Burst pipes can lead to water damage, structural issues, mold, and other costly property damage. You may be able to recover some of your financial losses with a property insurance claim, but securing a fair settlement is not always easy or straightforward.
Fortunately, an Estero pipe burst lawyer with GED Lawyers can help you seek the compensation you need and deserve. Our team can document your property damages, calculate your losses, and negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. Our services will cost you nothing upfront, and we offer free consultations to help you get started.
Our Estero Attorneys Will Stand Up to an Insurance Company
If you have residential or commercial property insurance, your policy may cover pipe burst damage in Estero. However, securing compensation from your insurer can sometimes be a challenging process riddled with potential pitfalls that could lead to a reduced, delayed, or denied settlement.
Our Estero personal injury attorneys can review your homeowners, renters, commercial, flood, hurricane, or other applicable insurance policies and determine your covered losses. We will then put decades of experience behind protecting your rights and defending you against tactics insurers often use to keep claims payouts as low as possible. We can:
- Ensure the insurance company fairly and accurately evaluates your damages
- Ensure you receive compensation for all of your covered losses, including handling disputes that may arise over what is or is not covered
- Hold insurers to deadlines, including deadlines for paying out claims
- Defend you against allegations of negligence or wrongdoing that may negate your right to a settlement
- Protect you from bad-faith insurance tactics
- Fight for you during negotiations
We Will Protect Your Rights Under Florida Law
Florida Statutes § 627.7142, known as the Homeowner Claims Bill of Rights, outlines your rights and responsibilities as an insured party in Florida. Included in the law are time limits insurers must adhere to when responding to a claim, making a settlement determination, or remitting payment. Our attorneys are familiar with the law, and we will use it to hold the insurance company to its obligations.
There are also deadlines you must follow. Under Florida Statutes § 627.70132, you generally have two years to file a property insurance claim. However, if your pipe burst occurred because of a hurricane or other weather-related event, you may have up to three years. Additionally, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11, you have four years to file a lawsuit to recover property damages.
If any of these deadlines expire, you may have little or no options for recovering your losses. Our Florida attorneys can help pursue your damages before time runs out.
For a free legal consultation with a pipe burst lawyer serving Estero, call (561) 995-1966
We Will Pursue the Maximum Settlement Possible for Your Pipe Burst Claim
According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), most standard homeowners policies include coverage for:
- Structural damage. We can help you recover the cost of cleaning up and repairing water damage and other destruction the burst pipe caused. This includes damages to the walls, roof, flooring, doors, or other structural elements. Usually, coverage for structural damage protects your primary dwelling and any other buildings on your property, such as garages, gazebos, or sheds.
- Personal property. We can seek compensation for damaged personal items and household contents. This may include the cost of appliances, electronics, furnishings, tools, clothing, art, and collectibles.
- Living expenses. If you must relocate because of pipe burst damage and repairs, we can pursue your additional living expenses (ALEs). Compensation may include hotel stays, storage fees, pet boarding fees, and food costs above your normal expenses.
- Liability. Liability coverage would protect you if another party suffered injuries or property damage due to a pipe burst on your Estero, FL, premises.
Our Estero pipe burst lawyers can also seek additional awards if your property damage occurred on premises that a commercial policy covers. According to the Florida Department of Financial Services, commercial policies may also cover the following:
- Damaged merchandise
- Spoiled (perishable) stock
- Interruption of computer operations or utility services
- Lost business income
Estero Pipe Burst Lawyer Near Me (561) 995-1966
Let GED Lawyers Handle Your Estero Pipe Burst Claim
Preparing and filing an insurance claim can seem daunting when you are dealing with the cleanup and repairs your burst pipe caused. Your insurance issues may become even more stressful if the insurance company refuses to pay you an appropriate settlement.
You can have our Estero pipe burst lawyers handle your claim so that you can devote your time and energy toward getting your life and property back in order. We can:
- Document and photograph your pipe burst damages
- Estimate the value of your losses
- Prepare and file your claims paperwork
- Track and manage deadlines
- Handle case-related emails, phone calls, and meetings
- Negotiate with the insurance company to secure the maximum settlement possible in your case
- Provide you with regular and frequent case updates
- Maintain open lines of attorney/client communication
- Appeal denied claims or represent you during mediation
- Take your case to trial if necessary
We strive to provide professional, compassionate, and personalized legal representation. When you work with us, our multicultural, multilingual staff is available 24/7 to answer your questions, address your concerns, and provide guidance. We assist clients in Spanish, Arabic, Creole, Greek, Portuguese, Russian, and Turkish.
We Assist Clients With Various Types of Property Damage
In addition to burst pipes, you may have other property damage. We help with cases involving:
- Fire and smoke damage
- Heavy rains
- Extreme temperatures
- Defective construction or maintenance
- Vandalism or intentional acts
Reach Out to GED Lawyers Today About an Estero Pipe Burst
An Estero pipe burst lawyer with GED Lawyers can take the burden of securing an insurance settlement off your shoulders. Contact us today to take advantage of a free consultation and learn more about working with a Florida property damage attorney near you.