Pedestrian & Bicycle Accident Lawyers
Boca Raton, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Florida
Pedestrian accidents almost always cause serious injuries which require an experienced West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer if they are to be properly evaluated and a case brought to trial. But determining who is negligent in pedestrian cases can be tricky. Many factors must be taken into account:
- Were you paying attention to traffic when you crossed?
- Were you jaywalking or crossing in a designated crosswalk?
- Did the car run a red light?
A third party can also be responsible in pedestrian accidents. For example, if a crossing signal or traffic light malfunctioned, it may be possible to hold the municipality responsible for failing to adequately maintain or repair the light.
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, contact the Ft. Lauderdale Personal Injury Lawyers at Ged Lawyers, LLP as soon as you can. We will examine all the circumstances surrounding the accident to determine whether a claim for damages may be brought on your behalf. Our West Palm Beach accident attorneys have the experience necessary to handle all such claims, and the skill to bring your case to trial when necessary, to obtain the maximum recovery for your injuries.
Bicycle accidents are another type of road accident that usually cause serious injury. Some common scenarios for bicycle accidents include:
- A motor vehicle driver turning directly in front of a bicyclist;
- An automobile driver entering the street from a driveway or parking spot and pulling out into traffic in front of the bicyclist;
- A motorist’s failure to yield at an intersection or running a stop sign or red light;
- A vehicle driver’s inattention while driving past a bicyclist;
- An automobile driver’s failure to look both ways when resuming travel after stopping at a stop sign;
- An automobile driver under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Bicycle riders are subject to the same traffic laws as motorists and must obey all the same road signs. On the other hand, motor vehicle operators must be extra attentive to bicycle riders, as a bicycle is so much less noticeable than an auto or truck. Drivers must equate a bicycle with a motor vehicle and observe the same laws to protect the riders.
In all pedestrian and bicycle accident cases it is essential that measures be taken promptly to preserve evidence, investigate the accident in question, and to enable physicians or other expert witnesses to thoroughly evaluate any injuries. An experienced Fort Lauderdale accident attorney can be an invaluable source of guidance for you during this time.
If you are in Florida, and have been a victim of a pedestrian or bicycle accident, Contact Ged Lawyers, LLP now. Our Fort Lauderdale pedestrian and bicycle accident lawyers have experience in successfully handling these types of cases. We’ll look into your circumstances, assess whether you might have a valid claim, and if so, will proceed to make preparations and gather information for you. Your initial case review with a West Palm Beach accident attorney is free of charge, so call or email us today.