Recovering from a house fire can be a financially and emotionally daunting process. If your home in Rehoboth was recently damaged in a fire, GED Lawyers can help. Our Rehoboth fire damage claim accident lawyer will review your homeowners’ or fire insurance policy in detail. When we represent you, our goal is to ensure you get the compensation you need to repair or rebuild your home.
Our law firm will help you accurately assess your damages, understand the limitations of your policy and its coverage options, and file a detailed and complete claim. A fire can displace your family and leave you with a plethora of insurance paperwork to contend with. While you take care of your family, our legal team will get to work on your case.
Recovering From Fire Damage Can Be Expensive and Extensive
According to Massachusetts Fire Incident Reporting System (MFIRS) data, there were 25,366 fires across the state in 2021, resulting in $309 million in damages. If your property was damaged in a fire, the costs of repairing or rebuilding can be substantial. Every case will vary, but your recovery costs can include:
- Personal property damage
- Property and outbuilding repair
- Relocation expenses
- Smoke and soot removal
- Water damage and cleanup
Our Rehoboth lawyers can help you recover these damages. We will handle the complex process of negotiating with your insurance company, so you do not have to. Our goal is to ensure you receive the best possible financial outcome so you can start restoring your property and rebuilding your life.
Do Not Hesitate to Put Our Fire Damage Team to Work on Your Claim
It is never too early to notify our law firm of your fire and intent to seek coverage. In fact, the sooner you get our fire damage attorney involved in your claim, the better. In Rehoboth, you generally have three years from the date of the fire to file a lawsuit if a settlement cannot be reached, per MGL c. 260 § 2A.
Taking your case to court is unlikely. If settlement negotiations are prolonged or a favorable settlement is not forthcoming, we will ensure your lawsuit is filed within the allotted time.
Our Fire Damage Accident Lawyer Fights Hard for Our Rehoboth Clients
If you protected your dwelling with homeowners’ insurance, including fire and extended coverage, we can help. Bring our fire damage claim accident lawyer a copy of all policies that apply to your Rehoboth property. On your behalf, we will:
- Ensure your insurer receives timely notification of your fire
- Confirm that all notification and filing deadlines are met on your behalf
- Carefully review all policies, including details and fine print
- Assess the limitations of your policy and its definition of covered losses
- Clarify potentially confusing legal and insurance language and jargon
- Negotiate a favorable monetary settlement or take your case to court
Leave the challenge of dealing with your insurance company to our team at GED Lawyers. We will handle every aspect of your claim and fight hard to get you and your family back into your home.
We Will Help You Create a Comprehensive List of Damages Caused by a Fire
Assessing and listing fire damage can be time-consuming, emotionally challenging, and frustrating. Our law firm is committed to helping you through every aspect of your case. That includes creating a detailed and clearly defined list of your covered losses. We will ensure you have:
- Photos and videos of your property
- Before photos, where available
- Receipts for boarding windows and doors
- Receipts for any damaged or lost personal property
Our legal team will also help you avoid potentially costly errors. This can include accepting a speedy but insufficient settlement. It can also include explaining the potential harm of social media posts, pictures, videos, and new friend requests. We also help you avoid mistakes, misspellings, and other errors that might delay the processing of your application.
GED Lawyer Can Help if Bad-Faith Insurance Practices Affect Your Claim
Your insurance company is required to handle your fire damage claim fairly and above board. If they do not, their actions could constitute bad faith insurance practices. According to MGL c.176D § 3, bad-faith tactics can include:
- Intentionally misrepresenting or falsifying the limitations of your policy
- Failing to acknowledge your claim or refusing to correspond with you
- Misrepresenting the facts and provisions of your policy
- Failure to investigate your fire damage in a timely manner
- Refusing to resolve your valid claim with a fair and reasonable settlement
- Denying your claim without valid cause or an offer of compromise
If you believe your insurance company’s actions are unfair or unscrupulous, do not hesitate to put our team to work for you. We will examine all claim-related correspondence and handle communication with the insurer on your behalf.
Know What to Do if Your Initial Application for Damages Is Denied
You do not have to accept a denial of your compensation request or a lowball financial offer without a fight. If your application was denied or the settlement offer you received was insufficient, our client-focused team will:
- Read and review all correspondence from your insurer
- Focus on the specific reason your request was denied
- Provide photos and other documentation of the extent of your property damage
- Consult fire damage and other subject matter experts as needed
As a responsible property owner in Rehoboth, you purchased insurance to help you recover from devastating property damage. Our fire damage claim accident attorney will explain the options you have available and help you keep fighting for the fair and appropriate compensation you need and deserve.
Get a Free Review of Your Fire Damage Claim Case
Are you dealing with the aftermath of a fire in Rehoboth? When our fire damage claim accident lawyer represents you, we take on your insurance company on your behalf. If your initial claim was denied, we will help you file an appeal or fight an unreasonably low settlement offer.
Contact one of our team members at GED Lawyers for a free review of your case today.