If you were in a rideshare accident, you may be entitled to recover compensation from the rideshare company’s insurance policy or at-fault party. Whether you’ve suffered minor or severe injuries, you can recover your losses through a personal injury case in Deerfield Beach.
A rideshare accident lawyer from our firm can take your case. You can start by reaching out to Ged Lawyers for a free case evaluation. A member of our legal staff will review the details of your case and help you understand your rights and legal options.
There Are No Upfront Fees When Working With Our Deerfield Beach Rideshare Attorneys
There’s never any upfront charge for personal injury victims who choose to work with us. Our rideshare accident lawyers work on a contingency-fee basis. Simply put, we only charge for our legal services if we win your case.
Once we win or settle your case, our team receives a percentage of your compensation as payment. This means you won’t need to pay us out-of-pocket.
Victims of Rideshare Car Accidents Can Recoup Damages for Economic and Non-Economic Losses
Building a case after a rideshare accident requires a detailed assessment of your accident-related losses. Florida law says that injury victims can seek damages for both financial and non-financial losses. If you’ve required diagnostic testing to check for injuries, medical procedures, or physical therapy, your lawyer will include the cost of these and other expenses in your case.
Further, rideshare accident victims who experience physical trauma or emotional injury to their mental well-being can recover compensation for their non-economic losses, such as pain and suffering. Our Deerfield Beach rideshare accident attorney can help you collect compensation for losses that include:
- Present and future healthcare expenses
- Lost earnings
- Reduce earning capacity
- Vehicle damage
- Personal property damage
- Physical rehabilitation
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Lost quality of life
- Pain and suffering
enefits of Working With Our Law Firm Serving Deerfield Beach, FL
Our attorneys have guided many clients through motor vehicle accident claims, and we’ve recovered millions of dollars. The team handling your rideshare accident has access to a wealth of resources at our full-service law firm. This allows us to tap into the broad range of knowledge and experience of our attorneys and network.
Additionally, it provides your Deerfield Beach accident lawyer the latitude to make decisions in the best interest of your case. We stand up for your rights against adversaries of any size. Ged Lawyers offers clients:
- Comprehensive and compassionate legal care
- Attorneys who are successful trial litigators and former insurance insiders
- Legal service without any upfront costs or fees
- Free consultations
- Access anytime, weekend, and evening appoints are available
- In-person meetings at your location if you are unable to travel
- Multi-lingual staff fluent in a variety of languages, including Spanish, Arabic, Creole, Greek, Portuguese, Russian, and Turkish
ow Much Time Do You Have to File a Rideshare Accident Case?
Under newly signed law, personal injury victims typically have just two years from the date of the accident to file their case in court. This statute of limitations is outlined in Florida Statutes § 95.11.
We recommend contacting our law office for a Deerfield Beach rideshare accident attorney as soon as possible to avoid losing your right to claim compensation.
Determining Liability in a Deerfield Beach Rideshare Collision Case
Liability is one of the most complex parts of filing a rideshare accident claim. Drivers for rideshare services like Uber and Lyft are not employees of their companies. Therefore, the company does not automatically bear vicarious liability for the driver’s actions under Florida law.
As independent contractors, drivers may be financially responsible for accidents they cause depending on the circumstances of the crash. You’ll have to know how liability applies to your accident to recover the compensation you deserve. That task becomes more difficult if it’s a multi-vehicle collision. Your rideshare accident attorney serving Deerfield Beach will identify who caused the accident and target the appropriate liable party.
Liable parties could include:
- Rideshare company– Generally, if the driver of the rideshare car caused the accident, the transportation network company must have insurance to cover it. However, that insurance only applies if the accident meets certain conditions. Uber or Lyft could be directly liable for the accident if the company was negligent in hiring or retaining drivers with a history of accidents, driving offenses, or criminal record. The TNC could also be held accountable for failure to ensure vehicle safety or meet specifications.
- Rideshare driver– If the driver caused the crash, they could be liable for paying damages directly or from their personal auto insurance policy.
- Third-party driver– In situations where a third-party driver is at fault for the crash, victims would seek financial recovery from the driver’s bodily liability insurance or sue the driver personally.
- Vehicle manufacturer– Sometimes these accidents result from a defect or failure of the vehicle or one of its parts. A car manufacturer, tire manufacturer, or even an auto repair company could be to blame in this case.
ow Rideshare Insurance Coverage Works in Deerfield Beach
TNCs like Uber and Lyft must provide insurance to cover accidents that occur while their drivers are:
- Logged into the rideshare app and waiting for ride requests
- Actively engaged in a ride i.e., either carrying a passenger or on the way to get one.
The rideshare company is not responsible for providing insurance for accidents that occur while the driver is not logged into the app because the driver is considered off the clock. So, if the driver turned the app off for a lunch break, then crashed into another car, the TNC is not liable by law. Victims will usually file a claim with the driver’s personal car insurance provider if they have coverage.
Our firm can assess your case and explain your legal options when you reach out to us.
Free Case Review With a Deerfield Beach Rideshare Accident Lawyer
The path to compensation is different for each client, so seeking legal guidance may be beneficial as you build your case. Our rideshare accident lawyers serving Deerfield Beach, FL can determine the best route to financial recovery in your case.
If you’ve been hurt in a rideshare crash, call Ged Lawyers for a free case review today.