If you live in Panama City, Florida, the weather can contribute to burst pipes, which can cause severe water damage. Freezing temperatures can cause your pipes to burst, particularly if they’re above ground.
Our property damage lawyers are here to help you prepare and file your claim for the damage to your property as a result of burst pipes. A Panama City pip burst lawyer can fight by your side to help you recover appropriate compensation for the damage your home has suffered.
Types of Potentially Compensated Property Damage Caused by Burst Pipes
Every year, you make sure your homeowner’s insurance is paid up and hope that you won’t have to use it. No one wants to see the home they’ve worked hard for damaged.
Should your home pipes burst, you may receive compensation for the following types of damage:
- Burst pipes may be located in areas that cause the resultant water to damage the entire home, requiring your home to be rebuilt or to undergo extensive repairs to the entire structure.
- A byproduct of the entire structure being damaged is that you may need to live elsewhere while it is rebuilt or repaired, and that expense may be covered.
- Property damage applies to more than the structure of your home—the repair or replacement of furniture, clothing, computers, and other personal property damaged by water from burst pipes may be compensable.
- Burst pipe water damage to your exterior living areas, such as your patio, or structures, such as a barn, shed, or garage, may also be compensable.
- Mold remediation or replacement of components or materials damaged by mold.
- If the water damage affected your ability to work, your lost wages may be compensable.
- The damage may leave behind debris and water that require a thorough cleaning, the cost of which may be recoverable.
Our attorneys will help guide you during the insurance claim process to recover fair compensation settlement or judgment.
For a free legal consultation with a pipe burst lawyer serving Panama City, call (561) 995-1966
How Our Panama City Attorneys Can Help You Recover Compensation
Homeowners’ insurance policies are not identical. Deductibles, coverages, and the tiniest details may vary. If your property sustained water damage from burst pipes, our attorneys help you by:
- Collating evidence of damage using images, videos, and expert appraisals and preparing the evidence as part of your claim
- Analyzing your homeowner’s policy for all applicable sections to help you conform your claim to meet the insurance company’s requirements
- Analyze how Florida Statutes § 627.7011 applies to your case
- Helping you to meet the statute of limitations on property damage claims in Florida under Florida Statutes § 95.11(2)(e) and the time frames for various steps in the claims process as required by your insurance company
- Communicating with your insurance company on your behalf
- Negotiating with your insurance company for an appropriate compensation settlement
- Filing a lawsuit for appropriate compensation, should an out-of-court settlement not be reached
GED Lawyers Provides Client-Focused Legal Care
Our law firm has served Floridians for nearly 30 years. We believe that compassion and personal attention to the details of your case provide a welcome service in your time of need.
We offer service to our clients through a multilingual office, including Arabic, Creole, Greek, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, and English.
When you come to us, we approach your case in the same way and with the same sense of urgency we would if it were our home that was damaged. During our time in Florida, we’re grateful for the fact that we’ve recovered millions in compensation for our clients.
Accolades We’ve Been Awarded
We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received over the years, such as:
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Top 50 Jury Verdicts
- Best Car Accident Lawyers
- Super Lawyers
Comments From a Few of Our Clients
You don’t have to take our word for it. Consider some of the following client testimonials:
- “I had a great experience working with GED lawyers, they were great at communicating with me and I found them very helpful. They were also caring and they advocated for and represented me very well producing a positive outcome! Very professional as well, definitely recommend.” — Andrea E.
- “They handled my case very elegantly and professionally. I would gladly hire them again if again needed. Now my case is happily closed. Very impressed…” — Robin N.
- “GED Lawyers have been a great law firm to work with. The staff is excellent. Their representative that visits our office is very friendly and knowledgeable. I would recommend them as they are great at what they do.” — David S.
Affording a GED Lawyer
Our personal property attorneys provide a free initial consultation. We’re happy to meet with you at any time of day or evening, weekdays or weekends. We appreciate the fact that you may not be able to get to our office and will travel to you if that’s easier for you.
During your initial consultation, we listen as you describe the damage your home has suffered, and we answer your questions and discuss potential next steps.
Panama City Pipe Burst Lawyer Near Me (561) 995-1966
Telltale Signs of Water Damage From Burst Pipes
If you suspect you have one or more burst pipes, carefully inspect your home for signs of damage, such as:
- Water stains, usually yellow to dark brown, anywhere inside or outside your home
- Paint that is ballooning, peeling, cracking, or appearing disturbed in any way
- Soft or sagging drywall
- Warped or buckling flooring
- Mold on any surfaces
- Musty odors in any part of the house
- Damp carpet
Thoroughly document any damage you see, no matter how small it appears. The surface of your home may appear relatively undamaged, but there can be lots of damage hidden behind flooring and paint.
You will need an expert to inspect your home to determine the extent of the water damage from your burst pipes.
Click to contact our Panama City Property Damage Lawyers today
Contact GED Lawyers Today to Start Your Panama City Pip Burst Claim
Our attorneys are ready to help you fight for the appropriate compensation you deserve to restore your home. You and your family are important to us. Call us today, and let’s get started.
Call or text (561) 995-1966 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form