Imagine you’re driving down the road in your new convertible, enjoying a beautiful day. The wind blows through your hair, and you feel free. But then the unthinkable happens. A vehicle runs a red light as you cruise through the intersection and slams into your car. The next thing you know, you have sky-high medical bills and injuries so severe that you can’t work.
When someone else’s negligence leaves you with debilitating injuries and staggering financial losses, a car accident lawyer from GED Lawyers can help. We can handle your legal case to secure compensation for you in Deerfield Beach so you can focus on healing.
A Car Accident Attorney Can Seek Damages For You in Deerfield Beach, FL
It’s stressful having to recover from serious injuries. It’s even more stressful worrying about the future if you don’t know whether you and your family will be financially stable or secure.
You could have a severe injury such as concussion, paralysis, internal bleeding, spinal cord laceration, whiplash, or another type of injury that takes time to heal. You may need surgery, hospitalization, or physical therapy. You may even require long-term home care.
These expenses can wreak havoc on your finances (on top of other expenses such as childcare and the cost of home services that you may incur).
However, you can cover your financial losses and hold the liable party accountable for your injuries by seeking compensation. Recoverable damages a car accident lawyer can pursue for you include economic damages such as:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income and benefits
- Property damage
- Physical therapy
- Household services
We can also recover non-economic damages such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
You can prove economic damages by using your medical bills, pay stubs, and receipts to demonstrate your financial losses. Proving non-economic damages is more challenging, but your lawyer can determine an appropriate amount.
The value of a compensation package varies from case to case and depends on factors such as the severity of your injuries, how much work you had to miss, and how much pain and suffering you experienced. Our firm has won multi-million dollar settlements for victims like you, and Florida does not cap the amount of compensation you can receive.
Your Lawyer Can Build Your Car Accident Case in Deerfield Beach, FL
You are not alone in this fight. We urge you to consult a lawyer with experience handling car accident cases, so you can build the strongest case possible. A lawyer should not only have the training and capability to build your case but should treat you with respect and accommodate your needs. If you hire our firm to take your case, we can:
- Evaluate your case: We can evaluate your case during a free consultation and answer any questions you have at no cost to you.
- Investigate the accident: We can conduct our own investigation of the accident and gather evidence to back up your claim including medical bills, police reports, traffic camera footage, photographs of the scene, witness statement, and expert opinions.
- Calculate your claim: We can determine the value of your claim by considering any damages that apply to you.
- Negotiate with the insurer: We can negotiate with the liable party and their insurer to reach a settlement that adequately covers your losses. We can also review the terms of any settlement agreement with you.
- Represent you in court: We can file a lawsuit if necessary and present your case to a jury. We’re not afraid to go to trial and advocate for your best interests.
- Be accessible: If you want to talk to us but don’t have time during normal work hours, we can arrange to see you on evenings or weekends because we understand and empathize with your situation.
- Provide regular communication: We can provide you with regular updates on the status of your case and respond to your communications promptly.
- Provide legal care in multiple languages: Not everyone speaks the same language. It’s important to us to speak with you about your case in the language you’re most comfortable speaking, including Portuguese, Russian, Greek, Spanish, Creole, Turkish, or Arabic.
- Give our time and resources: We can pour our time and resources into building a solid case for compensation for you.
- Work on a contingency fee basis: We work on a contingency fee basis, so you don’t pay us unless we win your case, and you receive compensation.
Our law firm believes in holding negligent drivers accountable to get victims the compensation they need and help prevent accidents in the future.
Statute of Limitations on Deerfield Beach Car Accidents
You have the right to recover compensation for your injuries and financial losses, and to seek it through the legal process. However, you only have two years from the date of injuries to file a personal injury lawsuit in Florida, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11. Failure to meet this deadline means you forfeit your right to file a lawsuit.
We can work to meet the statute of limitations in your case so that taking your case to court is always an option.
Consult a Car Accident Lawyer in Deerfield Beach, FL Today
You have options after suffering injuries in a car accident. A car accident lawyer from GED Lawyers can explain those options in Deerfield Beach, FL. We are ready to talk to you about your case when you are ready to begin seeking compensation.
You want a lawyer who will listen to you. You want a lawyer who cares. That’s what we’re about. To schedule a free consultation with a car accident lawyer in Deerfield Beach, please do not hesitate to contact us today.To learn more about what happens if you lose a car accident lawsuit, or to schedule a free consultation with a personal injury attorney from GED Lawyers, please contact us today.