Insurance companies may deny fire claims because:
- They say that the insurance coverage you’re relying on doesn’t apply to the fire damage.
- They claim that you, or someone else, set the fire intentionally.
- They claim that the damages you’re seeking coverage for were not caused by this specific fire.
- They claim that defective design of your property led to the fire, and that the defect voids the terms of your insurance policy.
An insurance company may give another reason for denying your claim. Even underpaying your fire claim could cause great harm. Without fair coverage of your fire-related losses, you may face steep financial costs.
An Insurance Company May Be Determined Not to Pay Your Fire Claim
Insurance companies have a financial interest in denying claims. While not every insurance company acts in bad faith, we are not necessarily surprised when a client receives an unfair denial or undervaluation of a fire claim.
Once you realize an insurance company is not acting in good faith, you may turn to a lawyer. Our firm understands the tactics that insurance companies use, and we’ll fight for a fair outcome to your claim.
Tactics That an Insurance Company May Use Against You
Insurance companies may get creative when avoiding paying your fire claim. We may see insurance companies:
- Issue an unequivocal denial: An insurance company may deny your claim in no uncertain terms. You’ll generally receive a claim denial through a written letter, whether it is digital or physical.
- Try to avoid paying for certain losses: An insurance company may deny some of your covered losses, hoping that you’ll accept partial payment.
- Give you a lowball settlement offer: An insurance company may extend a first settlement offer that is less than you deserve. An offer may be low because the insurance company undervalues certain losses or because it initially refuses to cover certain losses. Remember that a lowball offer is not necessarily the insurance company’s last offer.
- Delay the processing of your claim: An insurance company may take its time in processing your claim. The company may hope that, if your claim drags on, you’ll eventually accept a low settlement offer.
- Use hardball negotiating tactics: Your attorney can negotiate for a fair settlement with an insurance company. The insurer may use a team of lawyers, act as if they won’t budge on a settlement, or use other hardball tactics. If your lawyer is experienced, they won’t be intimidated by such maneuvers.
Insurance companies may try to take advantage of their policyholders. They may attempt to confuse you with dense language. An insurance company may even try to have you admit fault for the fire or admit that certain losses are not covered.
One way to protect yourself is to hire an attorney who helps with property insurance claims.
How an Attorney May Respond to Insurance Companies’ Tactics
A lawyer will handle interactions with your insurance company. Unless you must absolutely give a statement to the insurer, expect your lawyer to handle the claims process.
Your lawyer may combat the insurance company’s bad-faith tactics by:
- Presenting evidence: If an insurance company makes a claim, your lawyer may find evidence to refute that claim. The insurance company may choose to settle in light of such evidence. Rather than taking their chances of losing at trial, the insurance company may compensate you fairly because of convincing evidence.
- Making oral arguments: Your lawyer may explain why the insurance company has erred, and why the insurer should cover your losses. If the insurer finds your attorney’s case compelling, it may change its tactics.
- Hiring experts: Qualified experts can be an asset to your insurance claim. An expert may testify to the source of your fire, explain how property damage is fire-related, or assist your claim in other ways.
Your attorney will tailor their strategies to your unique circumstances. An attorney from our firm will be ready for the unexpected and will remain focused on a clear goal: getting the compensation you deserve after a fire.
A Lawyer from Our Firm Will Seek a Positive Outcome to Your Claim
Our firm has strong case results on our record. Whether we’re handling an insurance claim or lawsuit, our clients receive our strongest effort. As a client of our firm, you will:
- Always be able to reach your attorney
- Receive regular updates about your claim
- Have the legal protection of our firm
- Get our financial support, as we’ll pay all case-related costs
- Know that you, and your case, are important to us
The insurance claims process can be confusing and difficult, especially with a claim as unique as a fire. You deserve to focus on your loved ones and getting your life back in order. We’ll deal with the insurance companies and fight for a positive outcome to your claim.
Call GED Lawyers Today to Discuss Your Fire Claim at No Cost
Insurance companies generally have many resources at their disposal. You deserve to have your own support, and GED Lawyers will be your staunchest ally. Our team will fight a denial of your fire claim. We’ll then fight for the compensation that you deserve.
Call GED Lawyers today for your free consultation.