Gas pipeline explosions can cause severe physical injuries and expensive property damage. If you or your loved one suffered physical harm or financial losses because of a defective pipeline, a Rehoboth, MA, pipe explosion lawyer can help you pursue compensation with a product liability claim or lawsuit.
Our Massachusetts attorneys have decades of legal experience they can put behind your case. We will fight to secure awards for your medical care, home or business repairs, lost income, and more.
We Will Hold Liable Parties Accountable for Your Pipe Explosion Damages
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts reports that approximately 1,000 miles of interstate gas pipeline run beneath our state. Unfortunately, many of these pipes are aging and insufficiently maintained, resulting in gas leaks that can cause explosions.
If a pipe explosion injured you or your loved one or your home or business sustained damage, our Rehoboth pipe explosion lawyer can help you hold negligent pipeline manufacturers, owners, and others financially liable for your damages. Our team will:
- Investigate the pipe explosion that caused your injuries and financial losses
- Identify liable parties
- Identify and calculate your damages
- Prepare and file your insurance claims or lawsuits
- Collect evidence
- Handle case-related phone calls and emails
- Represent you during meetings and appearances and attend in your place when possible
- Negotiate with the insurance company or opposing counsel to secure the most advantageous possible settlement
- Take your case to trial if necessary
Depending on the circumstances of your case, liable parties may include one of three companies that own gas pipelines in Massachusetts (Algonquin Gas Transmission Company, Tennessee Gas Pipeline Company, and Maritimes and Northeast Pipelines Company). The liable party may also be another entity involved in propane or natural gas manufacturing and distributing processes.
Pipe Explosion Causes
There are several manufacturing defects and other issues that can lead to a pipe explosion. Our personal injury lawyers can help with cases involving:
- Defective pipes
- Aging pipes
- Defective gas tanks
- Over pressurized gas lines
- Negligent pipeline maintenance
- Lack of pipeline worker training
- Defective or improperly installed gas appliances
- Digging or excavation work
Proving Your Product Liability Case
According to Mass. Gen. Laws ch. 106 § 2-314, Massachusetts holds manufacturers strictly liable for defective products. This means that the maker of a defective product is financially responsible for harm caused by the product, regardless of if they acted negligently. In general, to establish product liability, you must prove the presence of one of the following defects:
- Design defects, which are inherent in a product’s design, meaning that even if manufactured property, the defect exists
- Manufacturing defects, which occur during a product’s production
- Marketing defects, which result from improper product instructions or a failure to warn consumers of a product’s potential dangers
Our Rehoboth pipe explosion lawyers can build your case and prove your right to compensation using:
- Photographs or video footage of the defective pipeline or other defective product
- Photos and video of your injuries and property damages
- Evidence from the facility that made the defective product
- Product designs or blueprints
- Police reports or official accident reports
- Pipeline maintenance records
- Eyewitness accounts
- Testimony from gas industry professionals and other subject matter experts
- Medical records, bills, receipts, repair estimates, and other proof of your injuries and damages
Our Attorneys Will Seek Maximum Recovery for Your Losses
Since 1995, GED Lawyers has helped clients in Massachusetts and across the United States recover millions of dollars in compensation. If you have injuries and other financial losses due to a Massachusetts pipe explosion, the responsible party should pay – not you or your family. Our Rehoboth lawyers can help you seek compensation for:
A pipe explosion can cause severe injuries, including burns, broken bones, and head and spinal injuries. Our attorneys can help you pursue your past and future accident-related medical costs, including:
- Ambulance transportation
- Emergency department services
- Medical procedures
- Mobility aids
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Burn treatments
- Long-term nursing care
If you cannot work due to a pipe explosion injury, we can seek awards for your lost income and benefits. In addition, if you sustained an injury that prevents you from returning to work, forces you to change jobs, or causes you to reduce your hours, we can pursue compensation for your lost earning capacity.
Residential or Commercial Property Damages
We can seek compensation for damages to your home or business and related expenses, including:
- Building repairs
- Building contents, such as furnishings, appliances, electronics, and personal items
- Relocation costs
- Additional living expenses (ALEs), such as hotel stays, pet boarding fees, and meal costs
- Damaged or spoiled stock
- Loss of business
Noneconomic damages compensate victims for their physical pain, mental anguish, and emotional suffering. Our lawyers can pursue noneconomic damages for:
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Chronic pain
- Post-traumatic stress
- Loss of mobility
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If your loved one died from injuries caused by a pipe explosion, you may qualify for wrongful death compensation. Our attorneys can help the deceased’s personal representative recover economic and noneconomic damages on behalf of the estate and surviving family members.
You Have a Limited Time to Pursue Your Massachusetts Pipe Explosion Case
Do not wait too long to start on your pipe explosion case. According to Mass. Gen. Laws ch. 260 § 2A, you have three years to file a personal injury lawsuit. Mass. Gen. Laws ch. 229 § 2 allows three years to sue for wrongful death. The clock generally starts the day the accident occurred, though there are circumstances that could extend the statute of limitations in a product liability case.
Understand that if the deadline to file expires, the court will likely dismiss your case. An expired time limit may also give the insurance company a reason to reduce or deny your settlement. Our lawyers can tell you more and help you take action before it is too late.
GED Lawyers Can Help You Get Started Today
GED Lawyers can help you start on your case with a risk-free, no-cost consultation. Contact us 24/7 to learn more about our services and connect with a Rehoboth pipe explosion lawyer near you. We take cases on contingency, meaning we can represent you for no upfront or out-of-pocket fees.