In the aftermath of a fire, insurance claims can assist individuals and businesses with repairs and other expenses. However, these claims aren’t always approved, leaving fire victims feeling stranded.
If you’re struggling with the fire damage claims process, facing a claim denial, or you believe your insurer is offering you a lowball settlement, GED Lawyers can represent you. A Boca Raton fire damage claims lawyer from our team can fight for your compensation and stand up for your best interests.
Why Hire a Boca Raton Fire Damage Claims Lawyer from Our Firm?
Filing a fire damages claim isn’t always straightforward. As a claimant, you may be struggling with the following:
- A highly complex claim
- A denied claim
- Insurers offering you less than you deserve
- Understanding the specifics of your insurance policy
- The claims submission process
A Boca Raton fire damage claims lawyer can handle these challenges, providing clarity and peace of mind. By hiring a lawyer, you signal to your insurer that they can’t push you around. Remember, you don’t need to face large insurance companies alone.
What Our Fire Damage Lawyer in Boca Raton Will Do for Your Case
At GED Lawyers, we have two goals: to ensure you’re comfortable throughout the claims process and fight for a fair settlement offer. To accomplish these goals, we offer our clients the following services:
- Documenting the fire damage to your property: Documentation is vital in a fire damage claim. Our team will take photos and videos and otherwise gather evidence to document the fire damage to your property. This allows us to estimate what your losses are worth and submit a complete claim to insurers.
- Submitting and managing your claim: Our team can handle your claim from start to finish. We will submit your claim, gather relevant documentation, and communicate with your insurer.
- Reviewing your insurance policy: Insurance policies are often complicated. We will review your policy details to ensure that fire damage is covered in your policy.
- Entering negotiations: If your claim was denied, or your insurer isn’t offering you enough to cover your losses, we can undergo negotiations on your behalf.
- Providing compassionate support: The aftermath of a fire that damages your property is often stressful and confusing. Our team is here to listen and provide you with compassionate support during this difficult time. To us, you’re an individual, not a case number.
The Cost of a Fire Damage Claims Lawyer from Our Firm
At GED Lawyers, we work on a contingency-fee basis. Our team requires no upfront fees. We only get paid if your case is won or settled. Because of this payment arrangement, it’s possible to hire a legal team with decades of experience completely risk-free.
For a free legal consultation with a fire damage claims lawyer serving Boca Raton, call (561) 995-1966
What Fire Damage Losses does Your Insurance Policy Cover?
Homeowners’ and business owners’ insurance typically covers several types of losses associated with fire damage. However, remember that every policy is different. You could recover the following types of damages, depending on your policy:
- Property repairs: Property and business owner’s insurance often covers post-fire repairs. This includes your home or business, alongside other structures on your property, like a shed or garage.
- Replacement of personal belongings: In a fire, it’s not uncommon for personal belongings to be damaged or lost. Many policies will reimburse you for the costs of replacing your personal belongings.
- Loss of use: When your home or business is damaged, it’s common to face expenses caused by loss of use. This might include temporary housing costs or larger food expenses for a family because they can’t use their kitchen and need to eat out. Similarly, businesses can deal with a loss of operating revenue while they’re closed for repairs. You could receive coverage for these losses and expenses depending on your policy.
Our team is here to help you navigate the specifics of your insurance policy. Before submitting a claim, knowing what is and isn’t covered is essential. This way, it’ll be obvious when your insurer isn’t upholding their end of the deal.
Boca Raton Fire Damage Claims Lawyer Near Me (561) 995-1966
Why Are Fire Damage Claims Denied in Boca Raton?
There are several reasons fire damage claims are denied, including:
- Your policy doesn’t cover fire damage
- You missed your filing deadline
- You didn’t provide enough evidence with your claim
- Your insurer believes fraud is involved with your claim
- You missed insurance premium payments
These are considered “legitimate” reasons for a denial. However, it’s possible that your insurer is operating in bad faith or offering you less than you deserve. In the case of a denial, a Boca Raton fire damage claims lawyer from our team can fight to protect your right to fair compensation.
What Should You Do if Your Claim Was Denied?
If your claim was denied, you could dispute the denial. Before doing so, your lawyer can work with you to:
- Closely review the reason for the denial
- Carefully gather evidence to dispute the denial
- Contact your insurer and escalate the denial to management if needed
Handling communications with insurance providers can be tricky. Luckily, our team is here to handle this for you.
Click to contact our Boca Raton Personal Injury Lawyers today
You Have Rights as a Fire Damage Insurance Consumer
As a resident of Boca Raton, you have several rights as an insurance consumer, per the Florida Homeowners’ Claims Bill of Rights. They include the following:
- The right to a timely claims process: The Florida Homeowners’ Claims Bill of Rights imposes several deadlines on insurers. They must acknowledge your claim within 14 days, and within 90 days, they must pay the undisputed portion of your claim.
- Protection from bad faith insurance practices: As an insurance consumer, you are protected from bad faith insurance practices. Examples of bad faith insurance practices include failing to settle a claim promptly or underpaying a claim without proper justification.
Violation of these rights can be grounds for legal action. Our team can review your case, determine if your insurer is operating in bad faith, and respond accordingly. We aren’t afraid of taking your case to court if needed.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Causes of Fire Damage in Boca Raton
Research from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) suggests that property fires are typically caused by the following:
- Cooking accidents
- Heating equipment
- Lighting and electrical currents
- Smoking indoors
Speak With Our Boca Raton Fire Damage Claims Team Today
Our team is accepting inquiries from individuals dealing with fire damage claims in Boca Raton. We can provide you with a free case evaluation. During this initial meeting, we can discuss the specifics of your case and explain what our team can do for you. Contact us today to get started.
Call or text (561) 995-1966 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form