A fire can cause serious damage to your property or destroy it altogether. If your home, business, or another property you own was damaged in a recent fire, our Parkland fire damage claims lawyer will help you seek compensation from your insurance company. We will assess your recoverable damages and examine the details and fine print of your homeowners insurance policy. We will handle all avenues of communication with the insurer, including examining your policy in detail.
The shock and distress of a fire can also cause immediate and lasting emotional trauma. While you help your family or business relocate, our Parkland property damage lawyer at Ged Lawyers will handle the array of paperwork your case will require. We will also explain your rights as an insured homeowner and help you understand any deadlines that apply to your case. Call now for your free initial consultation.
Damages You Can Recover for Your Fire-Damaged Property in Parkland
Fire damage is one of the common types of property damage a property owner in Parkland, Florida might experience. Every case is different, so our fire damage attorney will carefully assess your covered losses. You can generally request compensation for:
- Damage to your main building and outbuilding
- Damage or loss of your personal property
- The costs associated with relocating your family or business
- Cleanup of smoke, soot, and water damage
Your insurance policy may have specific guidelines for what will be covered in the event of a fire. We will delve into your policy, including any optional coverage you chose and any changes to your policy after its initial purchase.
Factors That Affect the Timeline of Your Fire Damage Claim in Parkland, Florida
Filing a fire damage claim can involve multiple reporting, notification, and filing deadlines. According to Florida Statutes § 95.11, you generally have four years to file a lawsuit seeking compensation. Failing to meet the relevant filing deadline can put your right to financial recovery at risk. We can help you avoid the costly consequences of non-compliance.
Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (FOIR) guidelines may have additional deadlines. Our law firm will explain any that will apply to your case. In addition, we will hold the insurance company accountable for meeting all correspondence and other deadlines for communicating with you about your fire damage claim.
The Benefits of Hiring Our Fire Damage Claims Attorney to Advocate for You
Homeowners’ insurance—or a separate fire insurance policy—is put in place to meet your needs at challenging times like these. If you protected your property with insurance, our law firm will help you obtain its benefits.
At Ged Lawyers, we will:
- Handle insurance claim forms, including their timely filing
- Examine the limitations and maximum coverage of your policy
- Clarify its definition and assessment of valid covered losses
- Handle all verbal, written, and virtual communication
- File an appeal if your initial compensation request was denied
You do not have to fight for compensation without legal support from our entire team. Our fire damage claims lawyer serving Parkland will build a solid, well-documented case on your behalf.
What It Means to Work With Our Results-Driven Team at Ged Lawyers
Our law firm is passionate about helping property owners get financial relief when they need it most. Of our law firm, previous clients say:
- Alan Lovgren: “I was struggling trying to deal with our insurance company to obtain proper reimbursement from them for damages we suffered from after Hurricane Ian … I hired Ged Lawyers to take over the claim … finally, I feel we can expect to be treated fairly!!!”
- John G Caterham: “Excellent intake and discussion about the process.”
- Gina Rafferty: “Knowledgeable, great communication, and friendly.”
Learn more about our commitment to outstanding client support by reading additional testimonials on our reviews page. We treat you and every homeowner we represent with compassion, respect, and individualized legal care and concern.
How Florida’s Homeowners’ Bill of Rights Impacts Your Fire Damage Claim
Property owners in Florida are protected by the state’s Homeowner Claims Bill of Rights. It safeguards your right to:
- Have your claim acknowledged within 14 days
- Responses from your insurer about your claim
- Receive compensation for a valid claim
- Enter mediation at no cost to you, if warranted
No one wants to be treated unfairly or have their legitimate claim denied. When you turn to our fire damage claims lawyer for support, we stop at nothing to get fair and appropriate compensation from your insurance company.
Our Property Damage Lawyer Will Protect You From Bad Faith Insurance Tactics
Many people purchase insurance and store the packet of documents away in case they are needed. We work hard to compel your insurance company to honor your policy. We will prevent you from becoming a victim of:
- Unwarranted delays on your claim
- Denials without valid cause
- Having your policy misrepresented
- Delayed payment on your settlement
- The insurance company refusing to correspond with you
Bring us a copy of your policy. Our client-focused team will review it for you and determine how your insurance policy defines covered fire damage loss in Parkland.
Our Fire Damage Claims Lawyer Can Appeal Your Denied Insurance Request
You do not have to walk away from a fight for compensation or take on the financial burden of repairing or replacing your Parkland home after a fire. We will accept your case and keep fighting for compensation if:
- Your initial insurance claim was denied
- The offer you received was unreasonably low
- The insurance adjuster acted in bad faith
You have a limited time to file an appeal. When we handle it for you, we clarify the appeals filing deadline and fight by your side through each of its phases.
Contact Our Fire Damage Claims Review Team Now
Filing a fire damage claim can be a daunting process. It can also be emotionally charged and frustrating. Let us handle the legal process for you. Our Parkland fire damage claims lawyer will take on your insurance company and fight for the fair compensation you need and deserve.
Get started today by contacting our consultation team at Ged Lawyers to learn more about how hard we go to bat for you. During a free consultation, we can explain more about your options for seeking financial compensation.