A natural disaster like a fire can be dangerous and destructive, leaving you with damaged or destroyed property. If you purchased homeowners’ or fire insurance, you should be able to depend on the financial protections provided by your policy. If your insurance company is denying or lowballing your claim, our Lighthouse Point property damage lawyer can help you get the compensation you need and deserve.
When you need us most, our Lighthouse Point fire damage claims lawyer will take on your insurance company. You can focus on relocating and caring for your family while our team at Ged Lawyers prepares your case. We will investigate the fire and its cause, catalog your damages and losses, and take on the insurance adjuster for fair and appropriate compensation. Contact us today to get started.
Fire Damage in Lighthouse Point, Florida Can Be Costly and Extensive
Creating a list of your covered losses after a fire is critical to receiving optimal financial recovery. It can be harder than you think to list your losses, especially since the process can be emotionally challenging. To ensure your compensation request is as detailed and accurate as possible, we will help you collect:
- Photos of your home and personal property
- Pre-fire damage photos, if possible
- Records and receipts for securing your home
- Bank records, receipts, and other kinds of proof of purchase
In addition to helping you and your family create a detailed list of your covered losses, we help you avoid costly inaccuracies. We will review your list for accuracy, completion, typos, and other potentially harmful errors.
We Help You Submit a Comprehensive Fire Damage Claim in Lighthouse Point
At Ged Lawyers, our disaster recovery lawyer is familiar with property damage and fire damage claims. We know how to support your insurance policy claim with a substantive evidence collection that proves the value of your:
- Main structure
- Personal property
- Relocation cost
- Smoke damage
- Soot removal
- Odor abatement
- Water damage
Our fire damage claims lawyer serving Lighthouse Point also works hard to help you understand and comply with the state’s fire damage claim notification and filing deadlines. Florida Statutes § 95.11 generally gives you up to four years to make your claim. We will explain the costly risks of non-compliance and the steps we take to help you avoid them.
Working With Our Fire Damage Attorney on Your Lighthouse Points Claim
Building a fire damage claim and communicating with the insurance company and their adjuster can be stressful and frustrating. Our law firm will take the hard work of recovering damages off your shoulders. Leave the legal and insurance complexities to us. To strengthen and support your claim, we will:
- Explain your rights as the policyholder
- Examine the specifics of your policy
- Clarify complicated insurance jargon
- Assess the limitations of your policy
- Understand how it defines covered losses
- Negotiate a favorable settlement
At Ged Lawyers, every member of our client-focused team gets behind your fight for compensation. We will protect you from damaging social media posts, speedy yet insufficient settlements, and bad-faith insurance practices.
See Why Previous Ged Lawyers’ Clients Recommend Our Law Firm
The lawyer you choose for representation can make a difference in how your claim is handled and resolved. On our reviews page, previous clients who recommend our legal service and support say:
- Alan Lovgren: I hired Ged Lawyers to take over the claim and things are now starting to advance accordingly … I’m confident with the guidance Ged is providing us … My wife and I are both relieved having the weight of this lifted off our shoulders.
- Cathy Maldonado: I want [to] thank Maria Colon and her amazing team for all their support, time, and help that they’ve done for me. Highly recommend them.
No two homes, homeowners, or fire damage claims are identical, so we work hard to provide personalized, communicative legal care to porperty owners. We work equally hard to give your claim the attention to detail it needs.
The Role of Florida’s Homeowners’ Bill of Rights in Your Lighthouse Point Claim
Homeowners in Florida have rights and should be treated fairly when making a valid insurance claim after a fire. According to Homeowners’ Bill of Right Resident Claim guidelines, that includes:
- The right to have your claim and its filing acknowledged
- Notice of the degree of protection your policy dictates within 30 days
- A detailed estimate of your covered losses within seven days of its completion
- Settlement, partial dispute, or denial of your claim within 60 days
- Accrued interest for settlements not paid within 60 days
- Mediation to resolve your insurance dispute at no cost to you
When we review your case, we note any violations of Florida Statutes § 627.7142 that affect your claim. Our goal is to streamline the financial recovery process for you so you can start rebuilding your home and your life.
Our Fire Damage Claims Lawyer Will Appeal a Denied or Lowballed Claim
You do not have to stop fighting for coverage if your application is denied by an insurance provider. The appeals process for a fire damage claim can be daunting. There are typically four reasons insurance companies deny fire claims. They are:
- They allege that your policy does not include fire damage
- They believe the fire was intentional
- They assert that your losses were not caused by a fire
- They contend that a property defect caused the fire
When we file an appeal on your behalf, we will review any correspondence related to your denial. We also gather documents, photos, videos, and other evidence that supports your property damage claim.
Get Help Filing Your Lighthouse Point Fire Damage Claim
When your home is damaged or destroyed by a fire, you should be able to count on your insurance company to cover your losses. If they will not, or if they make obtaining compensation unnecessarily difficult, we can take on the insurer for you.
Our Lighthouse Point fire damage claims lawyer will fight hard for financial recovery on your behalf. Find out how hard we will go to bat for you by contacting our consultation team at Ged Lawyers today.