If a pipe burst and caused water damage or other destruction to your home or property in Boca Raton, you may have the right to financial compensation under your insurance policy. However, getting a fair and adequate settlement can be complex, especially if disputes arise with your insurer.
Fortunately, you do not have to handle your property damage claim alone. A Boca Raton pipe burst lawyer with GED Lawyers can guide you through every step of the insurance process. We will fight for the money you need to repair your dwelling and damaged property. We can start on your case today with a free consultation.
Recoverable Damages for a Burst Pipe in Boca Raton
Your recoverable compensation for losses a pipe burst caused will depend on the specifics of your property insurance policy. According to the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation, most standard policies include coverage for:
- Damage to your home or dwelling. You can seek a settlement to pay for damage to the main structure on your Boca Raton property, usually your home, dwelling, or business. Coverage generally includes the cost of cleaning up and repairing damage to the roof, floors, windows, doors, walls, and other structural components. With a pipe burst incident, awards may also include water and mold removal.
- Damage to other structures. Most policies also cover damage to other structures on your property, such as sheds, garages, and fencing.
- The property’s contents. You can recover compensation to pay for damaged or destroyed personal property and household items. Coverage for a property’s contents usually includes awards to pay for furniture, rugs, electronics, appliances, tools, clothing, and other valuables.
- Living expenses. You may be entitled to compensation for additional living expenses (ALEs), such as hotel stays, food costs, storage fees, and pet boarding. In addition, if your dwelling or business is no longer habitable, you may also qualify for relocation expenses.
- Liability and medical payments. If another party suffered an injury or property damage due to a pipe burst at your home or business in the Boca Raton area, your liability coverage may pay for all or a portion of their medical expenses and other losses.
- Lost business. If water damage prevents you from conducting business, your commercial property insurance policy may pay for business interruption expenses.
We Help Residential and Commercial Property Owners Pursue Financial Recovery
A Boca Raton pipe burst lawyer with GED Lawyers can review your insurance policy and help you identify your covered losses. We assist with homeowners, renters, commercial, hurricane, and flood insurance claims. Our Florida attorneys have experience with property damage resulting from:
- Sinkholes or shifting soil
- Extreme temperatures
- Clogs, corrosion, or old age
- Sudden changes in water pressure
- Root encroachment
- Defective construction or maintenance
- Intentional acts or vandalism
For a free legal consultation with a pipe explosion lawyer serving Boca Raton, call (561) 995-1966
Reasons an Insurance Company May Dispute Your Boca Raton Pipe Burst Claim
It is in the insurance company’s financial interest to keep property damage claims payouts as low as possible. To that end, your insurer may use tactics to reduce, delay, or deny your settlement, including:
- Underestimating your losses
- Refusing to cover certain losses
- Alleging you caused the property damage due to your negligence
- Alleging the pipe burst was not caused by a covered incident
- Playing hardball during negotiations or pressuring you to accept a hasty, lowball settlement
However, the Homeowner Claims Bill of Rights (Florida Statutes § 627.7142) protects you from bad-faith insurance tactics. It states that:
- The insurance company must acknowledge your claim within 14 days of submission
- The insurance company must notify you whether your claim is covered, covered in part, denied, or under investigation within 30 days of receiving a Proof of Loss Statement
- The insurance company must remit payment for undisputed portions of your settlement within 90 days of when you filed your claim
- You have the option of resolving disputed claims through free mediation via the Division of Consumer Services
Our Boca Raton pipe burst attorney will ensure that the insurance company treats you fairly and fulfills their legal and contractual obligations. Our team can help you seek the most advantageous settlement possible, appeal denied claims, represent you during mediation, or pursue your losses with a civil lawsuit.
Boca Raton Pipe Explosion Lawyer Near Me (561) 995-1966
Act on Your Boca Raton Pipe Burst Case Before Time Runs Out
According to Florida Statutes § 627.70132, you generally have two years to file a property damage claim. However, if a hurricane or other weather event damaged your property, you may have up to three years. If necessary, Florida Statutes § 95.11 allows two years to file a lawsuit to recover damages related to your burst pipe.
Our Boca Raton property damage lawyers can document your losses, preserve case evidence, and pursue your insurance claim or take legal action before time runs out.
Click to contact our Pipeline Explosions today
Our Boca Raton Attorneys Can Protect Your Right to Compensation
Since 1995, our attorneys have helped clients across the country recover compensation for personal injuries and real and personal property damage. We know how stressful and difficult it can be to attempt to salvage personal items, oversee home or business repairs, and even relocate while also dealing with the insurance company and its demands.
Let our Boca Raton pipe burst lawyers take care of your insurance and legal issues so you can focus on putting your life, home, or business back together. Our team will:
- File your insurance claim in a timely fashion and track and adhere to case deadlines
- Document your losses using photographs, video footage, bills, receipts, itemized lists, and repair/replacement estimates
- Review your insurance policy, explain your coverage, and pursue the maximum compensation available under your policy
- Communicate with insurance agents, opposing attorneys, and other involved parties
- Negotiate on your behalf and protect you from bad-faith insurance tactics
- Represent you at trial if necessary
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact GED Lawyers Today for a Burst Pipe in Boca Raton
GED Lawyers takes many property damage claims on contingency, meaning we do not collect attorney’s fees unless and until we win your case. To learn more about we can assist you at no upfront cost, contact us today for a free case evaluation and connect with a property damage lawyer near you.
A team member is available 24/7 to take your call and answer your questions. Hablamos español.
Call or text (561) 995-1966 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form