among the most traumatic, unexpected, and costly hazards Sarasotans experience.
- We know Sarasota well: GED Lawyers has an office in Sarasota, and we consider this city home. Our commitment to the community shows in the tenacity we use when handling fire damage claims.
- We’re familiar with local insurers (and fearless when negotiating with them): We handle claims in Sarasota daily. We know the insurers that issue homeowners’ policies in the area, and we’ve negotiated settlements with them.
- You can be our priority: Our clients keep our firm running. Without you, we wouldn’t be able to do the job we love. We show compassion, respect, and attention to detail when handling any fire damage claim in Sarasota.
- We never settle for less than you deserve: We know what to do when insurers refuse to compensate you fairly. The GED Lawyers team can exhaust every negotiating channel and can fight tirelessly for the compensation you deserve.
GED Lawyers have treated clients like family since we opened in 1995. Our experienced legal team can fight for the insurance benefits you’ve paid for.
Our Former Clients Love How We’ve Helped Them Get Fair Compensation
Our clients cannot say enough about our compassionate client service:
- “Very helpful and professional customer service. Superb experience. Highly recommend.” – Eyad A.
- “I was struggling, trying to deal with our insurance company to obtain proper reimbursement from them for damages we suffered…I hired Ged Lawyers to take over the claim and things are now starting to advance accordingly. Finally, I feel we can expect to be treated fairly!” – Alan L.
- “Knowledgeable, great communication, and friendly.” – Gina R.
As our client, you’ll experience firsthand the peace of mind that comes with having GED Lawyers fighting for your financial recovery.
Hire Us at No Upfront or Out-of-Pocket Cost
At GED Lawyers, we require no upfront compensation from you. Our lawyers work on contingency, which means you won’t have to worry about any surprise fees or costs. We only get paid if we secure money for you.
Call GED Lawyers Today for a Free Consultation About Your Sarasota Fire Damage Claim
Do not wait to call, as the claims process involves several time-sensitive steps. We want you to focus on getting back to normal life. We can deal with insurers for you and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Contact GED Lawyers today for your free consultation about hiring a Sarasota fire damage claims lawyer.