If you suffered injuries in a Coral Springs rideshare accident, you may have options for seeking compensation. Your options will depend on the circumstances, the severity of your injuries, and several other factors.
A Coral Springs auto accident lawyer from Ged Lawyers represents victims hurt in rideshare crashes. We can help you hold the at-fault parties responsible by navigating the insurance claims process and negotiating with the insurance carriers. Contact us today for a free consultation with our team.
Damages Recoverable by a Coral Springs Rideshare Accident Lawyer
Our Coral Springs lawyers recover money for clients based on their unique expenses and losses. We determine how much the accident cost them economically and non-economically, including any future costs. Then, we seek a payout from the insurance carrier that covers these losses.
Each case is different, but the financial recovery for a rideshare accident victim with serious injuries could cover:
- Medical care and other related expenses, current and future
- Income losses because of time missed at work
- Diminished earning capacity due to long-term injuries
- Miscellaneous expenses with receipts
- Pain and suffering damages
Our wrongful death lawyers also represent families who lost a loved one in a rideshare accident. Under Florida law, a victim’s personal representative can pursue compensation for their survivors following a fatal crash. Our attorneys know how to manage these cases and seek a payout for the victim’s loved ones. Contact us today to learn more.
A Rideshare Accident Attorney Can Help With Your Crash
At Ged Lawyers, our attorneys understand how rideshare accident liability works and how to navigate the claims process to recover compensation for our clients. We are here to help whether you were a rideshare rider, in another vehicle hit by a rideshare driver, or hit as a pedestrian or bicyclist.
We provide a wide range of services to our Coral Springs, FL, clients recovering from their car accident injuries. This includes:
- Keeping them updated about case progress
- Returning their calls and answering questions quickly
- Identifying the liable parties
- Gathering evidence and developing a compelling case
- Valuing the case
- Negotiating a fair settlement when possible
As our case results show, we aggressively pursue the money our clients need and deserve based on the circumstances. We may recover compensation to cover all your current and future medical care, lost income, and more.
We represent our clients based on contingency. We never charge upfront fees or ask clients to pay unless we secure compensation for them in their case.
Our Rideshare Accident Lawyers Can Explain Fault and Liability
When a Coral Springs personal injury lawyer handles an injury case, we must determine what happened, whose negligence caused the accident, and who is liable. These are the first steps necessary before we can review the insurance coverage available and explore the victim’s options for financial recovery.
When a rideshare driver causes a crash, we document their negligence. However, the insurance coverage is more complex in these cases. Which policy is in effect at the time of an Uber or Lyft crash depends on what the driver was doing when the accident occurred. There are three distinct phases:
- They are not on the app
- They are on the app but not matched with a rider
- They are matched with a rider, meaning they are on the way to get the rider or have the rider in the car
Each phase has its own insurance coverage, meaning we must determine which phase the driver was in before we can file a claim. Our lawyers manage this as a part of investigating the accident and handling the claim. In general:
- When the driver is not on the app, their personal insurance coverage would apply, and this would proceed like a typical car accident case
- When the driver is not matched with a rider, the rideshare company provides contingency coverage if the personal policy will not cover it or does not provide enough coverage
- When the driver is matched with a rider or has a rider in the car, the rideshare company has a $1 million+ liability primary policy
Our Coral Springs Rideshare Collision Attorney Will Handle Your Claim
When our attorneys handle a Coral Springs crash, they analyze the victim’s options based on Florida law, the severity of the injuries, and other key factors. They explain these options to the victim and discuss their next steps. Options after an Uber or Lyft crash could include:
- Filing a personal injury protection (PIP) claim for minor or moderate injuries
- Filing an insurance claim based on the rideshare driver or company’s coverage
- Suing the driver or rideshare company
Most of these cases settle without going to trial. Many do not require a lawsuit, even when serious injuries are involved. Our attorneys present strong evidence to the driver or rideshare driver’s insurance carrier and negotiate with them until they offer a fair settlement for our client’s recoverable damages.
Let Our Rideshare Accident Lawyer Review Your Case
You only have a limited time to hold the rideshare company and/or driver responsible for your serious injuries. Florida lawmakers reduced the statute of limitations in 2023 to only two years from the crash date.
In addition, evidence is easier to identify, preserve, and analyze in the initial days and weeks after the crash. We often find evidence during the first few weeks following a crash that is unavailable later. This could include video, additional witnesses, and more. Contact us about your case as soon as your injuries allow so we can go to work quickly.
Discuss Your Coral Springs Rideshare Accident Injury Today for Free
Ged Lawyers provides free consultations for accident victims in Coral Springs. You can speak to a team member about your accident and injuries today at no cost to you or your family. We will assess your options and explain how our lawyers can help.
Contact us online or via telephone to get started.