If you or a loved one was injured during a cruise, the cruise line could be responsible for compensating you. Dealing with representatives for the cruise line or adjusters for its insurance company can be complicated on your own. Our personal injury lawyer has familiarity with state and local laws and regulations which means we can handle all the moving parts of your case.
Our cruise ship accident lawyer will investigate the accident and its causes and contributing factors. We also collect physical evidence and documents that support your case. One of our team members will review your case at no cost or obligation and explain your rights and the cruise line’s responsibilities. At Ged Lawyers, we never stop fighting for you and your family or for the financial compensation you need and deserve. Call us today for a free initial consultation.
Our Cruise Ship Accident Attorney Will Request Fair Financial Compensation
Understanding the various types of damages recoverable in a cruise ship accident lawsuit can be challenging. Our legal team will explain the value of your case based on the severity of your injuries and other factors.
Accordingly, we request the following recoverable damages on your behalf:
- Known and anticipated medical bills
- Known and anticipated income loss
- Damaged or destroyed personal property
- Ongoing physical pain and suffering
- Ongoing mental and emotional trauma
- Lasting impairment and disfigurement
While we build a case file that proves the cause of your accident, we also build one that supports the value of your financial recovery. This portion of your case file will include medical bills, income statements, medical records, and property repair or replacement estimates.
What You Need to Know About the Statute of Limitations
Understanding the personal injury statute of limitations—and complying with it—is critical for your cruise ship accident case.
According to Florida Statutes § 95.11, you generally have two years to file your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. The same filing deadline applies to premises liability cases. If you miss the filing deadline, you could inadvertently lose the right to file your lawsuit at all or it will be dismissed out of hand. In Massachusetts, Mass. Gen. Laws ch. 260 § 2A generally gives you three years to file your case.
Our cruise ship accident lawyer will explain the filing deadline and how it applies to your potential lawsuit. They will also explain any factors that could extend or delay the filing deadline.
How Our Cruise Ship Accident Lawyer Helps You Seek Financial Compensation
Obtaining compensation after an accident on a cruise ship can be a trying and potentially daunting process. When you hire our personal injury law firm, we handle all the details and legwork for you. While you focus on getting better, our legal team will:
- Explain your rights and the responsibilities of our cruise ship lawyer
- Complete and submit the required documents and forms
- Accurately assess the monetary value of your damage request
- Handle the filing of your lawsuit and any court appearances
We also handle all communication on every level, including with the cruise company, lay and expert witnesses, the insurance company, and their adjuster.
Personal Injury Clients Recommend Ged Lawyers in Online Testimonials
When clients we represented in the past talk about our commitment to 360-degree client service and support, they say:
- Cathy Maldonado: “I want [to] thank Maria Colon and her amazing team for all their support, time, and help that they’ve done for me. Highly recommend them.”
- Gina Rafferty: “Knowledgeable, great communication, and friendly.”
- Eyad Albuhaisi: “Very helpful and professional customer service. Superb experience. Highly recommend. Service from start to finish and some more.”
Our entire team is dedicated to every client we represent and to treating you like an individual, not a case file. Find additional testimonials from satisfied clients on our reviews page.
Common Accidents and Resulting Injuries on Cruise Ships
While fun and exciting, a cruise ship can also be dangerous with slick, slippery surfaces, and other potential hazards. At Ged Lawyers, our cruise ship injury lawyers fight for compensation for clients injured in any of the following ways:
- Slip and fall accidents on pool decks, stairs, gift shops, and restaurants
- Drowning in an onboard pool or falling overboard
- Food poisoning or other food-borne illnesses
- Elevator and escalator accidents
- Burns, fires, and accidents from falling objects or debris
Injuries resulting from accidents like these include head and brain injuries, back and spine injuries, and broken or fractured bones. Our cruise ship accident lawyer will carefully document your injuries, recovery times, and related expenses.
Our Law Firm Fights for Damages for Cruise Ship Accidents Due to Negligence
When seeking compensation for cruise ship injuries, you are required to prove negligence. That means proving that a private or major cruise line:
- Owed you a duty of care
- Breached their legal duty
- Caused your accident
- Caused financial consequences
Our legal team investigates your accident to identify its cause and the negligence that led to it. We also build a persuasive case file that supports your case and can help us steer its resolution toward a settlement rather than a trial.
Evidence We Collect to Support Your Cruise Ship Injury Case
To support your right to financial recovery, our cruise ship accident lawyer will collect the following evidence:
- Ship, deck, pool, and other maintenance records
- Your cruise ticket
- Hiring and training records for the ship’s crew members
- Medical records, describing your injuries and their cause
- Ship, security, smartphone, and other photos and videos
- Statements from lay and expert witnesses
We will not tax you or your family with evidence collection. Instead, our team handles it for you, including organizing your evidence and presenting it to the cruise line’s representatives.
We Aren’t Afraid to Stand Up to Big-Name Cruise Companies
At Ged Lawyers, we can handle your case, even if it involves major cruise ship companies like:
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines
- Celebrity Cruises
- Carnival Cruise Lines
- Norwegian Cruise Lines
- Disney Cruise Lines
- Princess Cruises
Our cruise ship attorney aims to help you recover fair compensation. We will represent you against any party who caused your injuries.
Contact Our Team for Your Free Personal Injury Claim Review
If you or someone you love was injured in a negligence-based accident while cruising, our law firm can help you build a strong case for monetary recovery. At Ged Lawyers, our cruise ship accident lawyer will identify the cause of your injuries and document the value of your case.
Get started fighting for compensation now by contacting our consultation team for your no-cost, no-obligation review.